The German International University (GIU) and the German University in Cairo (GUC) cooperate in order to expand their campus in Berlin-Tegel as a hub for education and research cooperation with German and international partners in science and industry and to develop innovative courses of study and research that complement the activities of GUC. The language of instruction is English.
Located in the heart of the German capital, the state-recognized German International University (GIU) (www.giu-berlin.de) opens its doors to attracting global talents and opportunities. The main aim of the engineering disciplines is to embrace promising ideas and turn them into tangible solutions that would benefit the society and impact technology. To this end, successful applicants should actively promote graduate and undergraduate research.
The Faculty of Engineering invites applications for the following positions effective September 2022 (or later). Appointments are possible also for 50% of the working time.
Professor / Associate Professor in Computer Architecture and Engineering
The successful candidate will be responsible for courses in the areas of mobile and embedded systems on the Bachelor and Master level, including topics like electronic circuit design, digital signal processing, embedded systems, architecture and programming. He or she is likewise expected to establish a strong research agenda in computer architecture and engineering.
The appointed professor will engage in teaching, research, supervision and administrative duties. She/he will establish and lead a research group in the area of Computer Architecture and Engineering and will be responsible for the participation in courses of the media and advanced media laboratory.
- PhD or doctoral degree in related areas from a recognized university
- Outstanding research and teaching record in Computer Architecture, for example in fields like: multi- and many-core architectures, massively parallel architectures (e.g. GPU architectures), non-conventional architectures (e.g. neuromorphic computing), energy-efficient architectures, power management, approximate computing Reconfigurable architectures Memory architectures, in-memory computing, inter-core communication, safety and security aspects in computer architecture modeling, design and verification of computer architectures, domain-specific architectures
- Excellent scientific achievements, documented by internationally recognized publications
- Track record of collaborative research, proven ability to attract research funding, and successful supervision
- Excellent teaching ability at both the undergraduate and graduate levels
- High capacity to develop pedagogical innovations and to manage a study programme
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation)
- Proficiency in English (oral and written)
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, list of publications and projects undertaken and names of at least three referees. Inquiries and applications are to be sent to email@example.com for better consideration kindly state the job title in the subject.
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. For immediate consideration, submit applications Preferably 30th of June, 2022.
For more information, please visit http://www.giu-berlin.de .
University Assistant (Prae Doc), Faculty of Computer Science, Austria, about 2 hours ago
Candidates must have a university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) related to the research field of the group by the expected start date. Candidates in all areas of Computer Science, Informa...
Scientific Staff, Faculty of Philosophy and Education, Austria, about 15 hours ago
- MA degree in social sciences or the humanities (in particular: educational science, teacher education, sociology, psychology) - Advanced skill of qualitative research methods (preferably with ch...
Research Associate (M/F/D) In The Field Of Digital Methods For Participatory Processes And Urban Design , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 21 hours ago
20.07.2022, Wissenschaftliches Personal As part of the project, digital methods for decision support and participation in the context of the traffic change in Munich's district Neuperlach are to b...
Lecturer In Corporate Finance, VIETNAMESE-GERMAN UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is a Vietnamese state university. Founded in 2008, VGU is a joint venture based on a close cooperation between the Federal Republic of Germany and the Social...
One Vacant Position For A Full Time University Assistant (M/F/D) At The Chair Of Mechanical..., Personalabteilung der Montanuniversität Leoben, Austria, about 2 hours ago
1 position for a fully employed University Assistant (m/f/d) at the Chair of Mechanical Engineering, Department Product Engineering at the earliest possible date in a 3-year term of employment. GG...
Professor Of Architecture And Art, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 18 days ago
The Department of Architecture (www.arch.ethz.ch ) at ETH Zurich invites applications for the above-mentioned position. The professorship is located at the Institute of Design and Architecture IEA...