Reports to: Operations Manager, Center for Applied Research on the Environment and Sustainability (CARES)
Purpose: The job holder will provide the Center for Applied Research on the Environment and Sustainability (CARES) with all logistical support to CARES team in order to facilitate the center’s activities. He/she will also work as a facilitator to safely transport CARES staff and equipment to and from AUC premises. Also, responsible for pre and post-trip vehicle inspections, ensuring the bus/car is clean and well maintained. The job holder will be required to perform in different off-campus locations as required.
- Provide office and logistics support to CARES team
- Manage the supply and storage of supplies in conjunction with the Assistant to Director
- Provide support for CARES activities and events
- Contribute to the organization of events through coping required documents, checking the arrival of attendees, overseeing set-up, and assisting with the audiovisual systems, etc.
- Transport and accompany CARES team in field visits and contribute to activities as required
- Maintain tools of logistics support under close observation such as schedule of field visits, maintaining vehicles and golf carts
- Work with the Operations Manager on managing the vehicles' schedule
- Provide transportation support to facilitate CARES activities on and off-campus; including after working hours’ trips
- Follow up on the maintenance of CARES Vehicles on a regular basis and perform routine vehicle maintenance, such as checking oil, water, and tires; reports any non-routine problems or malfunctioning equipment
- Additional responsibilities include maintaining a variety of records, the purpose of field trips, the number of passengers per day, mileage, and vehicle maintenance
- Receive goods/materials from outside locations as needed
- Other duties as requested by the direct supervisor
- Maintain the bus in a clean condition at all times
- Driving legally and putting safety first at all times
- Resolve emergency situations that might occur on the way to and from AUC in alignment with concerned staff
Minimum Education Requirement(s): Intermediate Diploma, a university degree is an asset.
Minimum 10 years of experience
- Work experience in a multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge of safety rules and efficient operations of vehicles including 15 passengers minibus and pickup trucks. Must have grade 3 driving license
- Ability to deal effectively and patiently with a variety of people including students, staff, faculty and distinguished AUC guests
- Maintain a decent appearance and respectable attitude with others
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions in English
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to work with others and work to maintain cordial relations
- High level of confidentiality and attention to details
- Communication skills and problem-solving skills and ability to perform under stress
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and the Internet
This position is open until November 27, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “Research Logistics Coordinator III, Center for Applied Research on the Environment and Sustainability” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Posdoctoral Researchers At Instituto De La Grasa, Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Spain, 19 days ago
<p>Call for contracts (4 years) for the incorporation of top researchers with leadership skills, into research centres in Andalusia (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.d-2Dand...
Coordinator, Period 3, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Organization Name Khalifa University College of Medicine and Health Science About University The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Sci...
Self Help Ecu Transit Vehicle Operator, East Carolina University, United States, about 14 hours ago
Position Details Advertising Department TRANSIT Academic Term/Year Fall/Spring - 2020/2021 Position Title Self-Help - ECU Transit Vehicle Operator Posting Number 02862 Position Number 02862 Studen...
Senior Materials Handling Technician (7am To 3.30pm Shift) Hospital Materials Management (Galveston) 71735, UTMB Health, United States, 22 days ago
Job ID 71735 Job Title Senior Materials Handling Technician (7am to 3.30pm Shift) - Hospital Materials Management (Galveston) Full/Part Time Full-Time Location Galveston Business Unit FINCE Regula...
Materials Handling Technician (7am Through 3.30pm Shift) Galveston 71734, UTMB Health, United States, 26 days ago
Job ID 71734 Job Title Materials Handling Technician (7am through 3.30pm Shift) - Galveston Full/Part Time Full-Time Location Galveston Business Unit FINCE Regular/Temporary Regular Favorite Job M...
Technologist – Valuable Insects For Food – Valusect (Ref 164), Teagasc, Ireland, 21 days ago
Basic Function of the Role: The successful applicant will play a key role in supporting an EU funded research programme (ValuSect, Interreg European project) where the candidate will carry out sam...