Reports to: General Counsel and Compliance Officer
- Responsible for the management of numerous and varied legal matters and will provide timely and effective advice and counsel to various University units and personnel
- Conduct legal research and providing legal opinions in respect of various aspects of the Egyptian laws
- Represent the University before governmental bodies, agencies and committees
- Draft, negotiate and review University contracts, including but not limited to, procurement, information technology, service agreements etc.
- Conduct internal investigations, handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts
- Monitor recent changes in applicable laws, regulations and decrees and advises on changes and anticipated changes, which may have an impact on the University’s business and operations
- Liaise with external counsels with respect to existing and potential legal disputes involving the University and issues/updates periodical reports, regarding the status of all litigation matters
- Overview the filing system for efficiency and accuracy to facilitate the update and retrieval of files
- Perform other related duties as assigned by direct supervisor
Minimum Education Requirement(s):
- Bachelor degree in law
- Registered at the Egyptian Bar Association
- A minimum of six years of experience in the general legal field
- Good knowledge and practice in the general legal field
- Efficiency in drafting and reviewing legal documents (Arabic/English)
- Extensive knowledge of Egyptian labor law and other employment-related laws
- Analytic approach to legal and contractual matters
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Very good command of English and Arabic, written and spoken
- Ability to analyze facts, evidence, and legal instruments
- Ability to determine issues in various cases
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Mediation or Alternative Dispute Resolution skills is a plus
This position is open until December 19, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “50017551 Senior Lawyer “in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Library Specialist I, Cataloging, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
Job Description Performs subject cataloging of Arabic and foreign materials on all subjects and formats, using LCSH, LC classification, and Qaimat Rus al-Mawduat al-Araabiyah. Performs descriptive...
Outreach Coordinator, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
Job Description This position serves as a member of the Dean’s Office team at the College of Medicine and Health Sciences. He/She will provide professional translation services in both Arabic and ...
Associate Professor/Professor, Arabic Language And Literature, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
Job Description The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is searching for a faculty member with a strong capacity in Arabic Language and Literatu...
Academic Affairs Policy Manager, University of Maryland University College, United States, about 5 hours ago
Academic Affairs Policy Manager Accreditation, Compliance, and Reporting Unit Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 3.3 University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is seeking an Academic Affairs P...
Faculty Member, Criminal Law, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
Job Description The United Arab Emirates University invites applications for a faculty position. Qualified candidates at all levels will be considered at a rank commensurate with academic accompli...
Associate Senior Lecturer In Health Law (# Of Pos: 1), Lund University, Sweden, 29 days ago
Lund University is a full-scale and research-intensive university, and the only Swedish university to be part of the strong international networks League of European Research Universities (LERU) a...