Purpose: The jobholder will develop and monitor a data and information management strategy, including data protection, data consistency and a record management policy for UCCDs, with attention to confidentiality. She/he will oversee the website development and the administration of the online career services management system at each UCCD. Position holder will manage the implementation of online career management system for 12 partner universities and train and coach UCCD on the best system utilization process.
· Work closely with system provider to ensure a smooth installation and functioning of all career system modules at the 12 partner universities
· Train, and coach UCCD staff on system usage, report and best utilization for modules
· Manage and oversee the usage of data systems
· Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure accuracy and legitimacy of data, in coordination with the monitoring and evaluation advisor
· Provide guidance to UCCD staff on usage of management information system and collection of labor market data
· Conduct regular system checks to ensure data quality, integrity and performance optimization
· Liaise with the software company re- system updates and coach the UCCD staff on new developments
· Expand the use of the data management system to facilitate a source of centralized data for all users
· Produce information, reports, data and statistics including the analysis of student usage of UCCD activities and labor market information
· Develop methodology and oversee establishment and maintenance of system for mapping and analyzing labor market needs
· Support development of tracking and monitoring system articulated with labor market assessment process
· Conduct employment surveys among students and basic establishment skills surveys among employers
· Oversee the development of UCCD websites in line with each center’s needs, ensuring effective maintenance and regular updates
· Oversee 12 UCCDs online career management systems and websites
· Carry additional duties as assigned by the supervisor
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MCIT, or any other equivalent
- Minimum ten years of experience, including a minimum of four years in system administration and data management
- Have a strong understanding of databases, information systems and data analysis techniques
- Technologically savvy and has excellent troubleshooting skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to details
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Good command of English and Arabic.
- Good computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
The position is open until October 20, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Senior Business Analyst, University of Alberta, Canada, 5 days ago
This position is a 3 month secondment (with the possibility of extension) and is restricted to internal candidates or applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past ...
Executive Director, Arizona State University, United States, about 10 hours ago
64217BR Campus: Tempe Exec Director Job Description Under administrative direction, performs work with broad management and strategic responsibilities of considerable difficulty and sensitivity in...
Assistant Director Career Management, Arizona State University, United States, about 10 hours ago
64186BR Campus: Tempe Asst Dir Career Services Job Description Career Management and Employer Engagement at the W. P. Carey School of Business is seeking an Assistant Director of Career Management...
Chief Standards Officer (Ga4 Gh), European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), United Kingdom, about 23 hours ago
The European">https://www.ebi.ac.uk/">European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI) is a worldwide leader in bioinformatics. We make the world’s public biological data freely available to the scie...
Market Manager Of Digital Companies And New Technologies For The Construction Sector, TECNALIA Research & Innovation, Spain, 12 days ago
In the Building Technologies Division, we have a vacancy in the market team, in charge of transferring technology and knowledge to clients in the Digital Companies and New Technologies for the Con...
Modular Robotics Startup Mechatronic Engineer , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 22 hours ago
24.11.2020, Wissenschaftliches Personal Join a well-financed early-stage startup revolutionising robotics and automation as the first full-time employee. You will be responsible for mechatronics, ...