Purpose: The senior director for Advancement Strategic Engagement Initiatives leads the development and implementation of key strategic initiatives that foster the integration and cohesiveness of the advancement operations’ messages, support the fundraising goals, and enhance the campaign priorities. The job incumbent develops strategies for internal and external stakeholder engagement to maximize opportunities for collaboration and institutional support. The position reports to the AVP for advancement and employability and works closely with various constituents on campus.
- Lead the creation, implementation and direction of strategic engagement initiatives that enhance and support fundraising efforts and campaign priorities
- Develop and execute a multi-year engagement strategy to build corporate engagement in advancement events and activities that yield long term partnerships and grow corporate support opportunities
- Engage in writing proposals for various institutional funding priorities and liaise with relevant stakeholders for acquiring required program and financial information
- Design high level engagement programs to support major gift officers in enhancing the cultivation strategies of major prospects
- Identify relevant social communities and design engagement strategies targeting these populations
- Develop and ensure the implementation of a well-coordinated internal and external communications strategy – in alignment with the heads of the advancement and employability offices, that ensures cohesive messages to and engagement of key stakeholders including donors, employers, alumni in various countries, taking into consideration cultural differences
- Review the performance of the advancement and employability offices’ social media and websites, checking website analytics and continually evaluating ways to improve content, search engine optimization, and design to maximize reach and engagement of target audience
- Develop a theme approach and ensure a consistent look and feel across donor communications
- Develop and ensure implementation of an internal social media strategy for advancement offices to drive awareness and donor engagement, coaching colleagues on effective digital content creation
- Liaise with the information management unit to track email engagement and develop strategies to re-engage target constituents
Campaign and Project Communications Management
- Design and implement a launch campaign for giving societies using various strategies, including digital marketing channels
- Develop and implement a pre-major campaign strategy to inform and educate stakeholders on AUC funding priorities through key messaging and storytelling in collaboration with the stewardship team
- Create strategies related to setting and achieving campaign goals in collaboration with the VP and AVP for advancement and executive director for development
- Conduct research and track trends in philanthropy and alumni engagement in the region, recommending initiatives that provide opportunities for collaboration among various stakeholders
- Provide internal guidance on Email strategy, content, layout, and directions to improve results
- Support the Annual Fund team in their direct marketing solicitation efforts for AUC’s Annual Fund
- Assess the need for developing programs or campaign marketing material including brochures and posters, and implement in coordination with the communications department or external agency as relevant
- Work closely with the office of marketing and communications in implementing relevant initiatives and ensure abiding by AUC’s communications policies and branding guidelines
- Ensure that the advancement policies and procedures are well publicized among relevant constituents
- Build collaborative relationships on campus and coordinate with academic and administrative departments as needed
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by the associate vice president
Minimum Education Requirement:
- A Bachelor’s degree in mass communications or marketing is preferred
- At least ten years of previous experience, including a minimum of five years in non-profit organizations – preferably in educational institutions, in Egypt and/or other countries is required
- Experience in leading projects with multi-stakeholder involvement
- Responsible and accountable to deliver on commitments
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and networking skills
- Ability to build collaborative relationships and work professionally with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Proven advanced report and proposal writing ability
- Good understanding of effective donor-centered communications elements (writing, storytelling and messaging) and how digital content can best engage donors
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and implement strategic plans
- Prior experience in promoting programs or managing special initiatives
- Demonstrated experience in working with social media channels and email marketing
- Well organized with attention to detail
- Capacity to follow-through on projects, with clearly defined deadlines and ability to move projects forward to completion
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strategic thinker with innovative and creative thinking approach
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently and effectively under pressure
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgment based on data and information
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic skills that cater to a diverse range of audiences is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Working knowledge of InDesign
The position is open until March 11, 2021
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Development Analyst & Stewardship Coordinator – Location Negotiable, Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever, United States, 22 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyPheasants Forever & Quail ForeverLocationNegotiableJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalaryCommensurate with Ex...
Assistant Director, Development, Temple University, United States, 5 days ago
Assistant Director, Development - (21000609) Description The College of Public Health seeks a versatile development professional to join its Development and Constituent Relations team. The Assista...
Development Coordinator, Annual Giving, Washington State University, Worldwide, about 6 hours ago
Title: 1181-NN - Development Coordinator Business Title: Development Coordinator, Annual Giving Location: Employee Type: Admin. Professional Job Family: Administrative Professional - Not OT Eligib...
Executive, Marketing, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, United States, about 1 hour ago
Job Description Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU) is America’s largest, fully accredited university that specializes in aviation and aerospace. Our Asia office in Singapore is looking f...
Associate Vice President, Marketing, University of Alberta, Canada, about 15 hours ago
Reporting to the Vice President, External Relations, the Associate Vice President (AVP), Marketing provides strong and consistent leadership to the University’s reputation and profile through purp...
Director Of Foundation Relations (Job Id #143977), University of Illinois, United States, about 15 hours ago
The University of Illinois Chicago (UIC) invites applicants for the position of Director of Foundation Relations. This position helps secure support from foundations for activities across the UIC ...