The German University in Cairo invites applications for the following vacancies to be filled during the academic year 2021/2022.
The Faculty of Applied Science and Arts enrolling 1,250 students across three design majors: Graphic, Product and Media Design. The GUC (Cairo Campus) invites highly able and motivated applicants for the following vacancy in the Theory Department. Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching. Professors are invited to supervise Master Projects.
The position will focus on teaching of Theory courses offered to all students in Foundation and in the three majors of Product Design, Graphic Design and Media Design. The applicant should have a track record of research, teaching or publishing in ideally at least two of the following areas: Strategic Design and Design Research, Design Thinking, Sustainable Design, Social Sciences, Culture Theory, Branding, Communication Theory and Media Theory.
- Applicants for the position of a Professor should hold a PHD degree with relevant academic references in related areas.
- Applicants for the position of a Lecturer should hold a master degree or German diploma, ideally at least 5 years of practical and ideally 3 years of teaching experience.
- Applicants for a position of an Instructor should ideally have a minimum 3 years of practical experience, teaching experience would be an asset.
Experience / Skills:
- Knowledgeable of current and future approaches within the field of design.
- Curiosity to widen the perception within the design discipline and thus create a foundation for design oriented actions and mindsets.
- Strong commitment to progressive design education principles regarding a self organized and responsible design study.
- Understanding of the implications of Design practice within social, cultural, economic, scientific or technological contexts.
- Competence of working well with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, professional training and aesthetic sensibilities.
- Strong competences to structure and define project goals in order to foster and motivate positive experiences.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and writing in English, which is the teaching language.
- Good management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, communicate and motivate effectively.
- An interest in working collaboratively within the GUC and with external partners towards the development of shared projects.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including: employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, list of publications and projects undertaken and names of ideally at least three referees, motivational letter and an online access to a portfolio of their work. Applications to be submitted using the below link by referencing posting: #ref II8.1
< www.guc.edu.eg >
Submissions will be reviewed until the position is filled.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (firstname.lastname@example.org )
54347: Aerospace, Mechanical Engineer Or Similar (F/M/X) Investigation Of The Interaction Of Low ..., German Aerospace Center (DLR), Germany, 18 days ago
Area of research: Scientific / postdoctoral posts,Other Job description: In the development of future military aircraft the propulsions system require a very high degree of integration into the fu...
Research & Teaching Assistant (M/F/D) For Numerical Optimization Of Solution Spaces For Complex Systems Design (Ph D) , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 22 hours ago
19.02.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal Our lab focuses on the design and optimization of complex technical systems. For this, we develop methods, tools and specific solutions to technical problem...
Lecturer In Interior Design, Unitech Institute of Technology, New Zealand, 3 days ago
At Unitec, we enable better futures for students, communities and public and private enterprise. Key to getting to where we want to go is having the right people. We approach learning differently,...
Professor In New Frontiers In Design, Aalto University, Finland, 23 days ago
Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovativ...
Programme Leader (Master Of Arts In Design) , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
LASALLE College of the Arts is Asia’s leading tertiary institution in contemporary arts and design education and practice. The College offers 30 diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate programmes ...
Amleto Radio Frequency (Rf) Feeds With Integrated Rf, Mechanical And Thermal Functions, CNR - IEIIT, Italy, 26 days ago
Antenna feeds for satellite telecommunications consist of several functional elements, thus resulting in high mechanical complexity. In addition to radio-frequency constraints, there are also mech...