The German University in Cairo invites applications for the vacancy to be filled effective October 2021 or February 2022.
The German University in Cairo is looking for highly capable and motivated applicants wishing to join the Architecture and Urban Design Program. The GUC architecture school was founded in 2010 and can now claim to be one of the most attractive programs in Egypt. Situated in Cairo, the dynamic gateway to the Middle East, the GUC Architecture and Urban Design program is growing rapidly.
Successful candidates will be expected to teach both undergraduate and graduate levels, develop ongoing and innovative research activities and contribute to shaping this architecture and urban design program. All courses are taught in English. As a member of an international team, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Introducing relations between architectural design and urban projects in the undergraduate program
- Engaging in the contemporary architectural discourse both in teaching and research within the specific context of Egypt, Mediterranean and internationally
- Coordinating design studios at undergraduate and graduate levels
- Advanced elective courses on innovative urban or territorial scale design projects
- Supervising bachelor/master/PhD thesis in the field.
The Architecture and Urban Design Department at GUC focusses on an integrative design approach where contextual thinking and multiscale strategies shape the architectural design process. We encourage and support research activities in those fields.
- Candidates should hold a Doctorate/Ph.D. preferably in urban or territorial topics and have equivalent practical experience of architecture with a focus on housing as well as according teaching experience.
- Candidates should have experience in the area of international research networks.
- Applicants for the position of a Professor should hold a PHD degree with relevant academic references in related areas.
- Applicants for the position of a Lecturer should hold a PhD degree, with 3 years of teaching experience.
The German University in Cairo is an Egyptian Private University established in cooperation with the German State Universities of Ulm and Stuttgart, under the patronage of the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education, the Ministry of Science, Research and Arts, State of Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany, and supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the German Embassy in Cairo, the Arab/German Chamber of Industry and Commerce (AHK), the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research, the Universities of Stuttgart, Ulm, Mannheim, and Tübingen. Situated at the ancient city of Cairo, the GUC’s mission is to achieve excellence in teaching and research.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, samples of design work and publications and the names of at least three referees. Applications to be submitted online by referencing posting: #ref Jobs UK – II6.4 and via the apply button.
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. For best consideration, submit applications before 30th of May 2021.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (email@example.com ).
Announces The Competition For The Assistant Professor, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań, Poland, 2 days ago
- The candidate should have a PhD degree in German literature; - The candidate is expected to have high and documented academic competence in the field of German literature, culture of the German-...
Senior Lecturer (Doctorate/Ph D), University of Innsbruck, Austria, 19 days ago
Start date/duration as soon as possible for 4 years, possibility for a permanent position depending on requirement and performance evaluation Job profile: As a Senior Lecturer your main duty is to...
University Professor For The Specialist Field Of Computer Architecture, Vienna University of Technology, Austria, 13 days ago
TU Wien is Austria's largest institution of research and higher education in the fields of technology and natural sciences. With over 26,000 students and more than 4000 scientists, research, teach...
Semantic Information Architect & Developer (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 17 hours ago
Become part of the open science movement The Leibniz Institute for Psychology Information (ZPID) in Trier (Germany) is an internationally renowned research support organization in psychology and a...
Associate Director, Auc Venture Lab (School Of Business), American University in Cairo, Egypt, 1 day ago
Purpose: The job holder assists the director in planning and managing the AUC Venture Lab activities. She/he will be managing the daily operations of the AUC Venture Lab by following up on the te...
Full Professorship (W 3) For Digital Bioeconomy (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 17 hours ago
The University of Potsdam, Faculty of Science, Institute of Informatics and Computational Science, invites applications for a joint professorship under the Jülich Model with the Leibniz Institute ...