Reports to: Associate Chair
Purpose: The job holder is responsible for supervising the assigned labs, providing the necessary support for faculty, researchers, teaching assistants, graduate/undergraduate students and external customers. Supervise the installation, operation and maintenance of lab equipment, assist in procurement, market surveys and the collection and negotiation of price quotations. Sets up and manage the equipment operation schedule, organize workflow and ensure lab safety.
- Assists in managing maintenance operations
- Inventory and placement operations for equipment and devices for the department
- Assists in maintaining petty cash expenses and reimbursement for different invoices for technical material
- Supervises the smooth operations of the assigned labs
- Supervises the cleanliness of the lab workplace, equipment and tools
- Ensures assigned labs’ readiness for any technical task within its predetermined mission
- Procures consumables/simple supplies from local market vendors and performs any required market survey
- Contacts the vendors to get price quotations for any required items and conduct negotiation to reach the best quotation
- Maintains an updated inventory of all lab items (equipment, devices, tools, consumables.)
- Assists in setting, conducting and explaining experiments in the assigned labs and supports faculty, teaching assistants and students
- Assists the faculty members in the development of lab manuals and procedures
- Facilitates the projects/research endeavors of the undergraduate/ graduate students, in their thesis as well as researchers and professor’s in their research activities/grants and engineering services
- Keeps awareness and reporting of new/required developments in his supervised equipment/machines
- Ensures safe and clean work environment within the assigned labs and its premises in coordination with the AUC “Health and Safety” department
- Applies the safety regulations/precautions, safety work practices and immediately report any safety violation incident/condition or potential hazards
- Monitors first aid kits, fire-fighting equipment and safety gears in coordination with the AUC “clinic” and “Health and Safety” department
- Assists in research, grants and engineering services by working on research assignments. As running simulation experiments, optimization models and data analysis
- Perform any other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement :
University degree in computer science engineering
Seven years in a relevant experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to provide technical guidance and training to end users
- Knowledge of supplies and equipment ordering and inventory control
- Ability to enforce laboratory safety
- Strong Time management, planning, interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong working experience of Windows, Microsoft office
The position is open until April 15, 2021
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Coordinator Smart Optics, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 2 days ago
We are looking for an energetic, motivated, result-driven, practical and team player to be our team member at DCSC. The coordinator for smart optics and opto-mechatronics is an exciting and challe...
Laboratory Safety Specialist, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
ORGANIZATION NAME Khalifa University ABOUT UNIVERSITY Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The Univ...
Research And Education Engineer Within The Sensor Engineering Group Of The Faculty Of Science And Engineering At Maastricht University (1.0 Fte, 12 Months With An Option On A Permanent Contract), Maastricht University (UM), Netherlands, 7 days ago
Research within the Sensor Engineering research group of Maastricht University is focused on developing innovative sensor technologies for implementation in diverse fields ranging from medical dia...
Stem Laboratory Manager And Laboratory Safety Compliance Officer, Massbay Community College, United States, 25 days ago
The ideal candidate will join a vibrant and inclusive educational community, and have a desire and ability to work with a diverse population. Key Responsibilities and Duties: Supervises part-time ...
Safety Officer (Lexglimos) For The Cms Experiment (Ep Cmx Sci 2021 89 Ld), CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research, Switzerland, 19 days ago
Introduction Are you a self-motivated engineer or applied physicist with experience in safety of large scientific installations, including aspects related to fire safety, electrical distribution (...
Adjunct Faculty, Online Course, Syse 505 System Safety And Certification, College Of Aeronautics, Worldwide Campus, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, United States, 7 days ago
Job Description Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's Worldwide campus is currently hiring adjunct faculty to teach SYSE 505 - System Safety and Certification. Course Description Concepts, princi...