Position: Senior Lab Engineer II, Electronics and Communications Engineering
Reports to: Technical Operations Manager
Purpose: A senior Lab engineer will be responsible for the operation and the maintenance of all electronics equipment in the electronics and communications engineering laboratories and offices. The senior Lab engineer will also be responsible for setting up labs and assisting students with projects.
- Manages the operation and the maintenance of computers, printers, photocopiers, scanners, sophisticated measurement equipment (oscilloscope - power supply – multimeter - signal generator - spectrum analyzer – Logic analyzer), Kits and development boards
- Manages the operation and the maintenance of Linux and Windows Servers that run many different software licenses files such as Cadence, Mentor tools, and Xilinx
- Prepares labs for appropriate courses
- Assists students with the technical problems in labs
- Assists students with the technical aspects of courses projects including senior projects
- Installs and maintains different electronics software packages (mentor graphics- cadence, windows, windows server)
- Assists students on how to use many electronics software packages
- Assists in preparations for the Department of Electronics and Communications Engineering technical events
- Ensures safe and clean work environment within the assigned labs and its premises in coordination with the AUC “Health and Safety” department
- Applies the safety regulations/precautions, safety work practices and immediately reports any safety violation incident/condition or potential hazards
- Perform any other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement :
- BSc in electronics and communications engineering or related degree
- At least five years of previous experience including two years in related fields
- Very good command of English (spoken and written)
- Ability to handle various electrical and electronic tools and equipment
- Very good admin-type knowledge of Linux server (Red hat), Windows and Internet servers
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management and planning skills.
- Can perform under pressure and within a team
The position is open until November 1, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Senior/Principal Software Engineer, National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 4 hours ago
Senior/Principal Software Engineer - 00CHK Description A Software Engineer is required in the National Cybersecurity R&D Lab (NCL) in infrastructure and administration, especially in storage, serv...
Laboratory Technologist Dean's Office / Research Facility, National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 5 hours ago
Laboratory Technologist - Dean's Office / Research Facility - 00DYA Description Provide operational support to ensure the smooth and safe operation of Central Research Facilities (CRF) under Yong ...
Laboratory Technologist, National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 4 hours ago
Laboratory Technologist - 00DSB Description Antenna prototype, and test jig mechanical design Fabricating and assembling antenna prototypes Conduct antenna measurement, collecting and pre-processi...
Operation Specialist, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Job Description The Operation Specialist will be responsible for planning, designing and delivering specialized workshops and activities and operating UAEU SIP Innovation Hub. Conducting innovatio...
Process Operator In Cryogenic Test Facility (Tte Programme), CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research, Switzerland, 16 days ago
Are you an enthusiastic technician looking for a challenging professional experience to further your career? If so, joining CERN’s TTE programme may very well give you that challenge. Come and jo...
Research And Education Assistant In Material Engineering And Mechatronics, University of Groningen, Netherlands, 1 day ago
The research group Discrete Technology & Production Automation (DTPA) has a vacancy for a Research and Education assistant who will support both the teaching and research activities in the DTPA re...