Reports to: Associate Director, School of Business Communication and Marketing
Purpose: The school website is considered the first interface with the school’s prospective students and candidates for different masters and executive education programs, hence, it is considered a main marketing tool that could be effectively used to drive more students, faculty, and donors to support the school.
The job holder is responsible for developing the voice for all aspects of the school’s communication material and digital presence. He/she will be creating and maintaining content in all communication channels as well as sharing content to raise brand awareness. The job holder’s main responsibility will be to create and maintain up to date website content. He/she is also responsible for all written content pertaining to the school including school brochures, media press release, school profile in membership websites, stories and announcements of achievements and activities. Also developed international visibility plan and ensure that content of an international nature as well as school achievements are shared with relevant international member organizations. In addition, responsible for managing the school’s presence on Social Media. In this respect the candidate works closely with social media agency on articulating content plan, developing content as well as attracting and interacting with targeted virtual communities and networks users. The goal is to gradually achieve superior customer engagement and interaction, and drive traffic to the School of Business website and create awareness on the school’s different programs, activities and achievements. The job holder is also tasked with training and supervising social and digital media interns who are integral for developing and expanding social media presence, live coverage of events as well as content development. Last but not least, responsible for proofing and reviewing content and insure school communication material is in line with School strategy as well as University editorial and branding guidelines
- Maintain the School of Business website, create and publish engaging content while optimizing content in accordance with Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Map website content, identifying required updates and developing timeline for content development, deployment and retirement
- Develop content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing targets of the school
- Manage online marketing and outreach campaigns and work with a cross-departmental team to maintain and develop the website content and marketing message
- Collaborate with University’s communication office and University Academic Computing Technologies Offices on planning and developing site content, style and layout
- Design and develop content for School online newsletter/deans’ end of term message
Marketing and Communication Material
- Handling coordination of school marketing material and publications such as brochures, flyers and so on between school stakeholders, The American University in Cairo’s (AUC) communication office and AUC Print shop
- Ensure that school strategy is supported and advised effectively to maintain coherence in all promotional material
- Ensure that AUC general branding and editorial guidelines are applied on all school publications
- Designing and updating school presentation
- Coordinating development of school videos
- Archiving school photos and videos
- Work with social media agency to manage and maintain school social media accounts
- Developing social media strategy
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content
- Responding and engaging with stakeholders on the different social media platforms
- Train and supervise communications office of social and digital media intern
Minimum Education Requirement :
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, mass communication, business or marketing
- A minimum of 3 years of related previous experience
- Previous experience in content management is a plus
- Excellent command of the English language
- Moderate knowledge of business, finance and economics
- Strong oral and written communication skills are of the highest priority, writing sample relevant to the job is required with the application.
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Office and WordPress
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to work with groups and organizations, both internal and external to the University
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, commitment to the highest standards of customer service and professionalism and ability to work independently and as a member of a dynamic cross-functional team
- Able to handle a heavy work load and work under pressure.
This position is open until February 16, 2023
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
"The American University in Cairo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply."
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Content Creator (0,8 Fte) At The Marketing & Communications Office Of The School Of Business And Economics (Maternity Cover), Maastricht University (UM), Netherlands, about 11 hours ago
Looking for an exciting communications job with lots of creativity and autonomy? At the School of Business and Economics, we are in search of a Content Creator who will help boost our engagement w...
International Pr & Branding (Prb) Manager , ;, China, 1 day ago
Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University – International Business School Report to: The Deputy Dean of IBSS Roles & Responsibilities: Research, develop and implement international strategies and plan...
International Pr & Branding (Prb) Manager, XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU), United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Position information: Department/Office: IBSS Job title: International PR & Branding (PRB) Manager Number of vacancy: 1 Salary grade: Competitive Report to: The Deputy Dean of IBSS Application Dea...
Marketing And Communications Coordinator, Arizona State University, United States, 27 days ago
89000BR Campus: Tempe Marketing Coordinator Job Description The Design School in the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts seeks a highly-motivated Marketing and Communications Coordinator. ...
Copy Writer, Arizona State University, United States, 25 days ago
89159BR Campus: Tempe Copy Writer Job Description The Marketing and Communications Copy Writer researches, writes, and edits the creation of editorial articles and publications, and other print an...
Coordinator I (Communications Coordinator), Harvard University, United States, 5 days ago
23-Mar-2023 Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health 61810BR Job Summary The Planetary Health Alliance (PHA) is the leading organization at the forefront of Planetary Health, a dynamic and rapidl...