Reports to: Principal Investigator & Director, Public Policy Hub
Purpose : The job holder should work under the framework of the school’s communications strategy. He/ she should support the school build awareness of its programs and achievements through relevant social media, branding, publications, events and research as requested.
- Develop and refine The Public Policy HUB strategy on communication and public relations (PR), systematically plan and manage communication activities as well as update communication and PR concepts, methods and instruments
- Contribute to the planning and development of advocacy and communication activities and efficiently deliver organizational and logistical requisites
- Develop and execute social media strategy through platform identification, messaging and audience identification and research
- Implement standards and guidelines for The Public Policy HUB’s communication activities and ensure a consistent image of the unit
- Organize the exchange of communication with professionals from our partners and stakeholders
- Identify new trends in digital promotion and advocacy and recommend new methods
- Liaise with the communication office at AUC and work closely with the Office of Marketing Communication and Public Affairs to develop marketing and communication plans for events and outreach activities as needed
- Analyze the marketing strategy and devise new updated strategies that are aligned with the program’s objectives according to target and budget
- Promote community awareness of the programs through marketing our events
- Manage marketing communications and set targets to increase brand awareness and increase customer engagement
- Manage the production and editing of audiovisual promotional materials and videos for The Public Policy HUB's activities
- Ensure high quality of communication and PR materials from the publications (e.g. policy papers, publications, articles and others)
- Coordinate the cooperation with external communication and PR service providers (e.g. consultants, agencies, photographers, trainers, writers) and assuring the quality of all produced materials of the HUB
- Assist in the coordination and organization of HUB's activities and conferences
- Manage social media platforms for the program including, YouTube channel, Facebook page, Instagram and Twitter and adapting content to suit different channels
- Manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions
- Monitor, track, analyze and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook insights
- Recommend improvements to increase presence on different social media channels
- Manage the program webpage on the AUC website and regularly update the content and design for the different sections
- Support the restructuring and updating/editing of the program webpages by using content management systems, as well as designing and developing content for the website
- Research and write a range of content to promote the program including newsletter, stories, event materials, publications and website content, as appropriate
- Deliver training for The Public Policy HUB participants on advocacy and different video software needed for the video production phase
- Perform any other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in mass communications or relevant field of study
- A master’s degree is an asset
- Minimum 7 years of experience in communications/marketing or a relevant field
- Excellent English writing skills
- Working knowledge in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Windows Movie Maker and iMovie is considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Takes initiative and works with minimum supervision
- Capable of working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Creative, team player with problem-solving skills
This position is open until April 2, 2023
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted.
"The American University in Cairo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply."
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Executive Assistant (Publicity) Wang Zizhuo Project, School Of Data Science, THE CHINESE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG - SHENZHEN, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Post Specification Key Duties and Responsibilities Assist the publicity manager with content creation, social media calendar, channel optimization, etc., and assist with collecting and analyzing s...
Web And Digital Media Coordinator, University of British Columbia, Canada, 2 days ago
Staff - Non Union Job Category M&P - AAPS Job Profile AAPS Salaried - Information Services, Level A Job Title Web and Digital Media Coordinator Department UBCO | Administrative Support | Dean's Of...
Faculty Positions, School Of Film And Television Arts (All Ranks), XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU), United Kingdom, 15 days ago
School: School of Film and Television Arts Position: Faculty Positions, School of Film and Television Arts (All Ranks) Position Information: Open Rank Academic Discipline: Digital Media Arts, Film...
Faculty Position, School Of Film And Television Arts (Open Ranks) , ;, China, 11 days ago
Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University – School of Film and Television Arts Position Information: Open Rank Academic Discipline: Digital Media Arts, Film Production and Management, TV and Stream Me...
Director Of Digital Strategy, Harvard University, United States, 5 days ago
21-Sep-2023 Harvard University Press 63861BR Job Summary Harvard University Press seeks an experienced Director of Digital Strategy to join its international team of publishing professionals. The ...
Communications Specialist, Harvard University, United States, 5 days ago
21-Sep-2023 Faculty of Arts and Sciences 63700BR Job Summary The Communications Specialist is responsible for managing all aspects of CAS’s communications strategy and policy. The communications p...