Reports to: Assistant Director, Classroom Operations and Helpdesk Services
Purpose: The job holder will provide first-line basic IT support to the AUC community (students, faculty, staff and administrators) in offices, classrooms and event venues for all IT services. These services include, but not limited to assigning Trouble Tickets and respond to basic queries for software, applications, network connectivity (wired and wireless), e-mail, and voice services- through calls and emails, as well as other given tasks. Also, coordinate between IT and other departments and provide the highest standard of support to all AUC users while responding professionally and communicating efficiently with all IT challenges.
- Provide first level support and guidance to users starting with problems investigation, preliminary troubleshooting and resolution for basic encountered IT and AV related problems
- Perform "Help Desk" log functions, including receiving, entering, solving, assigning, follow-up and reporting, all IT and AV related problems
- Coordinate and follow-up end-user support and route-specific problems to appropriate level specialized computing staff members for further investigation, troubleshooting, and solving
- Create departmental and part-time accounts and maintains AUC user accounts on the different system platforms (email and applications)
- Provide orientation sessions to newcomers before the start of a new semester
- Recommend procedure modifications or improvements
- Follow up with users to get feedback on problem handling/solving
- Represent other Information Technology staff members in a professional and respectful manner
- Determine the most effective way to resolve customer's technical issues
- Perform other duties as assigned and needed by supervisors and managers
Minimum Education Requirement(s): University degree, preferably IT related is required.
- One to three years of experience in IT user support environment
- Customer relations experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to deal with difficult and complex people and situations
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on shifts, overtime and on weekends
- Knowledge of basic Networks and PC related problems is an asset
- Knowledge of Audio Visual equipment is an asset
This position is open until October 26, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Help Desk Specialist” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at the American University in Cairo.”
Programme Coordinator/Team Leader Admissions & Registrar, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, about 10 hours ago
Amsterdam University College (AUC) is a joint institute of the University of Amsterdam and the Vrije Universiteit, offering a Bachelor (Honours) programme in the Liberal Arts and Sciences. AUC is...
Help Desk Specialist, Adler University, United States, about 15 hours ago
Description The Help Desk Support/ AV Specialist (HD/AVS) is responsible for supporting the Adler University faculty, staff, and student body technology request needs as well as assisting with the...
Temporary Executive (1 Year), National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 19 hours ago
Temporary Executive (1-year) - 00BU4 Description This is a 1-year temporary position. The incumbent will be part of the Business Systems and Operations unit of NUS' Global Relations Office. He or ...
It Support Analyst, University of Alberta, Canada, 29 days ago
Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine Competition No. - S108840473 Posting Date - Oct 18, 2019 Closing Date - Nov 01, 2019 Hourly Rate - $27.71 - $37.63 Grade - 08 Hours - 35 ...
Director Of Translation And Interpreting Studies, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 4 hours ago
Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU), a member of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science, and Community Development (QF), was founded in 2010 to continue fulfilling QF’s vision of unlocking human ...
Assistant Dean, Falcon Learning Communities, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
Khalifa University - College of Medicine and Health Sciences About University The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Techno...