Reports to:AVP for Advancement
Purpose: The job holder is responsible for a variety of support and managing activities for the AUC advancement team. He/she will provide budget and administrative support for the AUC advancement team including, preparing and administering multiyear budget(s), managing invoices, contracts for campaigns, donor/prospect visits and events and other advancement events; manage advancement unit administrative affairs and resource needs, liaising with various AUC offices and using AUC systems for planning, travel, SAP, Salesforce, etc. Also, provide a variety of support functions including contractor payments.
- Responsible for the VP and AVP calendar management as in setting, organizing and scheduling appointments and meetings
- Handle administrative requests and queries from VP and AVP
- Responsible for all the events planning; staff meetings, alumni events, donors’ events and AUC event by handling the preparations needed including:
- Hall reservations
- Room set up
- Ordering the needed stuff such as flowers, tablecloth, catering, etc. either from inside or outside AUC
- Manage cheques and cash collection processes
- Develop and maintain an efficient filing system by keeping foundations for individuals and schools’ files
- Responsible for following AUC policies in preparing office budgets
- Handle expenses for all the budgets and post on the SAP
- Coordinate budget transfers between the different lines within the same budget and between different budgets and track expenses
- Prepare monthly report to the vice president of advancement on the expenses and balances
- Prepare monthly report to the vice president of advancement on the travel expenses
- Responsible for the petty cash of the area (EGP 4000)
- Responsible for settling all the daily invoices
- Handle travel arrangements of the fundraising trips for the vice president for advancement, AVP for advancement and fundraisers
- Handle travel arrangements for some AUC community members who accompany the fundraisers; i.e. deans, professors and alumni
- Responsible for the travel arrangements for all other Advancement staff members for alumni gathering or conferences. Travel arrangements include flight reservation through the new online travel system, request entry visa, prepare and settle per-diem, and request HR letters for the entry visa
- Request and settle advances for the fundraiser trips
- Responsible for the maintenance of the area’s equipment
- Reserve cars, vans, buses and golf carts for the entire department
- Act as a liaison between the staff and the carpool department concerning their problems as drivers’ bad attitude, drivers’ late arrivals and cars which are not presentable
- Responsible for gathering the Advancement of staff vacations, in addition to managing the whole Advancement calendar
- Receive the department mailings and follow up with the mailing company to check that shipments are received by AUC alumni, donors, trustees in addition to answering messenger’s inquiries about shipments address and phone number
- Coordinate interviews during advancement search processes
- Act as a liaison between the department and the facilities department as well as the IT department to handle the entire department requests
- Contact the University Academic Computing Technologies department to handle the entire department requests for buying new software
- Inform the security with visitors from outside AUC
- Acquire new corporate lines for staff members' mobiles or data line for I-Pads
- Fill in print job order requests online for printed materials or business cards
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement(s):
- Bachelor degree is required
- Nine to twelve years of experience in an administrative position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of people
- Commitment to the highest standards of customer service and professionalism
- An understanding of basic finance concepts and money management
- Ability to adjust to fluctuating priorities and produce a reliable work product
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Database management experience
This position is open until November 25, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “Senior Administrative Assistant”in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."
Visiting Astronomer Travel Coordinator / Administrative Assistant, European Organisation for Astronomical Research in the Southern Hemisphere, Germany, 27 days ago
The European Organisation for Astronomical Research in the Southern Hemisphere (ESO) is the foremost intergovernmental astronomy organisation in Europe and the world’s most productive ground-based...
Director Of Communications And Special Projects, Brown University, United States, 1 day ago
Job Description: The Director of Communications and Special Projects is principally responsible for external communications and the management and advancement of strategic planning and project dev...
Administrative Assistant Ii, Georgia Gwinnett College, United States, about 24 hours ago
Skip to main content Applicant Clearinghouse Search form Search this site Main menu Search Open Positions Online Registration Form Institutional Access Staff You are here Home Administrative Assis...
Repayment Counselor , UNC System Office, United States, about 9 hours ago
Classification Title: Administrative Support Specialist - Journey Working Title: Repayment Counselor Campus: UNC System Office Region: Piedmont/Triangle Job Summary: The North Carolina State Educ...
Pre Award Research Advancement Manager, Arizona State University, United States, about 19 hours ago
61251BR Campus: Downtown Phoenix Research Advancement Manager Job Description The College of Health Solutions is seeking a positive and enthusiastic Research Advancement Manager. The manager will...
People Advisor, Coventry University, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
Full Time, Permanent Location: London Based with travel to other UK locations Exciting times to join Coventry University. This rewarding, exciting, challenging and evolving multi-site role invol...