Reports to: Assistant Director, Accounts Payable
Purpose: The jobholder main purpose will be to ensure that all financial transactions related to Accounts Payable are carried out in compliance with AUC prevailing internally imposed policies and procedures. Revise and audit the procurement accounts operations to verify their accuracy and completeness, checking and follow up all vendors’ accounts and payments and coordinate with the procurement unit all financial matters related to payments, receiving and delivery of cheques and other financial documents.
- Participate in reviewing, verifying invoices and checking general payment requests
- Communicating policies and procedures issues to relevant parties
- Correspond with vendors and respond to their inquiries
- Participate in preparing analysis of accounts as needed
- Checking, parking and posting all disbursements related to air tickets issued for business international travel, DVP travel, home leave, and termination of contracts, sabbatical leaves and student trips
- Participate in tracking and settling the advances and follow up with the vendors’ letters of guarantee, maintain records and correspondence related to them, accurately and regularly updates the records
- Prepare the accruals entries related to the travel transactions be the mid and end of the year
- Participate in maintaining the vendor master file in SAP
- Perform the auditing procedures related to the requests for payments of all local and foreign purchased items and services to make sure that all payments are made on time, accurately and in accordance with the University policy and requirements
- Process the Journal entries of projects into the SAP such as uniform, Halawet El Mold
- Perform auditing for all documents that deserve penalties and apply the percentage of penalties on SAP according to policy
- Perform quarterly, Semi-annually and annually financial stores inventory reports and submit them to the internal and external auditors
- Perform and supervise month-end closing processes, fiscal year closing and make sure that all tasks are completed timely and in accordance with corporate policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as requested from direct supervisor
Minimum Education Requirement:
· Bachelor’s degree in finance /accounting or in related field
- Minimum of seven years of previous experience in accounts payable
- Good knowledge of working with multiple currencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills, collaborative skills
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task on competing to meet deadline sensitive priorities
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Excellent knowledge of SAP software is an asset
- Excellent computer skills: MS Applications: Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Advanced ICDL certificate
- Exceptional customer service/vendor management experience
- Ability to work independently and self- motivated
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent Knowledge of auditing, accounting standards and regulations
- Have the ability to work with diplomacy at all times
- Very high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Excellent presentation Skills
The position is open until April 5, 2021
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Accounts Officer, EMBL, Worldwide, about 1 hour ago
We are Europe’s flagship research laboratory for the life sciences – an intergovernmental organisation performing scientific research in disciplines including molecular biology, physics, chemistry...
Director Of Human Resources, Ave Maria University, United States, about 4 hours ago
Ave Maria University Position Posting Director of Human Resources Ave Maria University is seeking applications for a full-time Director of Human Resources for the University’s human resources depa...
Finance & Hr Coordinator Nyu Berlin, New York University, United States, 23 days ago
The Finance & HR Coordinator is a full-time parental leave replacement position for the period May/June 2021 to December 2022. The incumbent is responsible for managing all day-to-day accounting f...
Medical Office Coordinator (Surgical Coordinator) Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery (Job Id #143033), University of Illinois, United States, 17 days ago
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or equivalent/GED A. Five (5) years (60 months) of hospital clerical experience or ancillary service experience three (3) years (36 months) of which m...
Finance And Operations Manager, Washington State University, Worldwide, about 7 hours ago
Title: 1143-NN - Finance/Budget Manager Business Title: Finance and Operations Manager Location: Employee Type: Admin. Professional Job Family: Administrative Professional - Not OT Eligible Positi...
Financial Analyst/Planner Associate (Job Id #144691), University of Illinois, United States, 3 days ago
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications Required: 1. Any one or any combination that equals three (3) years (36 months) from the categories below: A. progressively more responsible experience in develop...