Reports to: Environmental Health and Safety Supervisor
Purpose: The job holder will provide all range of environmental health and safety services to the American University in Cairo (AUC) through spreading an environmental health and safety culture within the community, implementing the EHS policies and procedures, providing EHS consultations on routine and emergency situations, and conducting training. He/she is responsible cover maintaining AUC human resources healthy and, on the job, and AUC property safe and compliance with the environmental health and safety regulations.
- Conduct daily environmental health and safety inspections of job sites, tools and equipment’s, and review site activities for potential environmental health and safety hazards
- Coordinate site environmental health and safety activities with the contractor and sub-contractor
- Giving on site advice as appropriate during inspection visits
- Visiting university premises to inspect processes and procedures and ensure good health and safety practice
- Ensuring workers are provided with suitable protective equipment, such as eye goggles, ear protectors or appropriate types of gloves and clothing
- Support EHS team in conducting programs to improve the environmental health and safety culture through public safety campaigns or any other activities
- Participate in the investigation of all incidents (accidents and near-misses)
- Prepare reports based on inspections, observations and investigations with recommending measures and methods for eliminating unsafe working conditions and procedures
- Take action and report immediately to the EHS assistant supervisor in case of dangerous actions and/or situations
- Act as a constant advisor on the field for any problems related to EHS for all personnel
- Support in conducting mock drills on a periodic basis and follow-up on completion of observer’s findings
- Verify on daily basis the correct use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)'s by all personnel
- Respond to any fire alarm occurs at any location at AUC, or to any emergency case occurs, assist in the evacuation operations and in fighting any fire
- look into accidents, complaints and current procedures, collecting information and data
- Ensure that the fire fighting and environmental health and safety equipment are regularly inspected and maintained
- Observe and enforce environmental health and safety standards, rules and regulations in the work area
- Monitor proper housekeeping and cleaning of the working area
- Play a key role in maintainingEnvironmental Health and Safety and Environment (OHS&E) records and other administration issues related to the respective business units
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Candidate preferably possesses a bachelor's degree, or equivalent
Experience: · More than 4 years of work experiences in related fields
- English proficiency AUC level: Lower Intermediate 40-60 percent
- Good in speaking and writing in English and Arabic
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- University EHS experience is preferred
This position is open until March 7, 2023
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
"The American University in Cairo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply."
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Senior Safety Partner Operations And Inspections, Arizona State University, United States, 3 days ago
91728BR Campus: Tempe Fire Prevention Officer Job Description Plans, organizes, evaluates, and implements activities and programs to ensure safe and compliant construction permitting/inspections, ...
Safety Officer, Harvard University, United States, 17 days ago
18-May-2023 Campus Services 62485BR Job Summary This position provides technical and operational support for the University’s EH&S programs to minimize risks and ensure compliance with EH&S laws a...
Chemical Inventory Safety Specialist, Arizona State University, United States, 3 days ago
91652BR Campus: Tempe Safety Specialist Job Description Primarily focused on assisting with the implementation of accurate chemical container barcoding and real-time inventorying of hazardous mate...
Associate Biosafety Officer, Harvard University, United States, 2 days ago
02-Jun-2023 Campus Services 62734BR Job Summary The Associate Biological Safety Officer (ABSO) is responsible for providing support to the Biosafety Team within the Environmental Health & Safety (...
Associate Safety Officer, Harvard University, United States, 15 days ago
18-May-2023 Campus Services 62585BR Job Summary This position delivers safety services to minimize risks and ensure compliance with environmental and safety regulations for construction projects. ...
Associate Director Semiconductor Safety Operations, Arizona State University, United States, 3 days ago
91668BR Campus: Tempe Assoc Dir Semiconductor Safety Job Description ASU's Environmental Health and Safety Department is looking for a qualified professional to plan, organize, and direct the enti...