Purpose: The job holder will assist in the implementation of all HR functions for the grant’s operation under the supervision of the director, HR Business Partner- Grants such as staff affairs, talent management, compensation and benefits for externally funded positions. The jobholder will also assist in the grant administration process and support Principal Investigators in managing external projects/grants.
- Support in the creation of organization structures that meets the need of new grants, in agreement with the director, HR Business Partner- Grants and Principle Investigators (PIs)
- Develop new job descriptions, assess them and assign job levels in collaboration with the director, HR Business Partner- Grants
- Propose position titles and reporting lines, if need be, based on the information provided in the grants’ award summaries and PIs
- Handle the HR process for grant-recruitment; through posting announcements; screening resumes; interviewing candidates; making selection decision with the PIs; and preparing the necessary recruitment paperwork to finalize appointment and securing approvals
- Ensure the delivery and compliance of the externally funded staff’s performance appraisal within the set timeframe and boundaries
- Responsible for hiring procedures (i.e. issue contracts, prepare employees personal files, documentation related to end of probation period and contract period for renewals, resignation, leaves, monthly overtime, exit clearance form
- Review, process and assess service level agreements requested by PIs
- Assist in the implementation of compensation requests (promotions, reclassifications, transfers, merit increments, salary recommendations) in collaboration with director, HR Business Partner- Grants, to ensure that internal equity, consistency and integrity are maintained as well as availability of fund and alignment with Grant’s award summary
- Handle benefits programs (pension plans, schooling loan, medical coverage, life insurance coverage) for externally funded staff and informs PIs of benefits costs and programs
- Respond to any inquiries arising around HR processes for externally funded staff regarding equal employment opportunities, performance appraisals, staff relations, compensation, and employee benefits and providing advice on policies and guidelines
- Maintain and update SAP organization management module with any necessary data related to any changes in:
i. Organizational structure: creation of new organization unit(s) and new position(s), status of position (vacant, eliminated, frozen, released, filled) and position’s relationships
ii. Staff: hiring, LWOP, contract renewal, salary charges, salary increases, internal transfer, pension plan, medical deductions
- Create and maintain efficient filling system for all historical and current records
- Prepare necessary reports and analysis related to each grant as per request
- Responsible to issue all required official HR letters (loan letter, HR letters for embassies or other parties)
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field
- HR certification (HR Diploma or CPHRC) is an asset
·Minimum eight years of experience, with at least three years in a multi-cultural environment with particular emphasis on HR functions
·Experience staffing/recruiting, developing job descriptions, creating organization structures and compensation within an education industry is an asset
·Familiarity and experience with the grant cycle and operations is a plus
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse community
- Strong attention to details and the ability to prioritize while handling pressure
- Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic, both written and spoken
- Computer literate, including demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, Org Plus and SAP is an asset
The position is open until October 22, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Assistant Manager, Compensation And Benefits, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 7 hours ago
Human Resources Job Description The Assistant Manager (Compensation and Benefits) supports the development, review and implementation of Compensation, Benefits and Performance Management policies,...
Senior Consultant, Compensation, University of Alberta, Canada, about 3 hours ago
The University of Alberta’s Human Resources, Health, Safety and Environment (HRHSE) portfolio is searching for a collaborative and client-focused senior compensation professional to join our Organ...
Business Operations Manager, University of Central Florida, United States, about 11 hours ago
Located in Arecibo, Puerto Rico, the Arecibo Observatory houses scientists and other professionals who contribute to advancements and research in Astronomy, Atmospheric, Planetary and other scient...
Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor In Business Informatics Or Information Systems , German University In Cairo ;, Egypt, 10 days ago
The German University in Cairo invites applications for the vacancy to be filled effective October 2021 or February 2022. Position Description and Qualifications: Teaching assignments encompass gr...
Lead Hr Partner, EMBL, Worldwide, about 17 hours ago
This role is situated at EMBL Heidelberg and manages a team of three HR Partners and is responsible for delivering a high quality service to the groups, teams, units and managers across EMBL’s fiv...
Pec Coordinator , Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology, New Zealand, 5 days ago
Full Time Application Closes 07 May 2021 Bay of Plenty - Bay of Plenty Human Resources Assistant, Except Payroll and Timekeeping Kia ora koutou, We have an exciting PEC Co-Ordinator secondment or ...