Reports to: Chief of Party
Purpose: The job holder will be responsible for coordinating The American University in Cairo (AUC) technical activities related to the Center of Excellence (COE) for Water research components. He/she will manage the day-to-day research technical activities in close cooperation with the Egyptian and United States partners. In addition, support the lead scientist in all activities related to research grants and all associated events, publications and activities (component 3).
- Develop necessary technical reports related to COE research component
- Prepare documents necessary for the research project committees
- Participate in the preparation for research related meetings, events and workshops
- Prepare documents necessary for the implementation of the research activities
- Assist in the implementation of the research committee decisions
- Contribute in writing and preparation of publications
- Coordinate all research technical-related activities within the AUC scope of work
- Communicate with local and international partners
- Organize the AUC activities to develop the national water research agenda and roadmap
- Coordinate AUC technical activities related to the annual water symposium
- Contribute to the preparation of the research calls for proposals as well as other activities necessary for the successful use of the research grants
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in water, management or related areas
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience, including 3 years in managing and coordinating research related activities
- Strong coordination skills necessary to ensure successful preparation and implementation of research projects and activities
- Ability to write high quality English reports and technical water materials
- Strong coordination and communication skills especially in research-related activities
- Ability to work in big projects and interact with senior faculty and staff
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Highly collaborative and productive with the ability to coordinate project tasks independently and follow tied time-plans
- Demonstrate excellent judgment and effectiveness in problem-solving
This position is open until January 23, 2023
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
"The American University in Cairo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply."
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Eng D Position Pre Treatment Of Tile Drainage Water For Subsurface Water Storage And Re Use In The Dutch Coastal Delta, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 3 hours ago
Develop water management solutions to enable climate-proof agriculture! Would you like to extend your knowledge, practical work experience and get an Engineering Doctorate degree (EngD) in the wat...
Director Of Research Communications, Arizona Water Innovation Initiative, Arizona State University, United States, 7 days ago
89628BR Campus: Tempe Dir Research Communications Job Description Arizona State University’s Julie Ann Wrigley Global Futures Laboratory is currently seeking a Director of Research Communications ...
Professor/Associate Professor/Lecturer In Building Construction And Integrated Design , ;, Egypt, about 3 hours ago
The German University in Cairo- GUC (Cairo Campus ) Department of Building Technology. The German University in Cairo invites applications for the following vacancies to be filled at the beginning...
Professor In Aquaculture Recirculation Technology , ; UCL, Denmark, about 11 hours ago
DTU invites applications for a position as Professor in Aquaculture Recirculation Technology. The professorship is affiliated with the National Institute of Aquatic Resources (DTU Aqua), Section f...
Professor In Aquaculture Recirculation Technology Dtu Aqua, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 7 hours ago
DTU invites applications for a position as professor in Aquaculture recirculation technology. The professorship is affiliated with the National Institute of Aquatic Resources (DTU Aqua),Section fo...
Scientific Staff Eight Full Time Scientific Staff Positions Within A New Priority Research Field Called "Shallow Water Processes And Their Importance For The Baltic Sea", Leibniz, Germany, about 9 hours ago
The Leibniz Institute for Baltic Sea Research Warnemünde (IOW) is offering Eight full time Scientific staff positions within a new priority research field called "Shallow water processes and their...