Purpose: Senior Tax manager position is to lead and manage multiple operations of the university tax practice area and to deliver quality tax services, that will increase our university reputation. AUC Tax manager will serve as business advisor to our management board aiming at maximizing engagement and achieving qualitative outcomes and serving our community.
- Deliver a full range of tax services in compliance with U.S and Egyptian laws and regulations within timeframe
- Build relationships and interact with all governmental authorities to provide excellent planning to handle all AUC Tax issues as per Egyptian taxation law, as well U.S regulatory and tax agencies
- Provide innovative tax planning and review complex income tax returns, V.A.T tax issues, salaries tax issues, Real-estate tax claims, and fiscal stamps or event related tax issues
- Identify and mitigate tax risks
- Manage tax provision and tax compliance process
- Improve processes by developing or implementing best practices
- Manage and coordinate tax audits
- Maintain tax balances on general ledger and financial ERP system
- Prepare all tax papers in regular basis and handle all information
- Full understanding of the educational industry various tax implications
- Able to work with various management levels at AUC showing ability to answer different inquires received from management regarding U.S and Egypt tax issues
- Knowledge of tax laws and follow on new tax laws issues having their right side of tax laws and minimize their tax costs on AUC
- Keeping good relationship with tax authorities complying to local and U.S tax laws
- Having the technical knowledge that enable AUC to manage its tax filings on time
- Need to demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas
- Be familiar with the tax consulting process and the professionalism necessary for the effective diagnosis, solution, development and implementation of AUC tax needs
- Concentrate efforts on a variety of international compliance, research, consulting and planning issues
- Advise on U.S and Egypt tax implications of AUC operations
- Draft and assist in the delivery of proposals for Tax authorities and knowledgeable about the various taxes filing deadlines
- Provide leadership in timely and quality delivery of tax services
- Assume responsibility for tax budgeting, provisions, management and scheduling
- Develop and pursue creative strategies for tax matters using the latest technologies
- Oversee complex tax research projects for AUC tax issues and making tax analysis for a variety types of taxes considering any deferred tax liability or tax implications
- Knows the industry nature of AUC and how the its business works and keeps up-to-date on industry activities, marketplace trends and leading practices
- Prepares and manages work plans to ensure efficient and timely completion of work
- Identifies and solves problems objectively using analysis, experience and judgment
- Demonstrates and applies knowledge of current tax legislation, proposed / pending legislation, their implications, and understands interaction across the Global Tax and Legal function, specifically with their area of expertise
- Uses appropriate research techniques and analytical skills to enable fact-based decision making
- Demonstrates subject matter specialty and ability to share knowledge in one or more services lines within the Global Tax and Legal function
- Uses common technology tools to improve work efficiency, effectiveness, and various departments service. Demonstrates knowledge of service line or market specific technology solutions and stays current on emerging technologies, standards and applications, in order to address current / potential business opportunities
Minimum Education Requirement:
- University degree in finance, accounting or in a related field
- Experience required for this position should be more than five years
- Strong experience with Egyptian taxation regulations and practices
- Strong analytical, time management, problem solving and collaborative skills
- Ability to multi-task on competing and deadline sensitive priorities
- Ability to work independently and self- motivated
- Exceptional customer service/vendor management experience
- High level of commitment and work integrity
- Expertise in Excel and financial modeling and/or risk systems
- Proficient with financial software systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy, sense of ethics, analytical thinking, critical thinking and decision making.
The position is open until November 30, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Half Time Academic Position As Professor In The Field Of Tax Law, With A Specific Focus On Small..., Université de Liège (ULiège), Belgium, 10 days ago
A half-time position is open in the field of Tax law, with a specific focus on small and medium-sized companies and taxation of the non-profit sector, at the Law School of the University of Liege....
Payroll Manager, Adler University, United States, about 4 hours ago
Description Adler University is currently seeking a Payroll Manager. Under the general direction of the VP, People & Culture, the Payroll Manager oversees and manages system and payroll processing...
Half Time Academic Position As Professor In The Field Of Tax Law, With A Specific Focus On Large..., Université de Liège (ULiège), Belgium, 10 days ago
A half-time position is open in the field of Tax law, with a specific focus on large companies, at the Law School of the University of Liege. The Law School aims to recruit one candidate for the p...
Staff Accountant Temp To Hire, Adler University, United States, about 4 hours ago
Description Under the general guidance of the AVP, of Finance the Staff Accountant performs various accounting and finance functions, coordinates accounts payable, reconciliations, banking, grants...
Payroll Coordinator, Beloit College, United States, about 4 hours ago
The Human Resources Office is responsible for developing and implementing programs and services to meet the human resource needs, the fringe benefit needs, and the payroll needs of the College. Th...
Vacancy For Academic Staff Tax Law, University of Leuven, Belgium, 9 days ago
An official website of the European UnionAn official EU websiteHow do you know? All official European Union website addresses are in the europa.eu domain. See all EU institutions and bodies Cookie...