The German International University (GIU) is a German cultural institution located in the New Administrative Capital, Egypt, and established under the frame of the Cultural Agreement of 1960 and 1984 concluded between the Arab Republic of Egypt and the Federal Republic of Germany. GIU was established in cooperation with the German State Universities of Applied Sciences, notably HTW Berlin, HWR Berlin, TH Ulm, and HHN.
The university offers industry-focused and future-oriented Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in different specializations and majors, in the Faculties of Engineering, Informatics and Computer Science, Business Administration, Design, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Engineering and Technology and Architectural Engineering.
The Faculty of Engineering - Pharmaceutical Engineering and Technology invites applications for the following position effective September 2021.
Full Professor / Associate Professor / Lecturer in Pharmaceutical Engineering
We are looking for candidates with academic and professional expertise in one or more of the areas of Pharmaceutical Engineering including: Pharmaceutical/Chemical/Bioscience Engineering.
- Candidates should hold a PhD or Professional Doctorate with extensive working experience (ideally at least 3 years) in recognized universities or industrial fields. Preference will be given to candidates who have industrial work experience in the pharmaceutical Industry.
- Candidates should have the capability of initiating and acquiring funding for academic research.
- Successful candidates are expected to be committed to excellence in undergraduate and graduate teaching of various course units in the discipline of Pharmaceutical Engineering.
- Candidates should have experience in leading research group and supervising Master and Ph.D. students.
- Track record of collaborative research and successful supervision.
- High capacity to develop pedagogical innovations and to manage a study program.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation).
- Proficiency in English (oral and written).
Successful candidates are expected to be committed to excellence in undergraduate or graduate teaching. Preference will be given to candidates who conducted eminent academic research in the discipline pharmaceutical/chemical/bioscience engineering, which is clearly reflected in publications in high-quality academic journals and peer-reviewed books.
The position is to be filled by the Winter semester (September 2021). Appointment to this position will initially be made on a fixed-term contract of two years. Positional classification
(lecturer, assistant, or full professor) and salaries will be matching the qualifications and relevant experience of the candidate. Continuation of appointment beyond the initial term will be subject to mutual agreement.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, a list of publications, and names of at least three referees. Applications are to be submitted through GIU Website. Please click ‘Apply’ button.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. For best consideration, submit applications by < 31st of May 2021 >.
Associate Professor In German Literature, University of Rijeka, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Croatia, 4 days ago
The Department of German Language and Literature in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of Rijeka, Croatia seeks to appoint an Associate Professor in German Literature....
Announces The Competition For The Assistant Professor, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań, Poland, 8 days ago
- The candidate should have a PhD degree in German literature; - The candidate is expected to have high and documented academic competence in the field of German literature, culture of the German-...
Assistant Professor At The Chair Of German Literature And Culture At The Willy Brandt Center Of The..., University of Wroclaw, Poland, 30 days ago
Director of the Willy Brandt Center for German and European Studies of the University of Wroclaw announces a competition for the position of Assistant Professor at the Chair of German Literature a...
Professor Of Battery Electrochemistry And Materials, Office for Faculty Affairs, Switzerland, 36 minutes ago
Position ID:ETH -Office for Faculty Affairs -PROF [#18806] Position Title: Position Type:Non tenure-track faculty Position Location:Zurich, Zurich 8092, Switzerland [map ] Subject Area: Chemistry...
School Of Business And Economics Department Of Economics University Professor Of Macroeconomics Salary Grade: W3 Or Equivalent Reference Code: Fb10/We2/P21 Bewerbungsende: 24.06.2021, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 9 hours ago
The successful applicant will cover research and teaching in the field of macroeconomics. Appointment requirements are governed by Section 100 of the Berlin Higher Education Act (Berliner Hochschu...
Research Software Engineers (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 7 hours ago
As the German National Library of Science and Technology our future-oriented services ensure the infrastructural requirements for a high-quality supply of information and literature for research i...