Reports to: Technical Operations Manager
Purpose: A Lab Engineer will be responsible for the operation and the maintenance of all electronics equipment in the Electronics and Communications Engineering laboratories and offices. The Lab Engineer will also be responsible for setting up labs and assisting students with technical problems.
- The operation and the maintenance of servers, computers, printers, Photocopiers, scanners. Sophisticated measurement equipment (oscilloscope - power supply – multimeter – signal generator - spectrum analyzer – EMC analyzer) Kits and development boards
- Set labs for appropriate courses
- Install and maintain various software, and troubleshooting problems with some hardware
- Assist students in how to use many scientific software (e.g. mentor graphics-cadence tools – synopsis)
- Prepare and maintaining the electronics engineering demo
- Maintain the department website
- Perform any other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement :
- BSc in electronics and communications engineering or related degree
- Three years of related work experience
- Good command of English (Spoken and written)
- Ability to handle various electric and electronic tools and equipment
- Good analytical skills
- Very good knowledge of computers, software, and network concepts
- Familiarity with VLSI software a plus
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
The position is open until November 9, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Laboratory Technician, College Of Technological Innovation, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
The Opportunity The College of Technological Innovation seeks an incumbent for the position of Laboratory Technician to operate and support heterogeneous computer laboratories and provide on-site ...
Research Engineer, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
Job Description Applied Materials-NUS Advanced Materials Corporate Laboratory has a Research Engineer opening in the field of semiconductor materials design and engineering. We are looking for ent...
Research Engineer, Scis, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Operation contract till 31 March 2022 Manager Bachelor Degree Masters Singapore Closing On 17 Feb 2021 About Us Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends t...
Opening Quantum Technology Lab Coordinator, Iqc/Tqt, University of Waterloo, Canada, about 1 hour ago
More Topics #jobs Quantum Technology Lab Coordinator Department: IQC/TQT Job Status: Temporary Full-Time Hiring Range: $52,527 – $65,659 Overview Term: 2 years The Quantum Technology Lab Coordinat...
Senior Silicon Photonic Design Engineer (F/M/D), Silicon Austria Labs (SAL), Austria, about 12 hours ago
In the network of science and industry, SAL offers research in the areas of Sensor Systems, RF Systems, Power Electronics, System Integration Technologies and Embedded Systems. SAL – a great pl...
Scientific Instrument Maintenance Expert, Fondazione Human Technopole, Italy, 18 days ago
*APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 10 Jan. 2021* HT is looking for a Scientific Instrument Maintenance Expert to join our Campus Development and Facility Management team. The role, reporting to the Team L...