Purpose: The job holder is responsible for identifying, leading, and managing academic improvement processes related to declaration and registration. The jobholder is also responsible for managing and facilitating the tools and resources that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of registration operations that support capacity management as well as promoting the adoption of those tools among stakeholders.
- Identify possible improvement opportunities and integration options with the University systems in collaboration with IT
- Study the declaration and registration processes towards enhancing and developing each with the support and collaboration of the relevant offices and departments
- Assess the declaration processes of each major in collaboration with the schools and departments
- Support departments in the declaration application milestones and relevant registration procedures as needed.
- Develop and implement an optimized and unified declaration application process for all programs with the support of IT to automate the workflow towards standardizing the entire process
- Support academic departments by implementing registration rules criteria on Banner based on the forecasted demand on all courses derived from the analysis of available information for programs and course offerings
- Collaborate with the scheduling team in the Registrar to ensure the appropriate application of the registration rules, reservations, and restrictions on Banner
- Manage and maintain Banner waiting lists on all applicable courses
- Promote the implementation of Banner waiting lists and other relevant resources to academic departments
- Monitor the adoption rate through a data-driven approach, report results, and develop plans to address any adoption issues
- Research and evaluate options for advancing and improving the management of applying registration rules as needed
- Stay up to date with the best practices and market offerings from different vendors such as Ellucian to adopt technologies that may serve the pertinent processes
- Manage market assessment for product/service offerings that can address the identified opportunities
- Identify, plan, and manage implementation of key projects to improve quality, increase productivity, and improve cycle-time towards significant business improvement and customer satisfaction
- Establish and maintain the University requirements and expansion/adoption roadmap related to relevant processes
- Design and implement orientation sessions to increase awareness and knowledge of process improvement methodology and techniques in relevant processes such as major/minor declaration
- Work on problem definition activities by conducting focus groups, surveys, and generating necessary statistics from stakeholders
- Guide automation requirements through detailed process documentation
- Efficiently and effectively manage completion of process improvement projects
- Lead and facilitate academic improvement workshops to drive ideas and solutions
- Design remediation plans to address project issues and track record of following through to ensure closure
- Establish university-based metrics and performance measures which appropriately evaluate success and drive accountability of business process improvement for relevant processes
- Assist in developing a targeted long-term improvement strategy to encompass regional and international educational institutes and foster growth to lead process improvements in higher education within the region
- Perform other duties that support the overall objective of the position as assigned by the senior manager
Minimum Education Requirement:
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, engineering, or computer science.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
- Previous experience with an educational institute is required
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively
- Ability to organize workload, complete assignments, and work independently
- Strong aptitude for self-learning and knowledge acquisition
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent influencing and consultative skills with the ability to partner with and engage at multiple levels in the University
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to design reports and other communication materials.
- Knowledge of Banner student information system package is an asset
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Fluent in Arabic
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Possess core traits of honesty, integrity, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Flexible and able to work as part of a team
The position is open until October 30, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Assistant Professor In The Research And Didactics Faculty Staff Member Group, Faculty of Geography and Geology of the Jagiellonian University, Poland, 28 days ago
RECTOR of the Jagiellonian University announces a competitive selection process for the post of an ASSISTANT PROFESSOR in the research and didactics faculty staff member group in the Institute of ...
Assistant Professor In The Faculty Of Security, Logistics And Management At Mut, MILITARY UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, Poland, 16 days ago
ANNOUNCEMENT 5/2021 CONCERNING RECRUITMENT FOR A JOB MILITARY UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY INSTITUTION: Faculty of , Military University of Technology CITY: Warsaw, Poland POSITION: Assistant Professo...
Assistant In The Research And Didactics Faculty Staff Member Group, Faculty of Geography and Geology of the Jagiellonian University, Poland, 28 days ago
RECTOR of the Jagiellonian University announces a competitive selection process for the post of an ASSISTANT in the research and didactics faculty staff member group in the Institute of Geography ...
“In Gest Algae Plataforma Inteligente De Gestão Da Produção De Microalgas” (Reference: Centro 01 ... (# Of Pos: 2), Universidade de Coimbra, Portugal, 27 days ago
A call for two research fellowship is open, in the framework of the project “InGestAlgae - Plataforma Inteligente de Gestão da Produção de Microalgas” (reference: CENTRO-01-0247-FEDER-046983), co-...
Assistant Professor In Global Environmental Change, Jagiellonian University, Poland, about 2 hours ago
The competitive selection process is open for all individuals, who meet the requirements set out in Articles 113 and 116.2.3) of the Act of 20 July 2018 – Law on Higher Education and Science, and ...
Open Recruitment: University Professor At The Faculty Of Archaeology University Of Warsaw From The..., University of Warsaw, Poland, 1 day ago
The candidates have to conform to the conditions stated in art.113 of Higer Education Law dated to 20.07.2018 (Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2021, item 478). Employment for an unspecif...