Reports to: Director of Content
Purpose: The senior advancement and communications writer is responsible for researching, interviewing and writing stories and content for all digital and print materials produced by the advancement and communications office. Under the guidance of the director of content, the jobholder works to investigate, find and produce stories and articles that bring to life the University’s key messages and positioning. The job holder is also responsible for the production of select newsletters and publications. As part of the editorial team, the jobholder works to bring the faces, ideas and programs of AUC to the audiences it serves from alumni, donors, students, faculty and staff to website visitors and members of the public.
- Produce stories and feature articles for the University’s main publications and website, including News@AUC, AUCToday, the President’s Report, as well as alumni and donor publications
- Seek out stories that reflect the main messages of the University and its positioning
- Edit University-produced publications to ensure compliance with AUC’s Editorial Style Guide
- Provide writing assistance and editorial contribution for publications and digital content
- Adopt best practices and search engine optimization skills to enhance the ease of access for digital content
- Oversee production of electronic newsletters and select print publications, including story selection, compilation, and testing
- Assist in the regular update of AUC’s Editorial Style Guide, including online tags and keyword rules
- Assist, as needed, with the editorial review, web approvals and copyediting provided through the creative services unit in the office of advancement and communications
- Perform other related duties as requested by the direct supervisor
Requirements: BA in journalism, communications or related field is required.
Experience: Minimum of five years of previous experience with three years of professional experience in writing, editing, journalism, and communications.
- Excellent English writing and editing skills, complete command of principles of grammar and usage
- Advanced interview, research, and writing, editing skills
- Extensive knowledge and full command of English usage, style, and grammar
- Experience with writing and editing print and online publications
- Interview and reporting skills
- Accuracy in reporting and attention to detail
- Knowledge of editorial style guidelines
- Ability to work in a team
- Commitment to delivery and deadlines
- Computer knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively with members of the AUC community
This position is open until June 17, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “Senior Advancement Communications Writer” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Content Writer And Publishing Editor, University of Alberta, Canada, 12 days ago
Reporting to the Director, Communications and Marketing (DCM), the Content Writer and Publishing Editor (CWPE) is responsible for implementing elements of the strategic communications plan within ...
Copyeditor, University of Toronto, Canada, 22 days ago
Copyeditor Partnership: The Canadian Journal of Library & Information Practice & Research Partnership is accepting applications for 1 Copyeditor position. This is a volunteer position for a 2-year...
Advancement Writer, Wesleyan University, United States, about 4 hours ago
Position Information Position Information Job Posting Number S00745 Position Title Advancement Writer Department Campaign-1188 Job Category Staff Posting Position Type Full-Time Position Details T...
Director Of Public Relations, Media And Communication, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
Vacancy Available: One Division: Public Relations, Media and Communication Job Family: Administration Type of Contract: FTE 1.0 Hours of Work: 40 Hours/Week (Norm...
Head Of Publishing, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU), a member of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science, and Community Development (QF), was founded in 2010 to continue fulfilling QF’s vision of unlocking human ...
Strategic Communication For The Innovation And The Enhancement Of The Fashion System, università degli studi della campania, Italy, 11 days ago
The objective of the research is the evaluation and the proposal of strategic actions, the organization of visual communication for fashion, for the enhancement of the Fashion System in local terr...