Purpose: The accreditation officer is responsible for supporting the manager of academic assessment and accreditation for the School of Business, in the development of accreditation action plans, follow-up reports, as well as coordinating and producing reports among the school and university’s various required accreditation reviews: Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), Environmental Quality Information System (EQUIS), Association of MBAs (AMBA), Middle States, Supreme Council of Universities (SCU) and, National Authority for Quality Assurance and Accreditation of Education (NAQAAE).
- Formulating and editing accreditation related annual/update reports, self-assessment reports, appendices and factsheets, submitted to EQUIS, AMBA and AACSB
- Preparing accreditation base rooms which incorporate additional information requested by the accrediting institution, during the visit, and displaying the information requested in a professional, presentable and arranged manner
- Assembling and organizing data from different stakeholders involved in the accreditation process, to present it in the requested accreditation reports, and to produce the annual AAA Data Report
- In addition, maintaining confidential records of faculty, staff, and student data
- Completing the annual Business School Questionnaire (BSQ), submitted to AACSB, as well as formulating a comprehensive report of records which provides a detailed illustration on how every piece of information was obtained, analyzed or calculated. Also, providing a mapping document to facilitate the data collection for the following annual submission
- Formulating and editing accreditation reports submitted to the SCU, for all academic programs and ensuring the documents’ consistency and alignment with any new standards introduced
- Handling the logistics related to accreditation visits, mock visits, orientations, and meetings
- Taking professional minutes of accreditation related meetings and pre-accreditation visit orientations
- Keeping track of accreditation payments due
- Assist in all accreditation related activities
- Assist with the academic assessment when needed
- Follow-up assignments, responsibilities and deadlines set by the manager of academic assessment and accreditation; collaborating and sharing workload when necessary
- Plan accreditation related budget and expenses
- Supervise the academic improvement specialist
- Develop the timeline for accreditation relayed tasks timeline
- Handle the bi-annual departments’ orientation presentations
- Prepare the Communication Skills for Business presentations
- Prepare the orientation meetings and mock visits including:
- Content presented
- Communicating standards
- Answering all accreditation related inquiries by faculty and staff
- Ensure that all accreditation requirements, policies, and previous recommendations are voiced to all stakeholders
- Work as the school’s contact point for the University’s committee for Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCH) accreditation
- Manage the collection and analysis of information and answer questions regarding the accreditation process
- Collecting, interpreting, evaluating, and clarifying existing and potential data
- Handling the application, reports, appendices, and all documents related to the newly offered AABS accreditation and using these documents as a benchmarking tool to other universities
- Handle special projects as deemed appropriate.
- Ensure that accreditation requirements, including compliance with accrediting standards, are incorporated among other institutional goals and objectives, and into the planning and evaluation process of the school.
- Provide assistance and support in effectively communicating research and report results.
- Perform any other related tasks as assigned.
Minimum Education Requirement:
- University degree is required
- Seven to nine years of previous experience including two years in related field
- Excellent command of English and Arabic, written and spoken.
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication and administration skills.
- Ability to work in teams
- Strong Computer skills (Excel, Word)
The position is open until July 26, 2021
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Economics Professor At Nova School Of Business And Economics (All Ranks) (# Of Pos: 3), Nova School of Business and Economics, Portugal, 28 days ago
Position: Assistant, Associate or Full (tenure track) Professor in the field of Economics Field(s) of specialization: Economics – Any field Starting date: September 1st , 2022 Institution: Nova Sc...
Educationalist (Onderwijskundige) (0.8 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 20 hours ago
Faculty of Economics and Business The Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB) has approximately 7,000 students and 500 staff members who form an informal, personal and inspiring academic community...
Teaching Fellow/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor In Accounting , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 11 hours ago
DEPARTMENT: Department of Accounting, International Business School Suzhou (IBSS) POSITION TITLE: Teaching Fellow/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor in Accounting LOCATION: Suzhou, China SALA...
Lecturer In Accounting, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, about 19 hours ago
« Back to Jobs Lecturer in Accounting Location: Pipitea Type: Permanent Post Date: Tue Aug 24 02:41:58 2021 Ref: 2176 Do you possess a PhD or other relevant qualifications commensurate with the ro...
Senior Lecturer, Corporate Environmental Management, University of Jyväskylä, Finland, 22 days ago
Jyväskylä University School of Business and Economics (JSBE) is currently seeking to recruit staff to the position of Senior Lecturer in Corporate Environmental Management. The position is fixed-...
Student Wellbeing Officer Faculty Of Economics And Business (0.8 1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, 11 days ago
Faculty of Economics and Business University of Groningen – Faculty of Economics and Business The Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB) has approximately 7,000 students and 500 staff members who...