Reports to: Lead Buyer
Purpose: Procures equipment, supplies and services for assigned area and in accordance with university guidelines; reviews requisitions and bid specifications and negotiates purchase agreements or supply contracts; determines vendor sources, product needs and availability. Responsible of AUC project procurement process, including planning, tendering, selecting, contract writing, monitoring, and closing/completing. The position requires a high degree of maturity, being conscientious and ethical to ensure control and proper expenditure of university funds.
- Responsible for the purchase and acquisition of university project’s needs, as well as the regularly required goods and services for campus maintenance purpose
- Achieve cost savings and maintain quality performance
- Participate in developing and implementing the University procurement policies and procedures.
- Responsible of the University projects procurement process, from defining the clients’ needs, until project successful completion and closure, by coordinating with all internal and external involved parties
- Participate in developing and implementing the project management module
- Initiate, draft, negotiate and administer the purchase orders and contracts related to the purchasing process
- Perform critical purchasing functions related to the implementation, development, management and administration of the automated SAP system related to the procurement process
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability and sources
- Monitor management for daily improvement and work for root cause elimination
- Review procurement requisitions and orders against the requisitioned budget to ensure availability of funds and oversee the types and sources of funds, object codes and their relationship to the required goods and services, determine method to process requisitions based on cost, time constraints, existing open contracts and/or competitive bidding
- Assist in the budget process, the encumbrance management and related functions, whenever needed
- Reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions and contracts, and ensures they are in accordance with relevant laws, policies and requirements
- Ensure adherence to the procurement policies and implement effectively to purchasing procedures
- Maintain and keep approved and qualified vendors lists, records and files; update them by contacting vendors to get the latest information; and circulate them periodically for interested persons and departments
- Invite, review, check and compare quotations on bid terms, delivery dates and prices with the suppliers according to the agreed upon evaluation matrix
- Survey the various markets, studying trends; and remain advised on new developments and products
- Responsible of the projects timelines updates, actual versus planned, share it regularly with all involved parties
- Lead vendor selection and negotiation processes, which requires frequent visits to local markets, around two to three times weekly; price check is a must as needed
- Meets with sales representatives to develop new vendor sources, updates record and secures demos for departments
- Take part in writing request for proposals (RFPs), requests for quotes (RFQ) and formal bids
- Assist in evaluating competitive offerings to determine the overall best offer for a product/service and the appropriate methods of procurement; conduct negotiation with potential suppliers to obtain agreement on pricing, delivery and other terms
- Prepare reports, investigate complaints and secure adjustments, ensure standard compliance with legal requirements and make recommendations as to commodities which can be economically purchased on a contract basis
- Reviews, analyzes and recommends solutions to complicated purchasing problems and transactions
- Speed up the clients’ problems resolution time, by working closely with the concerned party/ies to professionally resolve all problems
- Maintain tracking report to measure the problem resolution lead time
- Build and maintain highly professional relationships with the internal clients by ensuring that all the received requests were fulfilled on time
- Assist in the process of resolving problems (both internal and external) in a fair and ethical manner while protecting the long-term interests of the University; resolve quality and payment problems with vendors
- Review product specifications, performance and payment terms, and/or acceptance criteria
- Participate in the preparation of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
- Review and evaluate specifications for issuing and awarding bids
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received; route, follow-up and expedite orders; ensure that materials are delivered to user departments on time and in good condition
- Develop effective relationship with suppliers and other internal departments, respond effectively to inquiries and engender trust from the University community
- Assist in maintaining, developing and enhancing the vendors’ end-of-year evaluation process
- Coordinates with internal and external customers to identify needs and refine specifications
- Comply with the AUC internal business policies and procedures
- Ensure a proper filing system of all local/International purchasing related documentation, as well as the related reports. May be responsible for preparing, overseeing and providing documents for audit purposes
- Plan, direct and coordinate the activities of other junior team member(s), as requested
- Ensure obtaining any required external approval (in addition to the SAP release) of the received departments purchase requisitions
- Keep the internal clients updated with their requests statuses whenever needed
- Communicate updated orders statuses with the departments, by sending the purchase requisitions statuses updates on weekly basis or whenever needed
- Obtain internal clients satisfaction feedbacks, on the purchase requisitions that were closed successfully
- Maintain, develop and enhance all type of reports to ensure keeping updated records of all the purchase requisitions and its related purchase orders whenever requested internally or externally
- Maintain all operation control reports on monthly basis, to reflect the performance of different buying units in support of the set goals, objectives and time frame
- Ensure keeping all set KPIs results updated with all related information sources and calculations
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
· SCM certification(s) will be an asset.
- Eight years of experience, in which five of them are in depth in buying from local/international market in the back-office supplies and services
- Project procurement management experience is an asset
- Experience in a corporate environment is an asset
- High knowledge of the local/International market, covering goods and services
- Strong negotiation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, working under stress and problem solving
- Must have a demonstrated passion for excellent customer service and commitment to exceptional quality
- Good knowledge of supply chain management best practices
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- High organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detailed oriented with high numerical skills
- Computer literacy, professional user of E.R.P, knowledge of SAP is an advantage
- Good knowledge of business and financial issues
- High capability to manage multitasks simultaneously.
The position is open until March 4, 2021
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Public Tender Officer, Centre For Genomic Regulation, Spain, 22 days ago
The Institute The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. T...
Supply Consultant, University of Alberta, Canada, about 15 hours ago
This competition is an internal expression of interest opportunity as part of the Service Excellence Transformation initiative and is restricted to NASA salaried university employees (Regular and ...
Vacuum Technician (Bakeout) (Te Vsc Bvo 2021 28 Ld), CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research, Switzerland, 20 days ago
Introduction With a total of 130 km of vacuum vessel, CERN operates one of the largest vacuum systems in the world. Are you interested in studying and designing new components for this unique infr...
Digital Solutions Procurement Specialist, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, about 12 hours ago
« Back to Jobs Digital Solutions Procurement Specialist Location: Kelburn Type: Permanent Post Date: Tue Mar 23 22:28:24 2021 Ref: 1064 Permanent, part-time opportunity, based at Kelburn campus Ar...
Administrative Staff, INCLIVA Biomedical Research Institute, Spain, 19 days ago
The Regional Authority, Council of Innovation, Universities, Science and Digital Society announces different types of scholarships and grants for the promotion of scientific research and technolog...
Payment Clerk, University of Alberta, Canada, 19 days ago
This competition is an internal expression of interest opportunity as part of the Service Excellence Transformation initiative and is restricted to salaried university employees (NASA Regular and ...