Reports to: Executive Director of Communications
Purpose: The project director serves a single point of contact for the MarCom/PA office. As an account manager, the project director works with clients to ensure timely, quality execution of all projects across all functions. The project director, plans and designates project resources, prepares budgets, monitors progress, generates reports and keeps clients informed. As a representative of the MarCom/PA office, the project director is responsible for monitoring client satisfaction, delivery speed and awareness of office services across the University. The project director acts as an account manager, overseeing all aspects of project completion and serving as the single point of contact for clients. The job holder represents the office in comprehensive projects and campus initiatives. The job holder works with other unit heads to ensure milestone completion and final delivery. The job holder works to optimize operations and ensure a service-centered culture.
- Determine and define project scope and objectives
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Develop and execute an awareness program for office services to internal client
- Oversee office website and promotional materials
- Serve as a representative for the office in interdisciplinary or university-wide initiatives, as assigned
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Track project costs in order to meet budget, if applicable
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan on the office project management system (Wrike)
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about objective, adjustments, and progress
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed, flag and troubleshoot project issues as the arise or forecasted
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
Minimum Education Requirement:
- BSc in marketing, English, journalism or related field, background in marketing
- Five - eight years’ experience in project management and related experience
- Team player and high ability to multitask
- Proven ability to work with multiple teams and set achievable goals
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively and troubleshoot with positive attitude
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle, according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and project management systems/software
- Strict adherence to company policies and style
The position is open until January 17, 2021
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Executive Director, University of Alberta, Canada, 1 day ago
The Office of the Vice-Provost (Indigenous Programming and Research) is seeking an Executive Director for the "Building Capacity for Community-led Indigenous Language Revitalization in Canada" pro...
Project Manager In The Consortium Of European Social Science Data Archives, CESSDA ERIC, Norway, 22 days ago
CESSDA ERIC is now seeking to recruit a Project Manager for the initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of internal and/or external CESSDA projects. The Consor...
Project Assistant For Multiply Project / Maternal Child And Reproductive Health Initiative (Samir), ISGLOBAL, Spain, 23 days ago
The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a ...
Qm Clinical Trials Project Lead, University of Alberta, Canada, 20 days ago
This competition is restricted to internal candidates or applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months. This position is to cover for a maternity leave an...
Ktt Project Portfolio Manager, Institute of Photonic Sciences, Luxembourg, about 14 hours ago
ICFO is a research center located in the Mediterranean Technology Park in the metropolitan area of Barcelona, and currently hosts 400+ people, including researchers, PhD students and staff personn...
Project Manager Senior Capital Programs Management Group, Arizona State University, United States, about 4 hours ago
65873BR Campus: Tempe Project Manager Senior Constr Job Description The Capital Programs Management Group (CPMG) under the umbrella of Facilities Development and Management (FDM), seeks a Senior P...