Reports to: Associate Director Digital Education, CLT
Purpose: Under the supervision of the associate director for digital education, this position entails leading teams of CLT staff, and student technology assistants to work collaboratively in providing educational support during the design and development of challenging and engaging online, blended learning courses and eLearning modules. The job holder will be managing teams of instructional designers and working with instructional technologists and video services specialists, taking ownership of multifaceted instructional projects. This individual is primarily charged with leading CLT teams in supporting faculty on active learning and course design strategies within these courses as well as creating eLearning, interactive video, and other multimedia content to be used both synchronously and asynchronously.
- Lead teams of instructional designers and technologists in developing appropriate instructional strategies for different contexts
- Lead teams of instructional designers and technologists in the production of instructional materials for specific pedagogical objectives
- Take ownership to oversee the instructional design and development that is involved in assigned projects and ensure that the project is prioritized according to the given deadline. Supervise the design and development of eLearning content, including multimedia and eLearning modules working closely with CLT staff, faculty or content matter experts
- Apply design methodologies for eLearning
- Design authentic assessments and engaging course content incorporating active learning strategies
- Exhibit creative, flexible and innovative approach to course design
- Exhibit and apply knowledge and use of authoring tools to create material that meets the criteria of universal design, i.e., is accessible to different learners
- Exhibit and apply knowledge and use of content authoring resources including, but not limited to, video presentation, podcasting, animation, screen and video capture, and interactive multimedia
- In collaboration with CLT multimedia officers and others at CLT, provide guidance to faculty in adopting new technologies, and in using these technologies to improve teaching and learning
- Assist in the continual assessment of CLT's projects, programs and services that relate to di gital education, leading such work when in the scope of a smaller project
- Develop and facilitate workshops offered to faculty that relate to digital education
- Work closely with the coordinator of the STA program on strategic plans and initiatives of the program’s report on STA program activities regularly and plan for future directions
- Supervise budget of program and projections
- Assist the associate director for digital education in outreach to faculty
- Engage in the design and delivery of professional development programs or workshops offered by CLT
- Ensure they are always updated in their own knowledge of the latest trends in educational technology and eLearning, evaluating relevance to AUC's context, and disseminate this knowledge to the department and faculty at AUC where appropriate
- Regularly report to CLT associate director for di gital education on the latest trends in educational technology worthy of piloting at AUC Coordinate and facilitate an in-house professional development program for the department
- Facilitate workshops offered to all AUC faculty and Student Technology Assistants (STAS)
- Mentor, train, and provide guidance to newly hired CLT staff within the digital education unit
- Participate in CLT's event organization, leading those events that pertain to digital education
- Build networks of other educational technology leaders in Egypt, the region and the world, and leverage these networks where appropriate for professional development or CLT event organization
- Participate in activities that help establish AUC's position as a leader in di gital education in the region
- Participate in scholarship of teaching and learning activities related to digital education, sometimes leading such projects if within their own scope of work
- Perform any other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement :
- Master's degree in a related field
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with at least three years' experience in instructional design or instructional technology support
- Experience working in a center for learning and teaching is a plus
- Experience supporting blended, flipped, or online courses in a higher education environment. Minimum of two years' experience working with eLearning software (such as captivate or storyline)
- Experience in training faculty experience leading teams of instructional designers, or leading instructional design projects
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, team and organizational skills
- Exhibit creative, flexible and innovative approach to course desi gn (a portfolio will be required)
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize workflow, and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to identify the root causes of any issues related to the project and recommend effective solutions
- Potential to learn, use and adapt new software specifically connected with instructional desi gn and technology
- Excellent ability to communicate technical information in a non-technical fashion
- Excellent knowledge of learning management systems and Web 2.0
- Flexibility to deliver training to multiple levels of competencies of individuals
- Initiative to propose and oversee new ideas and approaches to develop in the area of digital education and CLT
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Research and data analyses skills
- Ability to think strategically
The position is open until January 25, 2021
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Occupational Therapist (Outpatient Oncology, Lymphedema, Neurological) Occupational Therapy (Job Id #139871), University of Illinois, United States, 15 days ago
Minimum Qualifications Required: Licensure or Eligibility for licensure as a registered occupational therapist by the State of Illinois under the condition that they have been issued a letter of a...
Junior E Class Support Analyst, University of Alberta, Canada, 1 day ago
This competition is open to all applicants, however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority considera...
Professor In New Frontiers In Design, Aalto University, Finland, 23 days ago
Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovativ...
Assistant Professor Or Associate Professor Of Design Creativity And Innovation , University of Aarhus ;, Denmark, 4 days ago
The School of Communication and Culture at Aarhus University invites applications for the position of either assistant professor or associate professor of design creativity and innovation based at...
Assistant Professor In Design Of Sustainable Energy Systems, University of Twente (UT), Netherlands, 10 days ago
The Department of Design, Production and Management (DPM) of the Faculty of Engineering Technology aims at understanding and improving design and engineering processes. Focal points in this resear...
Assistant Director Of Professional Development Program, Brown University, United States, 11 days ago
Job Description: The Assistant Director of Professional Development assesses needs and creates accessible elearning modules, while also designing, developing, facilitating and evaluating soft-skil...