Reports to: Director of Content
Purpose: The senior advancement and communications writer is responsible for researching, interviewing and writing stories and content for all digital and print materials produced by the advancement and communications office. Under the guidance of the director of content, the jobholder works to investigate, find and produce stories and articles that bring to life the University’s key messages and positioning. The job holder is also responsible for the production of select newsletters and publications. As part of the editorial team, the jobholder works to bring the faces, ideas and programs of AUC to the audiences it serves from alumni, donors, students, faculty and staff to website visitors and members of the public.
- Produce stories and feature articles for the University’s main publications and website, including News@AUC, AUCToday, the President’s Report, as well as alumni and donor publications
- Seek out stories that reflect the main messages of the University and its positioning
- Edit University-produced publications to ensure compliance with AUC’s Editorial Style Guide
- Provide writing assistance and editorial contribution for publications and digital content
- Adopt best practices and search engine optimization skills to enhance the ease of access for digital content
- Oversee production of electronic newsletters and select print publications, including story selection, compilation, and testing
- Assist in the regular update of AUC’s Editorial Style Guide, including online tags and keyword rules
- Assist, as needed, with the editorial review, web approvals and copyediting provided through the creative services unit in the office of advancement and communications
- Perform other related duties as requested by the direct supervisor
Requirements: BA in journalism, communications or related field is required.
Experience: Minimum of five years of previous experience with three years of professional experience in writing, editing, journalism, and communications.
- Excellent English writing and editing skills, complete command of principles of grammar and usage
- Advanced interview, research, and writing, editing skills
- Extensive knowledge and full command of English usage, style, and grammar
- Experience with writing and editing print and online publications
- Interview and reporting skills
- Accuracy in reporting and attention to detail
- Knowledge of editorial style guidelines
- Ability to work in a team
- Commitment to delivery and deadlines
- Computer knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively with members of the AUC community
This position is open until June 17, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “Senior Advancement Communications Writer” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Communications Specialist, Sustainability, Arizona State University, United States, 1 day ago
58309BR Campus: Tempe Communications Specialist Job Description Are you a talented writer who would like to inspire a more sustainable society? ASU Knowledge Enterprise is seeking a Communications...
Head Of Studies, Social Science, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands, 24 days ago
Job / Project Description As the Head of Studies Social Sciences you will be responsible for: Assuring AUC’s mission of “Excellence and Diversity in a Global City” is realised for each individual ...
Senior Marketing Copywriter, Arizona State University, United States, 1 day ago
58343BR Campus: Tempe Marketing Content Specialist Job Description The senior marketing copywriter is audience-centric, using words like secret weapons to cut through the clutter and get noticed. ...
Communications Specialist, University of Detroit Mercy, United States, about 22 hours ago
(1) Print Publications: The largest print publications are the alumni magazine and admissions viewbook, for which the Communications Specialist will develop themes and article topics in collaborat...
Communications Manager, Gente Consortium, Drexel University, United States, about 3 hours ago
Communications Manager, GENTE Consortium Apply now Job no: 494305 Work type: Full-Time Location: University City Categories: College of Arts & Sciences, Drexel University, Professional Staff About...
Web Content Writer, Drexel University, United States, about 2 hours ago
Web Content Writer Apply now Job no: 494255 Work type: Full-Time Location: Center City Categories: College of Medicine, Drexel University, Professional Staff About Drexel Drexel is a comprehensive...