Position: Senior Lab Engineer II, Electronics and Communications Engineering
Reports to: Technical Operations Manager
Purpose: A senior Lab engineer will be responsible for the operation and the maintenance of all electronics equipment in the electronics and communications engineering laboratories and offices. The senior Lab engineer will also be responsible for setting up labs and assisting students with projects.
- Manages the operation and the maintenance of computers, printers, photocopiers, scanners, sophisticated measurement equipment (oscilloscope - power supply – multimeter - signal generator - spectrum analyzer – Logic analyzer), Kits and development boards
- Manages the operation and the maintenance of Linux and Windows Servers that run many different software licenses files such as Cadence, Mentor tools, and Xilinx
- Prepares labs for appropriate courses
- Assists students with the technical problems in labs
- Assists students with the technical aspects of courses projects including senior projects
- Installs and maintains different electronics software packages (mentor graphics- cadence, windows, windows server)
- Assists students on how to use many electronics software packages
- Assists in preparations for the Department of Electronics and Communications Engineering technical events
- Ensures safe and clean work environment within the assigned labs and its premises in coordination with the AUC “Health and Safety” department
- Applies the safety regulations/precautions, safety work practices and immediately reports any safety violation incident/condition or potential hazards
- Perform any other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement :
- BSc in electronics and communications engineering or related degree
- At least five years of previous experience including two years in related fields
- Very good command of English (spoken and written)
- Ability to handle various electrical and electronic tools and equipment
- Very good admin-type knowledge of Linux server (Red hat), Windows and Internet servers
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management and planning skills.
- Can perform under pressure and within a team
The position is open until November 1, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Core Facility Scientist – Specialist For Photolithography, CEITEC BUT, Czech, 26 days ago
The director of the CEITEC Brno University of Technology is opening a position of aCore Facility Scientist - Specialist for Photolithography The CEITEC Nano Research Infrastructure at the Brno ...
Research Laboratory Coordinator, University of Alberta, Canada, about 10 hours ago
This competition is open to all applicants however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority considerat...
Works Supervisor Technician (Tte Programme), CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research, Switzerland, about 16 hours ago
Are you a technician looking for a challenging professional experience to further your career? If so, joining CERN’s TTE programme may very well give you that challenge. The Site and Civil Engine...
Animal Health Technician, McGill University, Canada, about 10 hours ago
Position Summary: Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, performs animal health related duties and technical procedures related to care and use of animals. Prepares animals and assists i...
Plumbing Shop Foreman, University of Alberta, Canada, about 10 hours ago
This competition is restricted to internal candidates or applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months. This position offers a comprehensive benefits pack...
Lab Technician Mass Spectrometry And Proteomics, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 25 days ago
Department: Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences The Centre for Proteomics (CFP) is a core facility at the University of Antwerp that brings together expertise and equipment in the area of chro...