Reports to:Assistant to Dean
Purpose:Provides a wide variety of administrative and program support and secretarial work for the Office of the Dean of Graduate Studies. Serves as the primary point of the operational and administrative contact for internal and external constituencies.
- Provides administrative support including managing the schedule/calendar of the dean, making travel arrangements, screening and handling telephone communications, drafting documents, memoranda and reports, greeting and directing visitors and students, and dealing with administrative problems and inquiries as necessary
- Manages the requests for access to the dean of graduate studies
- Supports the graduate recruitment team for the graduate student orientation and Graduate Studies Open House events (twice per year), by conducting all space reservations, transportation arrangements for open house attendees, and is responsible for CTMS and security arrangements
- Coordinates administrative logistics for ordering and setting up catering, car reservation, and space reservations for all the dean of graduate studies office’s events
- Coordinates administrative logistics for receiving external visitors to the dean of graduate studies, including campus access, security clearance, reception at the gates and internal transportation
- Responsible for office inventory, for preparing of IT equipment assessment, as well as for filing system and for the database for the external contacts of the office
- Provides administrative support to the assistant dean of graduate studies
- Prepares graduate students’ degree evaluations, and academic records as needed, in support of readmission requests, extension of study period requests and petitions to the dean of graduate studies
- Prepares support letters for graduate students and teaching assistants.
- Supports the assistant dean in reviewing graduate student support grant applications including verification of conference details and registration fees, verification of host details for study abroad applications and the determination of travel and visa costs in coordination with the travel office
- Assists in drafting the graduate student support grants award letters, reflecting the details of individual awards
- Reviews the graduate student support grant reports from all the technical and financial aspects, contacts students and follows up with them for clarifications and for completing any missing documents/information. This is in preparation for the final assessment of the completed reports by the assistant dean for approval
- Contacts graduate students for purposes of graduate student support grant applications and reports, readmission requests, extension of study period requests, as well as requests for support letters
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement:
- A minimum of five years of experience preferably within an institution of higher education
- Strong secretarial and administrative skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Organizing and coordinating skills
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong language skills (oral and written) in Arabic and English
- Committed to deadlines and well organized
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- With a good sense of initiative
- With an ability to think independently and creatively
- Banner knowledge is an asset
The position is open until February 29, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted.
If interested, follow the link below and apply:
Senior Administrative Affairs Assistant in Graduate Studies
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."
Manager / Senior Manager (Marcoms Student Outreach), National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 6 hours ago
Manager / Senior Manager (MARCOMS-Student Outreach) - 00CGJ Description To drive the School's branding and outreach strategies for its undergraduate, graduate and Continuing Education & Training (...
Assistant Manager/Manager (Student Finance), National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 6 hours ago
Assistant Manager/Manager (Student Finance) - 00CJP Description Manage Research Scholarship (RS) stipend processing and reporting. To support Graduate Billing and related student enquiries. Duties...
Internship Officer, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 16 hours ago
Description The Opportunity The College of Communication & Media Sciences seeks an incumbent for the position of Internship Officer, who will support the two College Faculty Internship Coordinator...
Chair, Emergency Medicine And Critical Care, Assignment, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 16 hours ago
Location AE Organization Name Khalifa University - Emergency Medicine & Critical Care - College of Medicine and Health Sciences About University The newly-established Khalifa Univers...
Online Part Time Faculty Business Law (Busi), Blinn College, United States, about 24 hours ago
Posting Details VEVRRA Federal Contractor - Priority referral protected veterans requested. Position Information Requisition Number 2020033F Position Title Online Part-Time Faculty-Business Law (B...
Administrative Assistant, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 16 hours ago
Description JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY Provides administrative and secretarial support to the College. Ensures that the administrative functions are performed in an efficient manner. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES...