Purpose: The senior HR business partner for supporting functions will act as the interface between the areas of supporting functions and the Human Resources Office with the support of the senior director, HR business partner. The incumbent will provide high quality business support to the area heads in alignment with the University’s HR strategies, policies, processes and procedures.
- Maintain and update the organizational structure of all departments within the designated area
- Update and review all job descriptions for assigned departments within the designated area to validate and ensure the consistency as per HR job description quality standards
- Maintain monthly headcount reports, recruitment needs, resignations report to support the annual manpower planning, costing and budgeting exercise for the designated area to be able to sign off the actual business need
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the recruitment process in terms of the sourcing, tracking applications interviewing, shortlists and offer letters for the assigned departments within the designated area, to ensure that recruitment targets are being met and stakeholder’s satisfaction met
- Follow up on training plans, gather and consolidate personal development plans (PDP) and discuss training assessments plans with senior director, HR business partner to include in the overall learning and development plans and ensure that people capability team are aligned with designated area training needs
- Follow up on the hiring and resignation process of candidates with the HR operations team in terms of employment contracts, on/off boarding hiring/resignation papers, medical check-ups, date of hiring/resignation to ensure that all staff related services are provided on a timely basis and with the highest of HR policies, procedures and standards
- Coordinate and implement job grading results, reward plans and compensation programs in alignment with the HR total rewards team and under the HR policies and procedures
- Implement HR policies and procedures and maintain effective liaison with centre of excellence and HR operations/ employee shared service centre to ensure the correct interpretation and application/compliance of HR policies and procedures. This includes providing inputs and feedback to administrative directors in relevant departments on areas of further improvement
- Supervise the compilation of annual performance evaluation results in order to establish performance ratings and recommendations for adjustments, promotions and training needs by the respective administrative director
- Ensure that all staff related services are provided on a timely basis and with the highest of standards including on/off boarding
- Follow up and align with senior director, people capability on the operational cycle of the annual performance appraisal system in assigned departments, consolidate end of year data, keep track of rating sheets and results to ensure that the performance management system timeline and process of evaluation is adhered to all levels as per HR policies and procedures
- Support senior director, HR business partner with periodic progress reports on all operational work including status of projects in pipeline, recruitment, learning and development plans, compensation, staff affairs analysis reports, updates on statues of latest projects deliverables, to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the department performance andhigh-quality service delivery
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Master’s degree is a plus
- Professional qualification in Human Resources is a must
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a multi-cultural environment with particular emphasis on Human Resources practices and applications.
- Experience in an academic setting is an asset.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, organizational, analytical, human resource management, and communication skills necessary
- Strong business knowledge and judgment, connecting human resources practices with units’ objectives and needs
- Proven ability to provide advice and counsel across a complex environment
- Strong commitment to providing excellent service, strong judgment and ability to be flexible in a constantly changing environment, high standards for accuracy and attention to detail, and sensitivity to confidential information
- Demonstrated commitment to building and sustaining relationships at all levels of the organization
- Effective team player
The position is open until March 9, 2021
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Chief People Officer – Flexible Work Location, American Bird Conservancy, United States, 22 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyAmerican Bird ConservancyLocationFlexibleJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalaryDOELast Date to Apply03/31/202...
Managing Director, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, about 3 hours ago
Because of retirement of the current director of the department a job vacancy will arise for a Managing Director The Managing Director is a member of the departmental board, a strong sparring part...
Industry Liaison Manager, Centre For Genomic Regulation, Spain, 24 days ago
The Institute The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. T...
Organizational Excellence Senior Specialist, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
ORGANIZATION NAME Khalifa University ABOUT UNIVERSITY Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The U...
Project Implementation Manager, Deakin University, Australia, 17 days ago
Apply now Job no:509725 Work type:Full-time Location:Flexible Categories:Administration, Human / People Services, Information Technology Located at either our Melbourne Burwood Campus or Geelong W...
Academic Affairs Admin (Nu), McGill University, Canada, 16 days ago
Position summary The Faculty of Medicine has aligned its financial and human resources activities into Administrative Excellence Centres (AECs). The mission of the AECs is to raise the bar of exce...