Reports to: Director, Projects Management
Purpose: The project quality control manager is responsible for the delivery of AUC real estate projects to the satisfaction of the customer and in compliance with international standards and project specifications. The PQCM shall collaborate with the director of project management office to develop quality control measures and standards through designing and production of quality standards, inspection of materials, equipment, processes, and products, developing quality control systems and corrective actions and implementation of quality program, overseeing design and build and other third party developer projects (on or off campus plots and buildings); develop periodic checks methodology and implementation; leading final handover plans and commissioning programs to meet project goals, hand over to facilities team and initiating mitigation steps and allowable limits. The PQCM shall actively participate in the review of project technical documents (statement of requirements, alternative analysis, design standard assessment). He/she shall also assist the other project stakeholders and deliver regular feedback on projects progress and the testing processes to the PMO.
- Develop and implement quality standards, and control system (to support the construction PMs)
- Monitor and administer the QC plan or program and ensuring incorporated materials on construction projects comply with the plans and specifications
- Assur that the work is performed according to the contract and the required quality standards
- Witness concreting works in the presence of the engineer or consultant, slump test, and cubes preparation for the compressive test
- Maintain standards of safety and comply with AUC’s health, safety, and environment management system requirements
- Maintain an updated efficient internal reporting system, timesheets, and project files
- Adhere to deadlines of critical deliverables
- Develop and initiate standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation, utilizing knowledge in engineering fields such as construction, electrical, or mechanical
- Design, develop and implement the best quality practices and processes for projects delivery
- Research, study, compile and prepare material on quality control activities, processes, and procedures
- Develop, execute, and update test plans in a timely and efficient manner for all fields of the project
- Report clear, detailed, and timely quality status for the project
- Contribute to assessment of audited and certified outside suppliers
- Provide reports and review process capability studies with engineers for process improvement and variation reduction
- Review and resolve any technical problems/issues which may have been discovered before project delivery
- Provide effective communication and coordination between project stakeholders
- Align with the established procedure, policy, and goals for the implementation of design activities and the implementation of technical assistance activities
- Review and internally distribute inspection reports, punch lists, and non-conformance reports
- Observe work in progress to ensure that the procedures followed, and materials used conform to specifications
- Ensure that the quality specifications are met
- Collaborate with operations managers to develop and implement controls and improvements
- Investigate and troubleshooting product or production issues and develop corrective actions, solutions, and improvements
- Reviewing codes, specifications, and processes
- Examine the quality of finished installations for conformity to standard and approved the installation
- Maintain a daily log for construction and inspection activities
- Review shop drawings, materials, and compliance statements before submitting them to the consultant
- Maintain, monitor, and ensure the highest quality in services and products
- Manage multiple projects and control them within set cost, time, and quality parameters
- Communicate with various levels of associates to share ideas for quality development improvements
- Perform other related duties as requested by direct supervisor
Minimum Education Requirement:
- BSc in architecture or related engineering field in civil, constriction, or mechanical
- Minimum of 12 years of experience, with five years in similar position
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Keen visual awareness and attention to details
- Working knowledge of building codes and regulations, including the Egyptian building codes, IBC, ADA, NFPA
- The capability of gathering, analyzing, and synthesizing information to articulate well-founded design decisions
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively towards user satisfaction
- Excellent CAD skills
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of Arabic and English languages both written and spoken
- Can work collegially and communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Capable of working in a diverse, collaborative, and inclusive environment
- Have a logical, analytical, and creative approach to problem solving and strategic planning abilities
- Excellent presentation, organization, and coordination Skills
- Commitment to due dates
- Cost estimation and project timeline planning
The position is open until May 10, 2021
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Software Engineer, ELETTRA - SINCROTRONE TRIESTE S.C.P.A., Italy, 10 days ago
Company description Elettra Sincrotrone Trieste is an international multidisciplinary research center operated as a user facility, featuring a 2.0/2.4 GeV, third-generation synchrotron light sourc...
Dtu Tenure Track Assistant Professor Or Associate Professor In Stochastic Adaptive Control In Energy Systems, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 19 hours ago
As part of DTU Compute’s strategic focus on AI-driven digitalization research, the section for Dynamical Systems at DTU Compute is looking for a talented researcher for a position as Assistant Pro...
Dtu Tenure Track Assistant Professor Or Associate Professor In Stochastic Adaptive Control In Energy Systems , Technical University of Denmark ;, Denmark, 12 days ago
As part of DTU Compute ’s strategic focus on AI-driven digitalization research, the section for Dynamical Systems at DTU Compute is looking for a talented researcher for a position as Assistant P...
Researcher Unmanned Air Traffic Management, SEAL Aeronautica S.L., Spain, 10 days ago
The SEAL Aeronautica S.L. (SEALA) invites applications for one Research and Innovation position in the framework of a H2020-funded project AURORA (Grant Number 101007134). The successful applican...
Amanuensis In Control Engineering With Focus On Control Of Hydropower Plants, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden, about 15 hours ago
Luleå University of Technology is experiencing strong growth with world-leading competence in several areas of research. Our research is conducted in close collaboration with industries such as LK...
Future Trends In Project Management Ref. 120/2021 Ar, Politecnico di Torino, Italy, 12 days ago
The research programme aims to contribute developing methods and tools for the evolution of the Project Management discipline in various industrial, service and infrastructure sectors. The program...