Purpose: Responsible for the sourcing and procurement process of the University requirements from goods and services from any point on globe in the most competitive and timely manner, assist in handling the administrative functions related to the processing of the University needs and requirements. Achieving cost savings and maintaining quality performance. Participate in supplier selection and negotiation processes. Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of the buying team, and related workers, involved in purchasing of materials and services. Assist in developing and implementing the University purchasing policies and procedures. Assist in the budget process, the encumbrance management, and related functions, initiates, drafts, negotiate and administer the contracts related to the purchasing process. Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability and sources. The position requires a high degree of maturity, being conscientious and ethical to ensure control and the proper responsible expenditure of the University funds.
- Develop first-class service organizations that respond effectively to inquiries and engenders trust from the University community
- Ensure providing best customer service to internal clients of the procurement services unit in terms of quality, price and timely supply
- Determine proper sources of supply for most economical purchases from most competitive locally or international markets and to develop and maintain high level contact with key suppliers and service personnel
- Work with the procurement director and executive director in remapping of suppliers’ portfolios to increase the quality of the vendors per each cluster
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for all handled purchases
- Lead, manage and direct group of buyers who are responsible for top quality purchasing process
- Support in developing and implementing the purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures
- Manages and coordinates daily activities of personnel engaged in buying equipment, machinery, and supplies
- Reviews, analyzes and recommends solutions to complicated purchasing problems and transactions. Professionally resolve problems (both internal and external) in a fair and ethical manner while protecting the long-term interests of the University
- Maintain all necessary records of local, international purchases and Grants, quotations, prices, policies, procedures for the purchasing function and deliveries. Work with auditors, prepare and file the contracts and grants required papers regarding AID, ASHA and other Grants
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received. Effective proactive liaison with other departments as necessary to forecast. Plan to meet, and to supply demand on relevant quality
- Reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions and contracts, and ensures they are in accordance with relevant laws, policies and requirements
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials. Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids
- Assist in evaluating competitive offerings to determine the overall best offer for a product/service and the appropriate methods of procurement; conduct negotiation with potential suppliers to obtain agreement on pricing, delivery and other terms
- Prepare and analysis contracts, bids and agreements and work with legal office to draft proper contracts
- Prepare bid awards requiring senior administrators' approval
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales
- Negotiate and administer the purchasing contracts
- Represent the University in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers
- Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs
- Review purchase orders claims and contracts for conformance to the University policy
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against AUC
- Prepare reports, investigate complaints and secure adjustments, ensure standard compliance with legal requirements and make recommendations as to commodities which can be economically purchased on a contract basis
- Ensure a proper filing system of all local/International purchasing related documentation. May be responsible for preparing, overseeing and providing documents for audit purposes
- Supervise the follow-up and expediting of supplier deliveries to ensure orders timely fulfillment
- Effective proactive liaison with other departments as necessary to have a proactive plan
- Support in leading any new internal initiative project
- Responsible of internal project implementation to increase buying efficiency, including planning, implementation and execution phases
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- MBA in SCM is an asset.
- C.I.P.S procurement certification or C.S.C.P certification is an asset
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience within corporate and multinational companies
- Strong knowledge of Supply chain management best practices
- Strong communication skills, analytical skills, leadership skills, working under stress, high level of tolerance, problem solving, and diplomatic, strategic thinking
- Professional user of E.R.P, knowledge of SAP is an advantage
- Detailed oriented with high numerical skills
- High organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive negotiation skills
- High capability to manage multitasks simultaneously
- Must have a demonstrated passion for excellent customer service and commitment to exceptional quality
The position is open until Nov 17, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Strategic Sourcing Category Manager, Brown University, United States, 12 days ago
Job Description: Â Level 10 responsibilities: The Strategic Sourcing Category Manager position requires a seasoned strategic sourcing professional with a proven track record of success in identif...
Hard Services Specialist , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
About University Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly int...
Coordinator, Sponsored Programs (Pre Award), Dallas County Community College District, United States, 27 minutes ago
Apply now Job no:500974 Work type:Full-time Location:District Office Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 (Some nights and weekends) Working Title Coordinator, Sponsored Programs (Pre-Award) Job...
Purchasing Officer, University of Otago, New Zealand, 2 days ago
Purchasing Officer-2002157 SHARED SERVICES Who we are We are the Division of Shared Services, a team of highly skilled professional staff responsible for delivering an outstanding student and staf...
Buyer, Boston Children's Hospital, United States, 8 days ago
At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical...
Assistant Director, University Property Accounting, University of Illinois at Springfield, United States, about 14 hours ago
1. Serve as a significant member of the management team responsible for the overall leadership of University Property Accounting and Reporting (UPAR). Provide advice, counsel, and input into the E...