Reports to: Associate Chair
Purpose: The job holder is responsible for providing technical assistance to our faculty, students, staff, and external customers in issues including but not limited to programming, innovation, experimentation of new technology, hardware installations. The job holder will also be supervising assigned labs, including but not limited to supervising the installation, operation and maintenance of lab equipment, assisting in procurement, market surveys and the collection and negotiation of price quotations. Sets up and manages the equipment operation schedule, organize workflow and ensures lab safety.
- Assists in setting, conducting and explaining experiments in the assigned labs and supports faculty, teaching assistants and students
- Assists the faculty members in the development of lab manuals and procedures
- Facilitates the projects/research endeavors of the undergraduate/ graduate students, in their thesis as well as researchers and professor’s in their research activities/grants and engineering services
- Supervises the smooth operations of the assigned labs
- Responsible for the inventory and placement operations for equipment and devices for the department
- Assists in maintaining petty cash expenses and reimbursement for different invoices for technical material
- Ensures assigned labs’ readiness for any technical task within its predetermined mission
- Procures consumables/simple supplies from local market vendors and performs any required market survey
- Contacts the vendors to get price quotations for any required items and conducts negotiation to reach the best quotation
- Maintains an updated inventory of all lab items (equipment, devices, tools, consumables)
- Ensures safe and clean work environment within the assigned labs and its premises in coordination with the AUC “Health and Safety” department
- Applies the safety regulations/precautions, safety work practices and immediately report any safety violation incident/condition or potential hazards
- Monitors first aid kits, fire-fighting equipment and safety gears in coordination with the AUC “clinic” and “Health and Safety” department
- Assists in Research, Grants and Engineering Services by working on research assignments; such as running simulation experiments, optimization models and data analysis
- Perform any other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement :
- University degree in computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering
- Five-seven of experience years in a relevant experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to provide technical guidance and training to end users
- Ability to enforce laboratory safety
- Strong Time management, planning, interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Windows, Unix and macOS administration
- Strong programing skills in C/C++. Other languages also preferred
- Familiarity with design and analysis of algorithms is a plus
- Embedded S/W and H/W development experience is a plus
- Familiarity with the ACM ICPC contest training is a plus
- Teaching experience is a plus
The position is open until December 26, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Assistant Researcher W/ Tenure Track, Life and Health Sciences Research Institute (ICVS), UM, Portugal, 27 days ago
ICVS is looking for Researchers for two positions as Assistant Researcher w/ Tenure Track The Life and Health Sciences Research Institute (ICVS) is recruiting for two positions as assistant resear...
Laboratory Engineer, Chemical Engineering, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 22 hours ago
ORGANIZATION NAME College of Engineering ABOUT UNIVERSITY Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). T...
Ceitec But Core Facility Scientist Specialist For Photolithography, Brno University of Technology, Central European Institute of Technology, Czech, 26 days ago
The director of the CEITEC Brno University of Technology is opening a position of a Core Facility Scientist - Specialist for Photolithography The CEITEC Nano Research Infrastructure at the Brno Un...
Core Facility Scientist – Specialist For Photolithography, CEITEC BUT, Czech, 18 days ago
The director of the CEITEC Brno University of Technology is opening a position of aCore Facility Scientist - Specialist for Photolithography The CEITEC Nano Research Infrastructure at the Brno ...
Associate Student Life Officer, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, 7 days ago
Are you a calm self-motivated fast learner who is passionate about student well-being, welfare and safety? Do you get excited by promoting a culture of inclusion in which all of our students are a...
Ceitec But Core Facility Scientist Nanofabrication Process Specialist, Brno University of Technology, Central European Institute of Technology, Czech, 26 days ago
The director of the CEITEC Brno University of Technology is opening a position of a Core Facility Scientist - Nanofabrication Process Specialist The CEITEC Nano Research Infrastructure at the Brno...