Reports to: Program Coordinator, Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Fellowship Program (TLG)
Purpose:The Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Fellowship Program (TLG) is a 5-year project for a total of 19 graduate international students. Each student will be working on a pre-approved thesis research project in one of the four disciplines of education, economics, migration and refugee studies, and nanotechnology. The job holder provides administrative support and secretarial work for the TLG Program and serves as a primary point of the operational and administrative contact for internal and external constituencies.
- Provide administrative support including managing the schedule/calendar of the program coordinator, making travel arrangements, handling telephone communications, drafting documents, memoranda and reports, greeting and directing visitors and students, and dealing with program-related administrative problems and inquiries as necessary
- Maintain a record of students’ activities within the scope of the program
- Maintain a record of students’ attendance of required events and workshops
- Follow up on students’ residency status with the Office of Business Support
- Assist in data collection for reporting needs
- Assist in the preparation of program-related reports
- Coordinates with graduate program administrative assistants program students’ registration and academic progress
- Coordinate administrative logistics including ordering and setting up catering, car reservation, promotional space reservations and hall reservations
- Perform standard office procedures, draft correspondences, data entry, scanning, photocopying correspondence, proposals and reports
- Arrange for professional travel and conference registration for team members
- Create and maintain the filing system
- Maintain office inventory
- Responsible for ordering office supplies and monitor inventory levels of those supplies
- Order print material needed
- Prepares graduate students’ degree evaluations, and academic records as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Coordinate activities with different AUC offices
- Support office program needs
Minimum Education Requirement(s): Bachelor degree is required.
Experience: Three to five years of experience in a relevant field.
- Ability to maintain high confidentiality, operate individually and as a member of a team
- Strong secretarial and administrative skills
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Good command of English, written/spoken. Fluent in Arabic
- Good communication/interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills/ detailed oriented
- Good aptitude for technology
- Ability to design reports and other communication materials
- Skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SAP and Banner is an asset
This position is open until December 12, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “Senior Administrative Assistant, TLG, Office of the Dean of Graduate Studies” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Graduate Registrar, Graduate Studies Deanship, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 28 days ago
Description The Opportunity As a key member of the graduate enrollment management services team, the incumbent is responsible to effectively manage all administrative and operational functions of ...
Associate Professor/Professor, Arabic Language And Literature, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 6 hours ago
Job Description The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is searching for a faculty member with a strong capacity in Arabic Language and Literatu...
Expert, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
Job Description The United Arab Emirates University is seeking an expert to develop, modify, and manage oversees all Endowment funds including Permanent, Managed, Supporting Foundation and Donor A...
Assistant Manager, Graduate Studies (School Of Computing), National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 1 hour ago
Assistant Manager, Graduate Studies (School of Computing) - 00D9K Description About the role The successful candidate will be part of the Graduate Studies’ administration team, looking after the a...
Instructor, Department Of Media And Creative Industries, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 25 days ago
Job Description The United Arab Emirates University invites applications for an instructor position in the Department of Media and Creative Industries. The position posted is for a full-time Instr...
Executive/Senior Executive, M Sc Programmes Office, National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 1 hour ago
Executive/Senior Executive, MSc Programmes Office - 00D8N Description To support core functions in MSc degree programmes’ student life activities and administration. Student Life and Student Club ...