Reports to: Operations Manager, Center for Applied Research on the Environment and Sustainability (CARES)
Purpose: The job holder will provide the Center for Applied Research on the Environment and Sustainability (CARES) with all logistical support to CARES team in order to facilitate the center’s activities. He/she will also work as a facilitator to safely transport CARES staff and equipment to and from AUC premises. Also, responsible for pre and post-trip vehicle inspections, ensuring the bus/car is clean and well maintained. The job holder will be required to perform in different off-campus locations as required.
- Provide office and logistics support to CARES team
- Manage the supply and storage of supplies in conjunction with the Assistant to Director
- Provide support for CARES activities and events
- Contribute to the organization of events through coping required documents, checking the arrival of attendees, overseeing set-up, and assisting with the audiovisual systems, etc.
- Transport and accompany CARES team in field visits and contribute to activities as required
- Maintain tools of logistics support under close observation such as schedule of field visits, maintaining vehicles and golf carts
- Work with the Operations Manager on managing the vehicles' schedule
- Provide transportation support to facilitate CARES activities on and off-campus; including after working hours’ trips
- Follow up on the maintenance of CARES Vehicles on a regular basis and perform routine vehicle maintenance, such as checking oil, water, and tires; reports any non-routine problems or malfunctioning equipment
- Additional responsibilities include maintaining a variety of records, the purpose of field trips, the number of passengers per day, mileage, and vehicle maintenance
- Receive goods/materials from outside locations as needed
- Other duties as requested by the direct supervisor
- Maintain the bus in a clean condition at all times
- Driving legally and putting safety first at all times
- Resolve emergency situations that might occur on the way to and from AUC in alignment with concerned staff
Minimum Education Requirement(s): Intermediate Diploma, a university degree is an asset.
Minimum 10 years of experience
- Work experience in a multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge of safety rules and efficient operations of vehicles including 15 passengers minibus and pickup trucks. Must have grade 3 driving license
- Ability to deal effectively and patiently with a variety of people including students, staff, faculty and distinguished AUC guests
- Maintain a decent appearance and respectable attitude with others
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions in English
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to work with others and work to maintain cordial relations
- High level of confidentiality and attention to details
- Communication skills and problem-solving skills and ability to perform under stress
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and the Internet
This position is open until November 27, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Research Logistics Coordinator III, Center for Applied Research on the Environment and Sustainability” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Oil& Gas Storage And Transportation Engineering，Oil & Gas Pipeline Engineering Researcher, International Talent Search of Guangxi, China, 26 days ago
Oil and gas field gathering and transportation, long-distance transportation pipeline, storage and handling, urban transportation and distribution system, oil and gas pipeline safety, oil and gas ...
Petroleum Engineering Faculty , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
Petroleum Engineering Faculty – TBC Khalifa University of Science and Technology Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Ar...
Head Of Studies, Social Science, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, about 9 hours ago
Amsterdam University College (AUC) was established by the VU and the UvA in 2009. It offers their international Liberal Arts and Sciences joint-degree programme for approximately 900 Bachelor st...
Senior Materials Handling Tech (3pm To 11pm Shift) Hospital Materials Management 68772, UTMB Health, United States, 5 days ago
Job ID 68772 Job Title Senior Materials Handling Tech (3pm to 11pm Shift) - Hospital Materials Management Full/Part Time Full-Time Location Galveston Business Unit FINCE Regular/Temporary Regular ...
Associate Professor, Department Of Chemical And Petroleum Engineering, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Job Description The Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering (CPE) at the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) invites application for a full-time faculty position in Chemical Engineerin...
Shuttle Bus Driver, Arizona State University, United States, 9 days ago
57405BR Colleges@ASU: Lake Havasu City Driver Bus/Tram Job Description ASU@Lake Havasu is currently hiring for two part-time drivers to operate a 10-passenger vehicle which will be used to transpo...