Reports to: Manager, Educational Development and Assessment
Purpose: Under the supervision of the manager, educational development, and assessment this position entails working closely with faculty members to provide support and pedagogical consultations and assisting them in integrating technology to enhance teaching and learning at AUC. The job holder will also collaborate in designing and facilitating workshops for faculty, teaching assistants, and graduate students and will conduct assessment activities that yield information on teaching and learning matters as well as on the assessment of CLT's programs and services. The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating and managing CLT activities relating to the formative assessment of learning and teaching.
- Contribute to projects to develop appropriate instructional and assessment strategies for different contexts, including blended learning
- Support faculty and collaborate with educational development team members to provide pedagogical assistance in the planning of instructional materials (such as rubrics) for specific pedagogical objectives
- In collaboration with CLT multimedia team members, provide support to faculty in adopting new technologies, and in using these technologies to improve teaching and learning
- Under the guidance of senior educational development and assessment CLT members, contribute to educational design support with AUC's blended and online learning initiative as needed
- Provide formative assessment support for Faculty
- Assess the effectiveness of new pedagogical and/or technological innovations on teaching and learning perform classroom observations upon faculty request
- Support focus group facilitation with faculty and students upon need
- Conduct a confidential formative assessment of teaching/learning through Small Group Instructional Diagnosis (SGID), and/or through individualized mid-semester surveys, including providing: pre and post assessment consultations. Written report with recommendations
- Contribute to the continual assessment of CLT's programs and services (STA Program, workshops, mid-semester assessments)
- Support CLT classroom action research projects as needed
- Participate in outreach activities and CLT events activities including annual symposium and conferences
- Work within teams, across the educational development and assessment unit, and collaborate on projects within the CLT based on the need and nature of the project.
- Perform any other related tasks as assigned.
Minimum Education Requirement :
- Bachelor's degree in a related field a plus
- Experience :
- At least five-seven years of experience
- Previous experience in related fields-related teaching and learning field is preferred
- Experience in training faculty
- Experience using technology in an educational environment
- Experience with assessments of diverse learning environments
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills
- Research and data analysis skills
- Very proficient with MS Office, Google Apps, and Web 2.0
- Potential to learn, use and adapt new software specifically connected with instructional technology
- Excellent ability to communicate technical information in a non-technical fashion
- Flexibility to deliver training to multiple levels of competencies of individuals
- Initiative to propose and oversee new ideas and approaches to develop the department and university
The position is open until November 2, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Academic Technologist , Central European University ;, Austria, 12 days ago
Starting date: Negotiable between March 1, 2021 and August 1, 2021 The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) at Central European University (CEU) invites applications for a full-time Academic Tec...
Associate Professor In Industrial Marketing, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden, about 22 hours ago
The research unit Industrial Marketing is a part of the Department of Business Administration, Technology and Social Sciences, which has approximately 200 employees who conduct research and educat...
Academic Technologist, Central European University, Hungary, about 5 hours ago
Position: Staff Location: Vienna Status: Full-time Unit: Center for Teaching and Learning E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Open for Employee Referral Application deadline date: December 6, 2020 Starting ...
Field Supervisor, McGill University, Canada, 1 day ago
Position Summary & Primary Responsibilities McGill's Internships & Student Affairs Office (ISA) engages Field Supervisors to work throughout and beyond the Greater Montreal region to: In collabora...
Senior Lecturer / Lecturer, Medical Education, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 21 days ago
Senior Lecturer/ Lecturer, Medical Education The Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKCMedicine) invites applicants with substantial experience of medical education and a track record of teaching ...
Director Of Center For Teaching And Learning / 教师教学发展中心主任, New York University, United States, about 5 hours ago
NYU Shanghai seeks a Director of Center for Teaching and Learning. Reporting to the Provost of NYU Shanghai, the Director will spearhead and implement innovative programming focused on fostering e...