About The American University in Cairo:
Founded in 1919, AUC is the English-language leading liberal arts residential university among the premier universities in the region. AUC ranks first in Africa and in Egypt. AUC is accredited by Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools; its Engineering programs are accredited by ABET, its Chemistry program is accredited by the Canadian Society for Chemistry, and the School of Business is accredited by AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS. AUC is nested in New Cairo, in a state-of-the-art campus, with a campus in Tahrir Square, in one of the most vibrant, populous, and multicultural countries in Africa, and the Middle East.
The AUC Libraries and Learning Technologies School holds the largest English-language research collection in the region and are an active and integral leader of the University's pursuit of excellence in all academic and scholarly programs. LLT holds an array of primary materials, archives, special collections, rare books, and AUC records that are critical to research in the many areas of study and are of great importance to researchers in the region and abroad. LLT is a teaching unit with a Library Instruction Course that is a pass-fail core requirement for all undergraduate students at AUC and it is part of the AUC liberal arts core. All AUC graduates are expected to have passed the LALT course to complete graduation, regardless of their field of studies. LALT 1020, the core requirement library instruction course, is central to the student success work conducted by LLT. The course is an opportunity to further student success, graduate work, and lifelong learning in a global society were information is fundamental in private and professional realms.
The Business and Enterprise Instruction and Research Librarian (BEIRL) is a new position supporting one of the largest academic areas in the American University in Cairo, the School of Business. The BEIRL will be reporting to the Information and Digital Literacy Coordinator. This makes the BEIRL an active member of the Research and Instruction Services team. He or she is responsible for creating, marketing and delivering a wide range of business instruction in different settings and through different instruction modes. The incumbent is also responsible for developing business information guides and services to all users with an emphasis in business-acumen-building. This includes developing a business savvy integrated outreach strategy instruction plan, which includes supporting faculty teaching and research, as well as student literacy on business sources and trade information. The incumbent will be also designing and teaching instructional classes in face-to-face, online and hybrid modalities; providing in-person and research consultation and support services, course-specific instruction and educational workshops, collection development of business-specific information material, and other forward-looking library services in other topics. He or she will also teach the core course LALT 1020 and help move the course and RIS forward to enhance the quality of education at AUC and strengthen the AUC experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs, develops, facilitates, and assesses information literacy workshops in Business as part of the Libraries' teaching and learning program.
- Provides information literacy instruction including library orientation, general undergraduate instruction, upper division, and subject-specific information instruction in business or where needed.
- Collaborates with the library instruction team and beyond on initiatives and projects to advance teaching and learning, maximize user experience, utilize instructional technologies, and measure educational contributions.
- Contributes to student engagement initiatives by leading efforts to integrate Libraries within business student organizations and other co-curricular learning opportunities.
- Provides in-depth research consultations and assistance to patrons in the areas of Business and related disciplines in both face-to-face and online.
- Provides consultation with faculty to support their research and course development.
- Creates subject-based information and curricular resources in LibGuides and other platforms.
- Participates in shared departmental tasks and initiatives including assessment, data collection and analysis, collection management, copyright education, and evaluation of electronic resources.
- Works with the Collections team to develop the subject related collection in all formats; and maintains knowledge of emerging business resources nationwide, of regional relevance, and globally.
- Engages in outreach activities to support research, instructional offerings and information resources.
- Works with library administration to ensure the alignment of business library support with the accreditation requirements of the School of Business.
- Participates in library and university shared governance as a faculty librarian.
- Remain abreast of current developments in library and information sciences, particularly in the areas of business and enterprise information resources that serve the AUC School of Business.
- ALA-accredited master's degree in Library and Information Science. Candidates with equivalent business education and library experience will be considered (subject expertise combined with appropriate teaching experience and/or library experience).
- Capacity to respond effectively to changing needs and priorities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of academic and commercial business resources; knowledge of emerging trends and products in business-related library resources in all formats.
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in business, or economics, or computer science or social sciences is desirable.
- Two to three years of professional experience in an academic or business information setting or experience working in a corporate business environment is preferred.
- Commitment to a customer-centered service model that is responsive to and anticipates the distinctive needs of faculty, students, and other researchers
- Familiarity with assessment implementation and analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, respect and inclusion
This is a Faculty appointment at the rank of Instructor. Review of Applications will begin immediately.
All applicants must submit the following documents through the online system:
a) A current CV and b) a letter of interest, c) Applicants must also submit a completed Personnel Information Form; and d) at least three reference letters from referees familiar with your professional background sent directly to email@example.com.
Senior Lecturer / Lecturer In Strategic Management Or International Business, Northumbria University, Netherlands, 1 day ago
To support the further growth of both the Amsterdam Campus and Newcastle Business School, we are seeking exceptional candidates who can contribute to teaching and research in the fields of Strateg...
Full Time Lecturer In Business Information Management Opens External, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands, about 17 hours ago
You will be part of a strong community of 90 researchers and lecturers, including more than 40 PhD candidates in information systems, supply chain management, and innovation management. The depart...
Lecturer Finance, HAN University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands, 18 days ago
International School of Business is the business school of HAN (University of Applied Sciences) and offers English-taught programs in the business domain. What are your tasks? The successful appli...
Secretary Erd Department Sbe, 1.0 / 0.8 Fte, Maastricht University (UM), Netherlands, about 15 hours ago
Maastricht University / School of Business and Economics Maastricht University is renowned for its unique, innovative, problem-based learning system, which is characterized by a small-scale and st...
Professor Of Strategic Management , Trinity College Dublin, The University of Dublin ;, Ireland, 5 days ago
Location: Main Campus and TBSI, Trinity College Dublin, The University of Dublin. Salary: Appointment will be made on the 101 Professor’s Salary Scale B (€120,273 – €154,507 per annum) at a point ...
Lecturer Occupational And Business Psychology, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 17 hours ago
Lecturer Occupational and Business Psychology Faculty of Health & Life Sciences (HLS) £33,806 - £42,800 per annum As one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer some pretty impressive benefits i...