Reports to: Senior Associate Vice President (AVP) for Human Resources, The Office of Human Resources
Purpose:The holder of this position will provide full administrative support to the senior associate vice president for the Office of Human Resources by performing all tasks necessary to accomplish the objectives of the office and ensure its smooth operation.
- Independently communicate and interface, frequently and effectively with campus-wide administrative staff, faculty, students and senior administrators
- Develop positive relationships and communications with professional organizations, offices and external agencies
- Receive and screen all incoming calls and/or visitors to the senior AVP for the Office of Human Resources and ensure appropriate follow-up to requests
- Perform daily duties such as handling questions, directing and referring inquiries to appropriate the office and screening, proofreading and distributing mail
- Provide administrative support to the senior AVP for the Office of Human Resources including managing a busy calendar, scheduling and prioritizing appointments and making travel arrangements for international and domestic travel including developing detailed itineraries of visits and schedule or initiate all travel arrangements
- Coordinate activities between the HR office, direct reports and senior staff on topics related to personnel matters, annual budget reports and annual human resource activities
- Prepare minutes of meetings and related correspondence
- Organize and maintain paper and electronic files
- Maintain a database of mailing addresses and phone numbers of different stakeholders
- Effectively handle all office logistics, including keeping track of office equipment, ordering office supplies and stationary as well as monitoring inventory levels
- Assist with set-up and coordination of meetings: book meeting rooms, arrange catering and send invitations
- Responsible for contacting outside organizations and arranging or confirming dates for meetings
- Provide limited administrative support to all units reporting to the senior AVP for the Office of Human Resources: travel arrangements and staff leaves
- Prepare fund reservations and expense reports for the Office of Human Resources, follow up on payments and handles office petty cash
- Any other duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelors in any discipline. An executive secretarial diploma is an asset.
Experience: A minimum of eight years of relevant work experience including three in a senior administrative role
- Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic language
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical, organization and problem-solving skills
- SAP knowledge is an asset
- Handle pressure effectively
- Team player
This position is open until March 28, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “50032161 Executive Assistant to Senior Associate Vice President for Human Resources, Human Resources Office” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Administrative Assistant, Wesleyan University, United States, 21 days ago
Position Information Position Information Job Posting Number S00721 Position Title Administrative Assistant Department Human Resources Department-1013 Job Category Staff Posting Position Type Full...
Senior Administrative Officer, Office Of The Chief Administrative And Finance Officer, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
The Opportunity Reporting to the Chief Administrative and Finance Officer(CAFO),the incumbent provides senior level administrative,logistical,and organizational support to the office of the CAFO. ...
Community Relations Manager, University of Central Florida, United States, 2 days ago
This position is a community relations role that manages business and community relationships, and issues within UCF's immediate service area: Orange, Seminole, and Osceola. The position oversees ...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer In Community And Public Health Nutrition, University of Otago, New Zealand, 12 days ago
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Community and Public Health Nutrition-1901913 DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN NUTRITION and ASSOCIATE DEAN (PACIFIC) SCIENCES DIVISIONAL OFFICE Talofa lava, Nisa bula vinaka, Kia o...
Compensation Analyst Human Resources Full Time 8 Hour Days (Fixed Term), University of Southern California, United States, 16 days ago
Responsibilities include overall job analysis and evaluation, wage and salary programs, and merit and performance management programs. Participate in salary surveys, job code development and compe...
Human Resources Student Assistant, Lamar University, United States, about 22 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Summary Position Title Human Resources Student Assistant Posting Number STU014 VP Area VP for Finance and Operations Division Human Resources Division Department Human Reso...