Reports to: Manager, AUC Bookstore
Purpose: The bookstore coordinator is responsible for implementing opening and closing retail procedures, providing excellent customer service and maintaining the appearance of the bookstore. The incumbent, working within a customer service orientated environment, is expected to be responsive to the needs and concerns of customers, and cognizant in the knowledge of books. Also assisting the bookstore manager and supervisors in all required tasks.
- Assist in updating and restocking bookshelves with new and reordered books
- Execute opening and closing store procedures including the opening and closing processes on the POS controller
- Execute daily retail operations and transactions
- Provide high level of customer service implementing store standards and escalate problems to the direct supervisor
- Provide reception and answers queries via walk-in traffic, telephone, email and electronic communications
- Implement the store’s loss prevention guidelines and set-up of displays and merchandizing plans
- Organizes, cleans and maintains the cashier stations and shelves
- Maintain the bookstore cleanliness and organization
- Assist in stocking the shelves and ticketing merchandise
- Assist with the bookstore team in dropping off shipment if needed
- Assist in unpacking and pricing of new shipments and book fairs as needed
- Prepare for and completes yearly inventory
- Ensure a safe and healthy work environment by complying with college health and safety policies, standard practices, and programs in keeping with occupational health and safety legislation and regulations
- Perform other related duties as assigned by direct supervisor
Minimum Education Requirement :
- University degree
- Bookstore experience or sales background is a plus
Minimum of three years’ retail and/or promotions experience
- Personal characteristics: attitudes and outlook; people who like working with and serving people
- Taking responsibility and initiative
- Good English language skills
- Good computer skills
- Customer service skills
- An interest in books and literature
- Operating cash registers and handle money safely and accurately
The position is open until November 3, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
A/V Support Specialist, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Job Description AV Support Specialist is responsible to set up, operate and support equipment used for classrooms, exhibitions, conferences and multimedia presentations in United Arab Emirates Uni...
Technical Support Admin, McGill University, Canada, 1 day ago
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Fire Prevention Officer will be responsible to implement and monitor activities related to the fire prevention program. Duties ...
Research Technician School Of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
School of Biosciences, College of Life and Environmental Sciences Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham UK Full time starting salary is normally in the range £23,406 to £25,143...
Shop Technician, McGill University, Canada, 13 days ago
Position Summary: Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, performs technical duties in the field of engineering, metallurgy, woodworking, etc. Designs, builds and assembles various parts,...
Research Accounting Specialist, Temple University, United States, 6 days ago
Research Accounting Specialist - (20003230) Description The Research Accounting Specialist will be responsible for managing the Effort Reporting System and educating the sponsored research communi...
Lead Scientific Glassblower, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, 8 days ago
Position Summary The KAUST Core Labs are a system of user-shared, centrally governed and multi-disciplinary laboratories with state-of-the-art technologies, supported by over 250 expertly skilled ...