Purpose: The position administers and coordinates one or more of the major activities, events, and/or services for the Undergraduate Research Program as designated in order to fulfill the mission, vision and goals. This job holder implements and promotes the UR activities, including The Authors’ Challenge (TAC), the University wide multimodal writing competition, on an institutional and national level, and participates in planning, facilitating communication among relevant stakeholders, reporting, content development, editing, workshop preparation, and program research and development.
Undergraduate Research Program Office General Responsibilities and Tasks
- Document and communicate aggregate UR data and information through progress reports, with special emphasis on UR grants
- Participate in research relevant to program evaluation and development
- Assist with promotion for UR services and activities across the disciplines and to diverse stakeholders
- Support the production of communications material including informational documents, stories, photography, video, website and social media content
- Contribute to the design of and, occasionally, lead information sessions
- Participate in the editing of articles for URJe, NUR, and other publications
- Develop and maintain various UR activities including EURECA, UREAD, UR guide, awards for excellence and the authors’ challenge
The Authors’ Challenge (TAC) Responsibilities and Tasks
- Act as the main contact point for students involved in TAC workshops to help them to arrange access to equipment and coordinate submissions
- Act as he main contact person for all enquiries related to TAC from students, faculty, practitioners, service providers and any general queries
- Coordinate with human resources, and any other department and individuals, on matters relating to pay and planning
- Communicate and coordinate the work among service providers involved in delivering the project
- Responsible for project information and that it is readily available for dissemination to campus wide social media, provision of relevant content and its dissemination
- Responsible for planning and managing student information sessions and writing workshops
- Initiate and sustain outreach with campus publications and student associations: through arranging articles about different kinds of multimodal writing with other writers as well as for promotional articles and short features for student publications
- Manage logistics and oversee the successful delivery of workshops by providing support to the competition chairs, faculty, practitioners, and student participants
- Write up reports including final cycle reports
- Responsible for day-to-day running of the project and for managing the winner announcement event
- Responsible for planning and executing any activities relating to TAC and the annual Research and Creativity Convention (RCC).
- Perform any other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree with evidence of writing and research
- Minimum of seven years of experience in a relevant field
- Demonstrated writing experience is essential
- Strong organizational abilities
- Perfect command of spoken and written English and excellent reading and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, cross-cultural and communications skills
- Good reporting skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Agility and flexibility to cope in changing environments and multitasking
- Strong project management and research skills
The position is open until August 31, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Competency By Design (Cbd) Coordinator, University of Alberta, Canada, about 11 hours ago
This competition is restricted to internal candidates or applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months. This position is primarily located at the Lois Hol...
Senior Executive, Case Study Unit, National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 2 hours ago
Senior Executive, Case Study Unit - 00DMR Description To support the operations of Case Study Unit (CSU) and Social Inclusion Project (SIP) by carrying out administrative duties, project managemen...
Full Professor Of Computing (Multimodal Information Processing), Dublin City University, Ireland, 8 days ago
Full Professor of Computing (Multimodal Information Processing) Permanent Contract DCU School of Computing Faculty of Engineering and Computing The Senior Academic Leadership Initiative Applicati...
Program Coordinator, University of Alberta, Canada, 7 days ago
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits . This competition is open to all applicants however internal candidates and applicants who w...
Research Manager, University of Alberta, Canada, about 11 hours ago
Reporting to the Trustholder, the Research Manager will be responsible for supporting the research program of the Trustholder by providing executive-level assistance in financial and administrativ...
Assistant Professor In Applied Perception In The Digital Age, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 8 hours ago
Are you fascinated by applied perception in the digital age? Position Assistant Professor Department(s) Department of Industrial Engineering & Innovation Sciences Reference number V39.4644 Job des...