Purpose: Manage the implementation and coordination of three of CARES’ community project activities. This will include the planning, coordination, implementation and control of the projects within AUC and with other partners as well.
- Assist the manager in managing and controlling the project team and the implementation of all projects’ activities and deliverables including AUC’s and partners’ deliverables
- Manage the budget of the assigned project and prepare necessary reports, along with the financial officers
- Liaise with partners and keep open channels of communication to achieve projects’ deliverables according to the planned timeline
- Schedule and organize meetings/events and prepare and maintain minutes and agenda
- Keep updated records, create reports and assist in developing a proper monitoring and evaluation process for the project
- Update the grant provider by reporting to them the project’s updates and uploading reports and deliverables on time
- Track the progress of partners and team members in each assigned work package and report back to the community projects manager and Principal Investigator (PI)
- Assist the manager in reviewing the work of the partners and ensure the quality of their work by making necessary revisions and producing the final version of the training materials/assessment/dissemination material/ reports
- Carry out necessary research of sustainable development or projects’ related practices
- Evaluate the project process and results and provide recommendations for further improvement
- Participate in the development of a dissemination and visibility plan and materials and/or website
- Organize and oversee dissemination events and workshops, including developing materials, preparing agendas, list of invitees, outreach work to reach the community members
- Travel inside or outside Egypt to carry out project activities or attend meetings and training workshops as required
- Perform other duties as required
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (natural sciences or environmental issues such as climate change, biodiversity, agriculture or equivalent)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA) or Master of Science (MSc) in development or relevant area is preferred
· Minimum eight years of experience, including three years of professional experience in managing and coordinating community projects
- Strong strategic planning and project management skills are necessary to set and evaluate progress against goals, develop plans and timelines, establish policies and procedures, and manage data to meet tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with partners, donors and other relevant stakeholders and personnel associated with this program
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, and able to handle multiple projects at once
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and effectiveness in problem-solving
The position is open until January 7, 2021
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Senior Officer For Communication / Work Package Leader Impulse Horizon 2020 Project (# Of Pos: 2), ELI Delivery Consortium AISBL, Czech, 9 days ago
Background information and position description Position Overview The position is for the role of “Senior Officer for Communication”. The selected candidate is responsible for managing the key ‘Co...
Director Research Projects, Infectious Disease, Arizona State University, United States, 3 days ago
65710BR Off-Campus: Scottsdale Dir Research Projects CAS Job Description Under administrative direction, plans, organizes, directs, and supervises overall management of multiple concurrent, comple...
Director Research Projects, Cardiovascular Disease, Arizona State University, United States, 3 days ago
65708BR Off-Campus: Scottsdale Dir Research Projects CAS Job Description Plans, organizes, directs, performs and supervises overall management of multiple concurrent complex, multi-stage research ...
Director Research Projects, Neurology Psychiatry, Arizona State University, United States, 3 days ago
65709BR Off-Campus: Scottsdale Dir Research Projects CAS Job Description Plans, organizes, directs, performs and supervises overall management of multiple concurrent complex multi-stage research p...
Project Manager For Deds H2020 Msca Itn, Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB), Belgium, 24 days ago
Université Libre De Bruxelles (ULB) seeks a Project Manager for the administration of the European Joint Doctorate in *Data Engineering for Data Science* (DEDS), funded by the EU Horizon 2020 Mari...
Research Coordinator , University of Alberta, Canada, about 19 hours ago
This competition is open to all applicants, however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority considera...