Reports to: Manager, Labor Market Information
Purpose: The job holder is responsible for providing technical, administrative, and operational support to the development and implementation of an integrated capacity development program related to labor market information for University Centers for Career Development (UCCD) staff at partner universities. He/she will provide technical and operational support to the design and implementation of the UCCD labor market research program including conducting enterprise surveys, employer round tables and tracer studies at partner universities.
- Develop a database for the key governmental and non-governmental organizations involved in shaping labor market policies and trends both at the national and local governorates levels
- Map the key international and national organizations involved in labor market research in Egypt. Collect the most relevant and significant knowledge products such as reports, studies, statistics, data produced by these organizations
- Under the supervision of the manager, monitor the developments in the Egyptian labor market in terms of employment trends, supply and demand issues, and legislation/regulations
- Develop an array of information and communication materials and set ups to regularly introduce labor market knowledge products relevant to the Egyptian context to the UCCD staff at partner universities
- Assist in the development, validation, and regular update of an integrated and interactive capacity building program in labor market research for the UCCD staff at partner universities
- Manage the implementation of the different modules of the labor market research capacity building program for UCCD staff at partner universities
- Assist in the development of a sound labor market research program including bi-annual enterprise survey and tracer studies, and annual employer round table meetings at partner universities
- Manage the implementation of the labor market research program at partner universities; collaborate with the UCCDs in planning the research studies, training data collectors, overseeing data collection, entry, and cleaning, and facilitate data analysis and reporting
- Assist in the recruitment and management of labor market research consultants/firms to support the design and implementation of the capacity building and labor market research program for UCCDs at partner universities
- Collaborate with the UCCD administration team on regular basis to plan and implement the UCCD activities and interventions related to labor market research and analysis
- Assist in the development of the UCCD project quarterly and annual progress reports
- Perform any additional duties as require
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Degree in economics or social sciences
- Master’s degree in economics or social sciences is preferred
- 7 years of work experience with 3-5 years of experience in labor market research in Egypt
- Experience in developing and managing labor market research studies and training programs
- Demonstrated ability to develop technical reports, presentations, infographics, fact sheets, and other communication materials
- Passion to support youth through labor market research
- Team Player
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Demonstrated communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Operational proficiency in English and Arabic
- Operational proficiency in Microsoft Office, and data analysis packages such as SPSS
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Mobile and willing to travel within Egypt
This position is open until March 29, 2023
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted.
"The American University in Cairo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply."
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Senior Executive, SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
External RelationsJob Description Be the primary point of contact and build long-term relationships with clients and partners. Develop a thorough understanding of the clients’ positions in the mar...
International Pr And Branding (Prb) Manager, XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU), United Kingdom, 9 days ago
Position information: Department/Office: IBSS Number of vacancy: 1 Salary grade: Competitive Report to: The Deputy Dean of IBSS Contact E-mail: Ye.Lan@xjtlu.edu.cn Roles & Responsibilities: Resear...
Nano Foundries And Fine Analysis – Digital Infrastructure (Nffa Di) Pnrr, Politecnico di Milano - Area ricerca, Innovazione e Rapporti con le Imprese - POLIFAB, Italy, 25 days ago
16 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Politecnico di Milano - Area ricerca, Innovazione e Rapporti con le Imprese - POLIFAB Research Field Physics Researcher Profile Recognised Research...
Assistant/Associate Professor In Applied Mathematics, QATAR UNIVERSITY, Qatar, 14 days ago
26 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company QATAR UNIVERSITY Research Field Physics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Qatar Application Deadlin...
Specialist Marketing, University of Otago, New Zealand, 5 days ago
Specialist Marketing-2300831 EXTERNAL ENGAGEMENT DIVISION MARKETING SERVICES About our team/Mō te tīma Founded over 150 years ago, the University of Otago is New Zealand's first and oldest Univers...
Assistant/Associate Professor In Applied Mathematics, QATAR UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
College/Department Profile Qatar University Profile: Qatar University is the national institution of higher education in Qatar. It provides high quality undergraduate and graduate programs that pr...