Reports to: Director of Content
Purpose: The senior advancement and communications writer is responsible for researching, interviewing and writing stories and content for all digital and print materials produced by the advancement and communications office. Under the guidance of the director of content, the jobholder works to investigate, find and produce stories and articles that bring to life the University’s key messages and positioning. The job holder is also responsible for the production of select newsletters and publications. As part of the editorial team, the jobholder works to bring the faces, ideas and programs of AUC to the audiences it serves from alumni, donors, students, faculty and staff to website visitors and members of the public.
- Produce stories and feature articles for the University’s main publications and website, including News@AUC, AUCToday, the President’s Report, as well as alumni and donor publications
- Seek out stories that reflect the main messages of the University and its positioning
- Edit University-produced publications to ensure compliance with AUC’s Editorial Style Guide
- Provide writing assistance and editorial contribution for publications and digital content
- Adopt best practices and search engine optimization skills to enhance the ease of access for digital content
- Oversee production of electronic newsletters and select print publications, including story selection, compilation, and testing
- Assist in the regular update of AUC’s Editorial Style Guide, including online tags and keyword rules
- Assist, as needed, with the editorial review, web approvals and copyediting provided through the creative services unit in the office of advancement and communications
- Perform other related duties as requested by the direct supervisor
Requirements: BA in journalism, communications or related field is required.
Experience: Minimum of five years of previous experience with three years of professional experience in writing, editing, journalism, and communications.
- Excellent English writing and editing skills, complete command of principles of grammar and usage
- Advanced interview, research, and writing, editing skills
- Extensive knowledge and full command of English usage, style, and grammar
- Experience with writing and editing print and online publications
- Interview and reporting skills
- Accuracy in reporting and attention to detail
- Knowledge of editorial style guidelines
- Ability to work in a team
- Commitment to delivery and deadlines
- Computer knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively with members of the AUC community
This position is open until June 17, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “Senior Advancement Communications Writer” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Marketing And Communications Associate, University of Alberta, Canada, 19 days ago
This temporary position, covering a maternity leave, has an expected end date of August 31, 2020 and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits. Put y...
Content Creator (Videographer/Photographer), Virginia Tech, United States, about 9 hours ago
Position Information Position Information Working Title: Content Creator (Videographer/Photographer) Role Title: Media Specialist III Posting Number: SW0190480 About Virginia Tech: Virginia Tech i...
Creative Manager, Adler University, United States, about 13 hours ago
Description Adler University is seeking an experienced Creative Manager to design and produce print and digital materials that support the University’s strategic marketing goals. The ideal candida...
Administrative Officer, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, about 5 hours ago
Amsterdam University College (AUC) is a joint institute of the University of Amsterdam and the Vrije Universiteit. AUC is looking for an Administrative Officer to join its professional support st...
Instruction/Reference Librarian, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
The Opportunities The Library and Learning Commons is looking for an incumbent to teach information literacy classes across all academic disciplines, provide reference guidance to faculty, student...
Scientific Communications Editor, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 18 hours ago
Position Description: Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes ...