Purpose: The main purpose of the position is assuring that tuition and the fees charged and collected are following the university policies and procedures. Assure that student payments by Citibank NY are reflected correctly to the Student Information System (Banner). Insure better serving to AUC clients (AUC students, parents, and guardians. Update AUC general ledger with financial transactions posted to Banner.
Tuition and fees billing:
- Verify each bill to assure that the amount reflects the correct calculations and opening balance according to prices printed on the university catalog, scholarships on the Banner and payments made (six times per year).
Tuition and fees USD payments:
- Match the amounts paid on the bank statement with the amounts credited to student account on the Banner weekly.
Control USD Students Accounts Receivable:
- Review all USD balances related to the international students in Banner and prepare financial reports of outstanding balances monthly.
Tuition and fees refunds:
- Prepare overpayment and student’s loan refunds according to the university procedures on a daily basis.
New York Office refunds:
- Authorize refunds made through the New York office and prepare account breakdown for each on a daily basis.
- Perform other related duties as requested by direct supervisor
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Seven to nine years of experience
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with different constituencies of the University (faculty, staff, students, parents and administrators)
- Strong command of written and spoken English
- Strong command of written and spoken Arabic
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure
- Very good in Microsoft applications, with excellent computer skills to efficiently handle reconciliations and data reporting.
The position is open until October 30, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Extra Hellp Customer Service Representative University Health Service (Job Id #139685), University of Illinois, United States, about 16 hours ago
Accepts, screens and routes incoming telephone calls appropriately and takes accurate messages for UHS and UHS based call center. Relays messages to appropriate person in timely manner. Coordina...
Accounting Analyst, University of Maryland University College, United States, about 2 hours ago
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) seeks an entry level Accounting Analyst within the Third Party Military unit in the Office of Student Accounts (OSA). Under the supervision of the Thir...
Extra Help Housing Officer Campus Housing (Job Id #139575), University of Illinois, United States, about 16 hours ago
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Duties): Supervision • Provide supervision of desk staff, security staff, desk managers, security managers, and summer housing assistants • Participate and oversee ...
Administrative Student Affairs Coordinator, McGill University, Canada, 20 days ago
Position Summary: Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, provides administrative and secretarial support for administrative and student affairs activities. Participates in ensuring the s...
Service Representative, McGill University, Canada, 16 days ago
Position Summary: Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, performs duties related to admissions, registration and student accounts. Provides information and explanations concerning progra...
Head Teller, University of Maryland University College, United States, about 1 hour ago
Head Teller Office of Student Accounts Non-Exempt, Regular, Full-time, Pay Grade 10 University of Maryland Global Campus is seeking a Head Teller. Under general supervision, supervises the central...