Purpose: Provide first line basic IT support to the AUC community (students, faculty, staff, and administrators) in offices, classrooms, and events venues for all IT services. These services include, but not limited to assigning trouble tickets and respond to basic queries for software, applications, network connectivity (wired and wireless), e-mail, and voice services- through calls and emails, as well as other given tasks. Coordinate between IT and other departments and provide the highest standard of support to all AUC users while responding professionally and communicating efficiently with all IT challenges.
- Provide first level support and guidance to users starting with problems investigation, preliminary troubleshooting and resolution for basic encountered IT and AV related problems
- Perform “IT Help Desk" log functions, including receiving, entering, solving, assigning, follow-up and reporting, all IT and AV related problems
- Coordinate and follow-up end-user support and route specific problems to appropriate level specialized computing staff member for further investigation, troubleshooting, and solving
- Create departmental and part-time accounts and maintains AUC user accounts on the different system platforms (e-mail and applications)
- Provide orientation sessions to new comers before the start of a new semester
- Recommend procedure modifications or improvements
- Follow up with users to get feedback on problem handling/solving
- Represent other information technology staff members in a professional and respectful manner
- Determine the most effective way to resolve customer's technical issue
- Perform other duties as assigned and needed by supervisors and managers
Minimum Education Requirement:
- University degree, preferably IT related
- One - three years’ experience in IT user support environment
- Customer relations experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to deal with difficult and complex people and situations
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on shifts, overtime and on week-ends
- Knowledge of basic networks and PC related problems is an asset
- Knowledge of audio-visual equipment is an asset
The position is open until October 30, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Admissions Officer Amsterdam University College, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, about 4 hours ago
Amsterdam University College (AUC) is looking for a support staff colleague to join its Admissions & Registrar team as our Admissions Officer. We are committed to strengthening inclusivity and di...
Operation Specialist, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
Job Description The Operation Specialist will be responsible for planning, designing and delivering specialized workshops and activities and operating UAEU SIP Innovation Hub. Conducting innovatio...
Professor/Researcher; Associate Professor/Associate Researcher; Lecturer/Assistant Researcher In Arabic Language And Literature , Beijing Foreign Studies University ;, China, 6 days ago
The School of Arabic Studies was evolved from the Arabic program set up by the School of Foreign Affairs in 1958. In 1980, it took the lead to start the graduate program for Arabic Language and Li...
Bioimage Analyst At Cfim (Core Facility For Integrated Microscopy), University of Copenhagen (UCPH), Denmark, 12 days ago
*The Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen* Applications are invited for a position as Bioimage Analyst at the Core Facility for Integrated Microscopy (CFIM), the Faculty of Health ...
Light Microscopy Applications Specialist At Cfim (Core Facility For Integrated Microscopy), University of Copenhagen (UCPH), Denmark, 12 days ago
*The Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen* Applications are invited for a position as Microscopy applications specialist at the Core Facility for Integrated Microscopy (CFIM), the ...
Project Manager, Brown University, United States, 20 days ago
Job Description: The Project Manager is responsible for the planning, coordination and overall management of a variety of multidiscipline projects ranging in value from $50,000 to $5,000,000.Â Th...