Reports to: Senior Officer, Technology Licensing
Purpose: The job holder will support in all aspects of the University's technology transfer operations (with a focus on innovations from the physics, electronics, and computer science and engineering areas, including identifying, protecting, marketing and licensing out innovations, managing license compliance, and supporting day-to-day operations of the Office of Technology Transfer (TTO), as well as liaising with other organizations across the University as a whole.
S/he will play an active role in fostering a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship on campus and maximizing the University’s local economic development impact through technology transfer
Intellectual Property Portfolio Management
- Execute assigned scouting plan to serve all on-campus innovators in designated disciplines while building faculty trust through consistent and meaningful contact
- Support the office team in the analysis and modification of the scouting plan periodically
- Carry out technology market and patentability research using all available research tools and resources as well as other means as necessary
- Analyze and develop technology assessment reports for every innovation disclosure based on market and patentability research and report results to the office director for discussion and approval
- Support and manage, in coordination with the office director, the prosecution of designated innovation cases including patent drafting, filing, application conversions, and dropping prosecution of applications deemed no longer worth pursuing
- Supervise office interns (if any) and any future positions reporting to the Officer towards the successful implementation of the TTO’s mission
- Employ current technologies for effective office administration and management of all technology transfer data for effective office management, assessment, reporting, archiving, prospecting, and improvement. Such data includes agreements, patent and other documents and deadlines, assessments, office metrics, prospect interactions, incoming and outgoing payments
Prospecting and External Community Engagement
- Assist in developing target-audience-appropriate marketing strategies and content for designated AUC technologies and innovations, in coordination with all relevant cross-functional campus offices, towards successful prospecting of licensee outreach
- Develop concepts and content for the office website, events, databases and other marketing vehicles to increase visibility of the University's technologies and research faculty, in coordination with the Office of Communications
- Engage prospective licensees through local and international calls, online engagements, conference and tradeshow engagements, and meetings
- Ensure confidentiality of AUC intellectual assets while prospecting and secure confidentiality agreements, when relevant, for technologies being considered for licensing
- Actively support negotiation for all technology licenses in designated discipline areas, in coordination with relevant cross-functional offices as each case necessitates
- Research and Design meaningful valuation models and strategies for technologies under consideration for licensing, in coordination with the office team
- Monitor and manage, in coordination with the office director, all post-license deal compliance for University licensees including ensuring diligence milestones are met, royalty and other payment collection, sound reporting of relevant activities and sales
General Engagement and Support for University Community
- Establish and offer, in concert with the office team, effective mechanisms for IP and commercialization awareness on campus for students, faculty and staff such as lectures, workshops, and events
- Provide advice to faculty, students and staff on general IP matters and matters relating to the University IP policy
- In collaboration with Office of Communications, coordinate and oversee the continuous production of electronic and print material on AUC innovations and scientific research
- Support office efforts to secure grants and develop programs and partnerships that further AUC’s mission towards making significant contributions to Egypt and the international community
- Perform any other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Bachelor degree in science or engineering
- Studies and expertise in the electronics, physics, computer science and engineering space is a plus
- At least three to five years of experience with technology licensing in the area of physical sciences and Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Previous knowledge/experience with legal requirements for patenting inventions, and issues relating to licenses, contracts and tech transfer are a plus
- Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic language, written and spoken
- Attention to details and very good organization skills
- Very good communication skills
- Problem solving skills, high level of creativity
- Multi-tasker and can work under pressure
- Strong project management skills, ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in graphic, visual design, animation, video production and social media engagement is a huge plus
- Experience with CRM systems such as salesforce is a plus
This position is open until September 5, 2021
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Executive Director For Innovation & Commercialization (Job Id: 42273), University of Louisville, United States, about 20 hours ago
Job ID: 42273 Location: VP for Research Minimum Qualifications Master's degree in a related field and seven years of related experience. Additional experience may be used on a one-to-one basis to...
Technology Development Specialist, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, 13 days ago
Reporting to the Senior Technology Development Manager, the Technology Development Specialist (TDS) is required to identify promising technologies and drive the development of innovative products ...
Senior Manager Ip , Silicon Austria Labs, Austria, about 13 hours ago
Your future responsibilities Execution and continuous refinement of the SAL IP strategy. Provision of recommendations for actions for all IP-related issues. Management of the complete SAL IP portf...
Entrepreneur Minded Chemist Wanted For Tech Transfer Project!, Institute of Biological and Chemical Systems – Functional Molecular Systems (IBCS-FMS / Institute of Organic Chemistry (IOC), Karlsruhe Institute of Technology in cooperation with Blasco group and Mastalerz group (Heidelberg University), Germany, 24 days ago
Commercialization of porous architectures produced by 3D printing Institute of Biological and Chemical Systems – Functional Molecular Systems (IBCS-FMS / Institute of Organic Chemistry (IOC), Karl...
Lecturer, Fin Tech, School Of Computing, Advanced Computing For Executives Unit, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
Short Description The NUS School of Computing (SoC) traces its roots back to the Nanyang University Department of Computer Science that was established in 1975. Since then, SOC has developed into...
Program Coordinator Sr, Asu Chandler Innovation Center, Arizona State University, United States, 19 days ago
72327BR Campus: Tempe Program Coordinator Sr Job Description The J. Orin Edson Entrepreneurship + Innovation Institute (Edson E+I) Place-based Innovation Spaces (PBIS) are sites throughout the ASU...