Reports to: Senior Associate Vice President (AVP) for Human Resources, The Office of Human Resources
Purpose:The holder of this position will provide full administrative support to the senior associate vice president for the Office of Human Resources by performing all tasks necessary to accomplish the objectives of the office and ensure its smooth operation.
- Independently communicate and interface, frequently and effectively with campus-wide administrative staff, faculty, students and senior administrators
- Develop positive relationships and communications with professional organizations, offices and external agencies
- Receive and screen all incoming calls and/or visitors to the senior AVP for the Office of Human Resources and ensure appropriate follow-up to requests
- Perform daily duties such as handling questions, directing and referring inquiries to appropriate the office and screening, proofreading and distributing mail
- Provide administrative support to the senior AVP for the Office of Human Resources including managing a busy calendar, scheduling and prioritizing appointments and making travel arrangements for international and domestic travel including developing detailed itineraries of visits and schedule or initiate all travel arrangements
- Coordinate activities between the HR office, direct reports and senior staff on topics related to personnel matters, annual budget reports and annual human resource activities
- Prepare minutes of meetings and related correspondence
- Organize and maintain paper and electronic files
- Maintain a database of mailing addresses and phone numbers of different stakeholders
- Effectively handle all office logistics, including keeping track of office equipment, ordering office supplies and stationary as well as monitoring inventory levels
- Assist with set-up and coordination of meetings: book meeting rooms, arrange catering and send invitations
- Responsible for contacting outside organizations and arranging or confirming dates for meetings
- Provide limited administrative support to all units reporting to the senior AVP for the Office of Human Resources: travel arrangements and staff leaves
- Prepare fund reservations and expense reports for the Office of Human Resources, follow up on payments and handles office petty cash
- Any other duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelors in any discipline. An executive secretarial diploma is an asset.
Experience: A minimum of eight years of relevant work experience including three in a senior administrative role
- Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic language
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical, organization and problem-solving skills
- SAP knowledge is an asset
- Handle pressure effectively
- Team player
This position is open until March 28, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “50032161 Executive Assistant to Senior Associate Vice President for Human Resources, Human Resources Office” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Assistant To The Associate Vice President For Human Resources/Human Resources Project Coordinator, Wesleyan University, United States, about 18 hours ago
Position Information Position Information Job Posting Number S00721 Position Title Assistant to the Associate Vice President for Human Resources/Human Resources Project Coordinator Department Huma...
Assistant Director, Hr Infrastructure And Renewal, Carleton University, Canada, about 6 hours ago
Job Number: J0719-0081 Job Title: Assistant Director, HR Infrastructure and Renewal Job Type: Continuing Full Time Department: Human Resources Job Category: Human Resources Number of Positions: 1 ...
Hr Administrator, University of Alberta, Canada, 2 days ago
VP Research Competition No. - S109239497 Posting Date - Jul 11, 2019 Closing Date - Jul 18, 2019 Position Type - Full Time - Operating Funded Salary Range - $42,830 to $57,364 ...
Translation Officer, Vice President Office, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 22 hours ago
The Opportunity The Office of the Vice President seeks an incumbent for the position of Translation Officer to provide effective translations (English and Arabic) of papers, articles and document...
Executive Assistant, Office Of Vice President, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 21 hours ago
The Opportunity The Office of the Vice President seeks an incumbent for the position of Executive Assistant to provide operational, administrative and protocol support on the Abu Dhabi Campus to t...
Faculty And Staff Relations Officer, University of Alberta, Canada, 1 day ago
Reporting to the Director, Faculty and Staff Relations, the Faculty and Staff Relations Officer is responsible for providing strategic advice and support to University administrators (Senior Execu...