Purpose: The general purpose of the job is to manage all technical aspects of SCE’s testing and assessment services and projects for SCE departments and external clients/organizations; assist in developing and managing a new structure and process for SCE’s test development and assessment services; assist in establishing an internal management audit process for SCE’s testing and assessment systems and processes.
- Develop new tests and testing services that satisfy market needs
- Manage various internal and external test development activities including procurement of language reading texts as needed, passage rating activities as needed, item writing, quality assurance reviews, field testing, item selection, and test form construction
- Develop test development project schedules and staffing for each test development project
- Supervise key test development project staff including passage raters, item writers, editors, graphic designers and external reviewers
- Recruit and conduct training workshops for all SCE raters, speaking examiners, passage raters and item writers
- Evaluate the performance of test development project staff as well as speaking examiners and raters
- Participate with SCE’s psychometric consultant in testing and assessment validation projects performing statistical analysis and reporting on the findings as needed
- Maintain and enhance ETAD’s item bank
- Provide technical support and consultation on achievement tests and assessments for various SCE departments as needed
- Contribute to the professional development activities on testing, assessment and evaluation techniques to ETAD staff, SCE instructors and external clients/organizations as needed
- Lead Cambridge University Language Assessment Speaking Examiners to maintain high quality speaking examination procedures
- Set and update the system to ensure the security of all SCE test materials
- Assist in establishing an internal management audit process for SCE’s testing and assessment systems and processes test scoring system
- Perform any other additional tasks as assigned by the director
Minimum Education Requirement:
- MA required, preferably with an emphasis on testing, evaluation and assessment
- A minimum of five years’ experience in educational testing and assessment
- A minimum of five years’ experience in office administration, preferably in the educational field
- Teaching experience in continuing education is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and supervisory skills, with high ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups
- Good knowledge of basic statistics and ability to handle data analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, with excellent computer skills to handle testing and evaluation data
- Strong command of both English and Arabic; Speaking and writing
- Flexible working hours
- Work is assigned in any AUC location
The position is open until November 24, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Electronics Technician (Ep Ese Be 2020 141 Ld), CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research, Switzerland, 29 days ago
Introduction Are you a technician with skills in both electronics and software? Would you like to contribute to the success of CERN’s High Energy Physics experiments by providing a high-quality eq...
Ppdapi, Particle Physics Division, United States, about 23 hours ago
Application ID:FNAL -Particle Physics Division -PPDAPI [#17806] Application Title: Applications Physicist I (Test Beam Facility & Irradiation Test Area Assistant Manager) Application Type:Other L...
Lab Technician For The European Research Project Rapid Covid, Agencia Sanitaria Costa del Sol, Spain, 25 days ago
Lab technician linked to the Project "RAPID COVID"- Robust Automation and Point of Care IDentification of COVID, belonging to the European Framework Program for Research and Innovation Horizon 202...
Bb Blockchain – The Fallacy Of Blockchain In Urban Development: Beyond The Hype Of Power..., Università Politecnica delle Marche, Italy, 28 days ago
BBBlockchain is a participation platform designed to increase trust, transparency and participation in urban planning processes. Through the monitor of two pilot projects created to test the platf...
Process Operator In Cryogenic Test Facility (Tte Programme), CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research, Switzerland, 5 days ago
Are you an enthusiastic technician looking for a challenging professional experience to further your career? If so, joining CERN’s TTE programme may very well give you that challenge. Come and jo...
R&D In Embedded Firmware Development, Tekniker, Spain, 2 days ago
Tekniker is an R&D Center oriented to the transfer of technology through research projects. Advanced manufacturing: design and engineering of machine tools and capital goods, manufacturing process...