Reports to: Dean of Libraries and Learning Technologies
Purpose: The job holder manages and executes administrative, project, and executive support activities associated with the office of a core division or equivalent component of the University. He/she will be reporting directly to the dean of Libraries and Learning Technologies, serves as the principal point of administrative contact and liaison with internal and external constituencies.
- Oversees and administers the day-to-day activities of the office; develops policies and procedures, which ensure productive and efficient office operation
- Provides assistance and support to the dean in problem solving, project planning and management
- Performs research and analysis on specific issues, as required, and independently prepares non-routine letters and/or reports, which may be highly sensitive and confidential in nature
- Prepares and communicates meeting agendas, and participates in meetings for taking minutes
- Organizes a filing system for important and confidential documents
- Creates, maintains and updates LLT administrative related databases and forms
- Presents a monthly status report to the Dean on activities and other procedures to maintain the office on track
- Manages and organizes the dean's calendar
- Supervises the work of employee in supporting roles, including assigning workload and monitoring employee performance
- Coordinates with library units and functions on library initiatives’ and projects as directed by the Dean; and creates and updates a detailed database for the dean’s review
- Serves as the primary point of administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, and institutions on operational and programmatic matters concerning the office, as per the dean’s directions
- Provides and/or oversees provision of staff support to the office, to include handling walk-up and phone interactions
- Provides assistance in the understanding and interpretation of University policies and procedures, as appropriate, and ensures that office operations are in compliance with policy provisions and standards
- Assists in the coordination, supervision, and completion of special projects, as appropriate
- Contributes to organizing LIT's social and business events
- Manages request forms for mail services, car reservations, printing projects, and catering/ hospitality requests on ASTRA system
- Maintains and orders office supplies for the library on SAP
- Deals and operates with different university systems including imputing and retrieval of information
- Develops a faculty personnel action calendar needed for annual reviews, appointments, reappointments, faculty multi-year contract renewal reviews, etc.
- Collects and enters staff leave requests in SAP leave system and generates monthly/annual reports
- Processes invoices and reimbursement payments, work study program, and per diem allowance
- Manages the purchasing full cycle from creating purchase requests for LLT units on SAP to delivery
- Creates/ updates vendor number for local suppliers, International suppliers and AUC Staff
- Processes grants per diem and travel expenses- follow up with Provost Office, controller’s office and Travel office for any inquiries
- Prepares LLT end of Fiscal year accrual sheet
- Works closely with the director, LLT Administration and Operations to ensure all financial transactions are remitted in a timely manner
- Manages all travel expenses throughout the fiscal year. Processes travel authorizations for conferences, and hotel reservations on the travel online system and on SAP for the dean and faculty
- Reserves cars and buses for library extended hour purpose and various trips for the dean
- Performs any other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a similar position, familiarity with state-of-the-art personnel, operational and financial systems preferred
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
● Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
● Records maintenance skills
● Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information
● Ability to analyze and solve problems
● Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects
● Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
● Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
● Ability to lead and train staff and/or students
● Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
● Knowledge of office management principles and procedures
● Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues
● Skills in the use of database management, word processing, spreadsheet, and/or presentation software
● Organizing and coordinating skills
● Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
● Knowledge of general accounting principles
● Knowledge of human resources administration principles and practices
● Effective verbal and written communication skills
● Knowledge of administrative policies and procedures as applied to public academic institutions
- Demonstrate initiative in upgrading skills with professional development opportunities
This position is open until the June 11th, 2023
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
"The American University in Cairo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply."
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Strategic Advisor To The Dean, Harvard University, United States, 28 days ago
28-Aug-2023 Harvard Radcliffe Institute 63632BR Job Summary The Strategic Advisor to the Dean, a member of the Institute’s senior leadership team, advises the dean of the Harvard Radcliffe Institu...
Faculty Coordinator, Harvard University, United States, about 3 hours ago
25-Sep-2023 Faculty of Arts and Sciences 63567BR Job Summary The Division of Social Science seeks an organized, proactive, and experienced administrator to coordinate and oversee all direct academ...
Development Assistant Specialist, Office Of The Associate Vice President And Dean Of Development, Faculty Of Arts And Sciences, Harvard University, United States, 5 days ago
18-Sep-2023 Alumni Affairs and Development 63695BR Job Summary Alumni Affairs and Development is a dedicated team supporting Harvard’s advancement activity through front-line fundraising, alumni a...
Assistant Dean Faculty Affairs , Columbia University, United States, 1 day ago
Job Type: Officer of Administration Regular/Temporary: Regular Hours Per Week: 35 Building: Avery Hall Salary Range: $85,000 - $119,000 The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be se...
Staff Assistant, Harvard University, United States, 7 days ago
15-Sep-2023 Faculty of Arts and Sciences 63672BR Job Summary Reporting to the Manager of Staffing and Training, the Harvard College Staff Assistant III supports a variety of complex administrative...
Research Operations Manager In The Office Of The Vice Dean For Research , Columbia University, United States, 12 days ago
Job Type: Officer of Administration Regular/Temporary: Regular Hours Per Week: 35 Salary Range: $70,000 - $85,000 The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety o...