Reports to:Director, Center for Applied Research and Environment Sustainability (CARES)
Purpose:The job holder manages and supervises different research projects which take into account project planning, design, implementation and result publication. He/She will supervise all the agriculture and aquaculture related experiments, prepare technical reports and necessary data for publications. He/she will oversee the team members collecting data, ensure quality control of the data, analyze it and prepare academic publications. Also, overseeing all the agriculture-related proposals including designing research experiments and training activities.
- Oversee and manage the daily operations and implementation of CARES agriculture research plan
- Manage agriculture research team including fellows, technicians, engineers and irrigation manager to perform different research experiments mainly in agriculture and aquaculture
- Responsible for the planning and execution of experiments in close collaboration with the senior technical manager
- Design and implement training programs on running experiments or usage of research facilities
- Acts as the central point of contact for technical lab-related questions of our faculty and students
- Manage national and international funded projects including all financial, technical and administrative managerial tasks
- Collaborate and provide assistance to other researchers on different research projects to produce high-quality research publications
- Supervise the processes of planning, design, implement and accomplish research projects
- Oversee the collection of data, ensure its quality, analyze it and prepare publications
- Supervise the MSc and PhD research students who carry out agriculture and aquaculture experiments
- Regular reporting to the director (CARES) on project/research progress, timeline and any related issues
- Supervise and oversee other research projects as assigned by the director
- Conduct regular visits to research sites to ensure research quality control
- Perform any other tasks as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement(s): Master degree in a sustainability-related field with significant training in research application in aquaculture and linkage between water, energy and agriculture.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience, with at least three of them preferably in research and development
- Significant experience with data collection techniques and familiarity with data analysis software such as SPSS and Excel
- Experience in agriculture research projects with overlap with aquaculture research
- Project management skills, the ability to plan tasks for team members, monitor progress and make updates
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Able to work as a team with good teamwork skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong coordination and communication skills especially in research-related activities
- Ability to work in big projects and interact with senior faculty and staff
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Highly collaborative and productive with the ability to coordinate project tasks independently and follow tied time-plans
This position is open until January 5, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, send an updated and detailed resume to [email protected], stating “Senior Manager, Agriculture -Center for Applied Research and Environment Sustainability” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Head Of Laboratory, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University accepts applications for the open international competition in 2018 for grants funding scientific research supervised by leading scientists in...
ProFessor Or AsSistAnt / AsSoCiAte ProFessor, AgRiCulTural EcoNomIcs, University of Helsinki, Belgium, 4 days ago
The University of Helsinki is the largest university in Finland, which seeks solutions for global challenges and creates new ways of thinking for the best of humanity. We are one of the best mult...
Project Manager/Researcher For The Ntnu Applied Underwater Robotics Laboratory, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
About the position We have a vacancy for a Project Manager for the NTNU Applied Underwater Robotics Laboratory at the Department of Marine Technology . Are you our new project manager? We are exp...
ProFessor Or AsSistAnt / AsSoCiAte ProFessor, AgRiCulTural EnToMoLogy, University of Helsinki, Belgium, 4 days ago
The University of Helsinki is the largest university in Finland, which seeks solutions for global challenges and creates new ways of thinking for the best of humanity. We are one of the best multi...
Radiation Labeling Core Lab Safety Lead, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, 3 days ago
Position Summary The individual oversees the KAUST Radiation Labeling Core Laboratory (RLCL) which hosts all experiments involving radioactive materials at KAUST. Major responsibilities include la...
Researcher In Aquatic Animal Health, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 16 days ago
Applications are invited for a position as researcher in aquatic animal health. The researcher will join the Unit for Fish and Shellfish Diseases of DTU Aqua in Kgs. Lyngby. The Unit is embedded i...