Reports to:Assistant to Dean
Purpose:Provides a wide variety of administrative and program support and secretarial work for the Office of the Dean of Graduate Studies. Serves as the primary point of the operational and administrative contact for internal and external constituencies.
- Provides administrative support including managing the schedule/calendar of the dean, making travel arrangements, screening and handling telephone communications, drafting documents, memoranda and reports, greeting and directing visitors and students, and dealing with administrative problems and inquiries as necessary
- Manages the requests for access to the dean of graduate studies
- Supports the graduate recruitment team for the graduate student orientation and Graduate Studies Open House events (twice per year), by conducting all space reservations, transportation arrangements for open house attendees, and is responsible for CTMS and security arrangements
- Coordinates administrative logistics for ordering and setting up catering, car reservation, and space reservations for all the dean of graduate studies office’s events
- Coordinates administrative logistics for receiving external visitors to the dean of graduate studies, including campus access, security clearance, reception at the gates and internal transportation
- Responsible for office inventory, for preparing of IT equipment assessment, as well as for filing system and for the database for the external contacts of the office
- Provides administrative support to the assistant dean of graduate studies
- Prepares graduate students’ degree evaluations, and academic records as needed, in support of readmission requests, extension of study period requests and petitions to the dean of graduate studies
- Prepares support letters for graduate students and teaching assistants.
- Supports the assistant dean in reviewing graduate student support grant applications including verification of conference details and registration fees, verification of host details for study abroad applications and the determination of travel and visa costs in coordination with the travel office
- Assists in drafting the graduate student support grants award letters, reflecting the details of individual awards
- Reviews the graduate student support grant reports from all the technical and financial aspects, contacts students and follows up with them for clarifications and for completing any missing documents/information. This is in preparation for the final assessment of the completed reports by the assistant dean for approval
- Contacts graduate students for purposes of graduate student support grant applications and reports, readmission requests, extension of study period requests, as well as requests for support letters
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement:
- A minimum of five years of experience preferably within an institution of higher education
- Strong secretarial and administrative skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Organizing and coordinating skills
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong language skills (oral and written) in Arabic and English
- Committed to deadlines and well organized
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- With a good sense of initiative
- With an ability to think independently and creatively
- Banner knowledge is an asset
The position is open until February 29, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted.
If interested, follow the link below and apply:
Senior Administrative Affairs Assistant in Graduate Studies
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."
**Internal Only** Associate Dean/Professor, University of Kansas, United States, about 2 hours ago
17121BR Engineering Administration Position Overview This is an Internal Only position to the University of Kansas - School of Engineering. The Associate Dean for Academic Affairs (ADAA) in the Sc...
Associate Dean #499686, Lamar University, United States, about 3 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Number 20111975 Position Title Associate Dean #499686 FTE 1.00 Position Type Staff Department Graduate Studies Job Summary/Basic Function Job Summary: The Associate Dean is...
Associate Director, Audiovisual Educational Technology And Media Services, Yeshiva University, United States, about 10 hours ago
Administrative Duties Hire, discipline, train, evaluate and schedule the staff and student workers. Oversee and provide guidance to staff who hire, discipline, train, evaluate, and schedule studen...
Associate Dean Of Academics (Internal Employment Opportunity), Oregon State University, United States, about 16 hours ago
Position Details Department College of Ag Admin (AGA) Position Title Administrator 1-Assoc Dean Job Title Associate Dean of Academics (Internal Employment Opportunity) Appointment Type Administrat...
University Registrar, Jackson State University, United States, about 6 hours ago
Position Details Posting Number S01105P Position Title University Registrar Department Enrollment Management FLSA Salary Not listed. Grant Funded No Location Main Campus Faculty, Staff, Admin or S...
Executive Director Of Setzer Student Center & Recreational Sports #499309, Lamar University, United States, about 3 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Number 20111969 Position Title Executive Director of Setzer Student Center & Recreational Sports #499309 FTE 1.00 Position Type Staff Department Setzer Student Center & Rec...