Reports to: Senior Director, Residential Life
Purpose: The manager for Programming and Training is the departmental leader for the development and management of Residential Life’s holistic student programming strategy. As the supervisor of full-time Resident Officers and, indirectly, 20 paraprofessional staff, the manager designs and executes a comprehensive training schedule to ensure job readiness and preparation.
- Manages First Year Residential Experience program (FYRE)
- Directly supervises and trains Resident Officers (RO)
- Initiates partnerships with international universities
- Conducts needs assessment, designs and executes Residential Life’s holistic programming model
- Recruits, interviews, selects, trains and evaluates Resident Advisors (RAs)
- Actively co-leads the Faculty in Residence program
- Oversees the living learning environment for 700 residents
- Increases participation of students in all Residential Life initiatives
- Co-leads in strategic planning for programming and training
- Manages programming and training budget
- Gathers feedback and assesses success of Residential Life programming and training
- Partners with Student Life and non-Student Life offices and programs, such as First Year Program
- Performs any other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Requirement :
· A Bachelor's degree is required; Master’s preferred
· At least six years of experience in residential life
· Culturally competent with forward-thinking views regarding diversity and inclusion
· Understanding of student developmental theory and best practices
· Motivational and flexible leadership and supervisory skills
· Multitasking and prioritizing is a must
· Good judgment and sound decision making
Level-headedness in managing emergencies, including immediate responses to individual and community concerns
The position is open until November 30, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Associate Dean, Special Programs, Dallas County Community College District, United States, about 1 hour ago
Apply now Job no:500959 Work type:Full-time Location:District Office Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00-5:00) Working Title Associate Dean, Special Programs Job Title Code ASY Salary Level E04 Sal...
Payroll Coordinator, Beloit College, United States, about 7 hours ago
The Human Resources Office is responsible for developing and implementing programs and services to meet the human resource needs, the fringe benefit needs, and the payroll needs of the College. Th...
Program Coordinator, Student Engagement, Arizona State University, United States, 6 days ago
64833BR Off-Campus: Scottsdale Program Coordinator Job Description Coordinates activities and functions to advance the Downtown Phoenix entrepreneurship experience for both Arizona State Universit...
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor Of Interior Design, College Of Arts And Creative Enterprises, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 5 hours ago
Description The University: Zayed University, a premier university in the United Arab Emirates, is an innovative institution based on an international model of higher education. With over 900 facu...
Program Director (Pediatrics Residency) , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 21 days ago
THE OPPORTUNITY This is currently a unique opportunity to join and contribute to the growing research and educational programs in Vinmec Healthcare System as well as the upcoming VinUniversity Col...
Female Sports And Recreation Coordinator, Student Leadership Department, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 5 hours ago
Description The Opportunity The Student Leadership Department seeks an incumbent for the position of Sports and Recreation Coordinator to enhance the profile of sports at the university, which inc...