Reports to: Assistant Director, Accounts Payable
Purpose: The jobholder main purpose will be to ensure that all financial transactions related to Accounts Payable are carried out in compliance with AUC prevailing internally imposed policies and procedures. Revise and audit the procurement accounts operations to verify their accuracy and completeness, checking and follow up all vendors’ accounts and payments and coordinate with the procurement unit all financial matters related to payments, receiving and delivery of cheques and other financial documents.
- Participate in reviewing, verifying invoices and checking general payment requests
- Communicating policies and procedures issues to relevant parties
- Correspond with vendors and respond to their inquiries
- Participate in preparing analysis of accounts as needed
- Checking, parking and posting all disbursements related to air tickets issued for business international travel, DVP travel, home leave, and termination of contracts, sabbatical leaves and student trips
- Participate in tracking and settling the advances and follow up with the vendors’ letters of guarantee, maintain records and correspondence related to them, accurately and regularly updates the records
- Prepare the accruals entries related to the travel transactions be the mid and end of the year
- Participate in maintaining the vendor master file in SAP
- Perform the auditing procedures related to the requests for payments of all local and foreign purchased items and services to make sure that all payments are made on time, accurately and in accordance with the University policy and requirements
- Process the Journal entries of projects into the SAP such as uniform, Halawet El Mold
- Perform auditing for all documents that deserve penalties and apply the percentage of penalties on SAP according to policy
- Perform quarterly, Semi-annually and annually financial stores inventory reports and submit them to the internal and external auditors
- Perform and supervise month-end closing processes, fiscal year closing and make sure that all tasks are completed timely and in accordance with corporate policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as requested from direct supervisor
Minimum Education Requirement:
· Bachelor’s degree in finance /accounting or in related field
- Minimum of seven years of previous experience in accounts payable
- Good knowledge of working with multiple currencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills, collaborative skills
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task on competing to meet deadline sensitive priorities
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Excellent knowledge of SAP software is an asset
- Excellent computer skills: MS Applications: Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Advanced ICDL certificate
- Exceptional customer service/vendor management experience
- Ability to work independently and self- motivated
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent Knowledge of auditing, accounting standards and regulations
- Have the ability to work with diplomacy at all times
- Very high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Excellent presentation Skills
The position is open until April 5, 2021
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Fiscal Specialist 2, Washington State University, Worldwide, about 1 hour ago
Title: 151F-YN - Fiscal Specialist 2 Business Title: Fiscal Specialist 2 Location: Employee Type: Classified Job Family: Civil Service - OT Eligible Position Details: Summary of Duties: This posit...
Finance & Human Resources Administrator, University of Alberta, Canada, 12 days ago
This competition is open to all applicants however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority considerat...
Procurement Service Partner, HHMI, United States, about 9 hours ago
Primary Work Address: 4000 Jones Bridge Road, Chevy Chase, MD, 20815 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. HHMI is focused on supporting and moving science forward ...
Financial Accountant, Research, AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL UNIVERSITY (ANU), Australia, 4 days ago
Classification: ANU Officer Grade 6/7 (Administration) Salary package: $80,756 - $92,957 per annum plus 17% superannuation Terms: Full time, Ongoing The Australian National University, one of the ...
Group Finance Manager, Lincoln University, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Technical support Sign in Search jobs Search Show all jobs Keyword or Job Code Locations Any Work type Any Expertise Any show advanced Search email@example.com Apply Print Email this job to a ...
Central Stores Manager I (Job Id #145313), University of Illinois, United States, about 21 hours ago
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED BY PLACEMENT OFFICER 1.Any one, or any combination, of the following types of preparation: A. credit for progressively more advanced co...