Reports to:Assistant to Dean
Purpose:Provides a wide variety of administrative and program support and secretarial work for the Office of the Dean of Graduate Studies. Serves as the primary point of the operational and administrative contact for internal and external constituencies.
- Provides administrative support including managing the schedule/calendar of the dean, making travel arrangements, screening and handling telephone communications, drafting documents, memoranda and reports, greeting and directing visitors and students, and dealing with administrative problems and inquiries as necessary
- Manages the requests for access to the dean of graduate studies
- Supports the graduate recruitment team for the graduate student orientation and Graduate Studies Open House events (twice per year), by conducting all space reservations, transportation arrangements for open house attendees, and is responsible for CTMS and security arrangements
- Coordinates administrative logistics for ordering and setting up catering, car reservation, and space reservations for all the dean of graduate studies office’s events
- Coordinates administrative logistics for receiving external visitors to the dean of graduate studies, including campus access, security clearance, reception at the gates and internal transportation
- Responsible for office inventory, for preparing of IT equipment assessment, as well as for filing system and for the database for the external contacts of the office
- Provides administrative support to the assistant dean of graduate studies
- Prepares graduate students’ degree evaluations, and academic records as needed, in support of readmission requests, extension of study period requests and petitions to the dean of graduate studies
- Prepares support letters for graduate students and teaching assistants.
- Supports the assistant dean in reviewing graduate student support grant applications including verification of conference details and registration fees, verification of host details for study abroad applications and the determination of travel and visa costs in coordination with the travel office
- Assists in drafting the graduate student support grants award letters, reflecting the details of individual awards
- Reviews the graduate student support grant reports from all the technical and financial aspects, contacts students and follows up with them for clarifications and for completing any missing documents/information. This is in preparation for the final assessment of the completed reports by the assistant dean for approval
- Contacts graduate students for purposes of graduate student support grant applications and reports, readmission requests, extension of study period requests, as well as requests for support letters
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement:
- A minimum of five years of experience preferably within an institution of higher education
- Strong secretarial and administrative skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Organizing and coordinating skills
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong language skills (oral and written) in Arabic and English
- Committed to deadlines and well organized
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- With a good sense of initiative
- With an ability to think independently and creatively
- Banner knowledge is an asset
The position is open until February 29, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted.
If interested, follow the link below and apply:
Senior Administrative Affairs Assistant in Graduate Studies
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."
Graduate Registrar, Graduate Studies Deanship, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 21 days ago
Description The Opportunity As a key member of the graduate enrollment management services team, the incumbent is responsible to effectively manage all administrative and operational functions of ...
Dean For Academic Equity, Inclusion, And Success, Wesleyan University, United States, about 3 hours ago
Position Information Job Posting Number S00806 Position Title Dean for Academic Equity, Inclusion, and Success Department Office of Equity and Inclusion-1153 Job Category Staff Posting Position Ty...
Assistant Dean For Clinical Affairs, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 18 days ago
Organization Name Khalifa University - College Medicine and Health Science About University The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute ofScien...
Head Of Student Development & Wellbeing , Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland - RCSI ;, Ireland, 5 days ago
Reporting to: Associate Director for Academic Affairs Location: Dublin Please note that interviews for shortlisted applicants will be held on Wednesday 26th August RCSI As a University of Medicine...
Student Support Officer, Student Affairs Deanship, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Description The Opportunity The Student Affairs Deanship Department seeks an incumbent for the position of Student Support Officer to provide administrative and logistical support to the Office of...
Director Of Research Development & Advancement, Arizona State University, United States, 4 days ago
61537BR Campus: Tempe Director Job Description Under some administrative direction, the Director of Research Development and Advancement will design and grow the yet-to-be-established Research Dev...