The German University in Cairo invites applications for the vacancy to be filled effective October 2021 or February 2022
The Faculty of Applied Science and Arts enrolling 1,250 students across three design majors: Graphic, Product and Media Design. The GUC (Cairo Campus) invites highly able and motivated applicants for the following vacancy in the Product Design Department. Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching.
The position will focus on developing and training form generation skills, material experiences and the competence to develop shape sensibility. He/She should enhance the visual thinking competences of the students within the foundation courses, through exploring principles of mechanics, construction and aesthetics. The applicant should have experience in other disciplines such as presentation techniques, production techniques and semantics and all related fields. The applicant should have a previous professional experience in product design teaching or with a related professional background.
- Applicants for the position of a Professor should hold preferably a PHD degree with relevant academic references in related areas.
- Applicants for the position of a Lecturer should hold a master degree or German diploma, at least 5 years of practical and 3 years of teaching experience.
Experience / Skills:
- Knowledgeable of the design principles of mobility solutions including current and alternative mobility futures.
- Strong competences to integrate aspects of usability and aesthetics into designing a means to transport goods and/or people.
- Ability to incorporate technical knowledge and the latest techniques, technology and materials in the mobility sector.
- Curiosity to widen the perception within the design discipline and thus create a foundation for design oriented actions and mindsets.
- Strong commitment to progressive design education principles regarding a self-organized and responsible design study.
- Understanding of the implications of Design practice within social, cultural, economic, scientific or technological contexts.
- Competence of working well with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, professional training and aesthetic sensibilities.
- Strong competences to structure and define project goals in order to foster and motivate positive experiences.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and writing in English, which is the teaching language.
The German University in Cairo is an Egyptian Private University, established in cooperation with the German State Universities of Ulm and Stuttgart, under the patronage of the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education, the Ministry of Science, Research and Arts, State of Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany, and supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the German Embassy in Cairo, the Arab/German Chamber of Industry and Commerce (AHK), the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research, the Universities of Stuttgart, Ulm, Mannheim, and Tübingen. Situated at the ancient city of Cairo, the GUC’s mission is to achieve excellence in teaching and research.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including: employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, list of publications and projects undertaken and names of at least three referees, motivational letter and an online access to a portfolio of your work. Applications to be submitted online by referencing posting: #ref Jobs UK – II8.4 and via the apply button.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Senior Lecturer (Diploma/Master), University of Innsbruck, Austria, 26 days ago
Start date/duration Job profile: Senior lecturer without doctorate (10 hours / week), Institute for Urban Development and Spatial Planning from October 1st, 2021 to September 30th, 2025. Main task...
Research Coordinator (F/M/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 2 hours ago
The Leibniz Center for Photonics in Infection Research (LPI, www.lpi-jena.de ) is a project of the National Roadmap for Research Infrastructures of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (...
Professor German History, McGill University, Canada, 1 day ago
Position Description The Department of History and Classical Studies at McGill University invites applications for the inaugural Peter C. Hoffmann Chair in German History, effective August 1, 2022...
University Professor Of Autonomous Systems, Graz University of Technology, Austria, 7 days ago
The Faculty of Electrical and Information Engineering at Graz University of Technology seeks to fill the position of a University Professor of Autonomous Systemsstarting from October 1, 2022. The ...
Director Of Research (F/M/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 2 hours ago
The Leibniz Institute of Vegetable and Ornamental Crops (IGZ) (www.igzev.de ) is based in Großbeeren, near Berlin. With around 120 employees and an annual budget in excess of €10 million, includi...
Post Doc / Senior Researcher In Statistics And Machine Learning , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 21 hours ago
17.09.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal We are recruiting for the position of a PostDoc / Senior Researcher (f/m/d) in the field of Statistics and Machine Learning, starting from October 2021 or l...