Position: Senior Lab Engineer II, Electronics and Communications Engineering
Reports to: Technical Operations Manager
Purpose: A senior Lab engineer will be responsible for the operation and the maintenance of all electronics equipment in the electronics and communications engineering laboratories and offices. The senior Lab engineer will also be responsible for setting up labs and assisting students with projects.
- Manages the operation and the maintenance of computers, printers, photocopiers, scanners, sophisticated measurement equipment (oscilloscope - power supply – multimeter - signal generator - spectrum analyzer – Logic analyzer), Kits and development boards
- Manages the operation and the maintenance of Linux and Windows Servers that run many different software licenses files such as Cadence, Mentor tools, and Xilinx
- Prepares labs for appropriate courses
- Assists students with the technical problems in labs
- Assists students with the technical aspects of courses projects including senior projects
- Installs and maintains different electronics software packages (mentor graphics- cadence, windows, windows server)
- Assists students on how to use many electronics software packages
- Assists in preparations for the Department of Electronics and Communications Engineering technical events
- Ensures safe and clean work environment within the assigned labs and its premises in coordination with the AUC “Health and Safety” department
- Applies the safety regulations/precautions, safety work practices and immediately reports any safety violation incident/condition or potential hazards
- Perform any other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement :
- BSc in electronics and communications engineering or related degree
- At least five years of previous experience including two years in related fields
- Very good command of English (spoken and written)
- Ability to handle various electrical and electronic tools and equipment
- Very good admin-type knowledge of Linux server (Red hat), Windows and Internet servers
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management and planning skills.
- Can perform under pressure and within a team
The position is open until November 30, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Studio Technician, College Of Arts And Creative Enterprises, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
Description The Opportunity The College of Arts and Creative Enterprises seeks an incumbent for the position of Studio Technician, who is responsible for the provision of technical support to facu...
Process Operator In Cryogenic Test Facility (Tte Programme), CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research, Switzerland, 14 days ago
Are you an enthusiastic technician looking for a challenging professional experience to further your career? If so, joining CERN’s TTE programme may very well give you that challenge. Come and jo...
Laboratory Technician, College Of Technological Innovation, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
The Opportunity The College of Technological Innovation seeks an incumbent for the position of Laboratory Technician to operate and support heterogeneous computer laboratories and provide on-site ...
Program Aide, Texas A&M University, United States, 4 days ago
Job Title Program Aide Agency Texas A&M University Department International Ocean Discovery Program Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location , Job Type Temporary/Casual Staff (Fixed Term)...
Scientific Instrument Maintenance Expert, Fondazione Human Technopole, Italy, 18 days ago
*APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 10 Jan. 2021* HT is looking for a Scientific Instrument Maintenance Expert to join our Campus Development and Facility Management team. The role, reporting to the Team L...
Senior Systems Engineer It Operations Linux Specialist Niwa, NIWA, New Zealand, about 5 hours ago
We are seeking an experienced Senior Linux Systems Engineer with containerisation, cloud and automation skills to join our IT Operations Team in Wellington. You will be joining a highly skilled te...